Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Boston @ Toronto - Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Do we wear the home or the third this game? I love the third jersey and I own one myself, but I think we should go with the homes this game. I know the third is a throwback the 1967 team, the last team that won the cup obviously, but I think we should wear the homes and write our own history going forward, should we win that game.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Sucks that Game 6 and 7 are back to backs...

That could work out in the Leafs favor. They are the younger team after all. Chara might be a little bit slow and tired in game 7 (assuming Leafs win game 6 of course!)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
@DarrenDreger

Grabovski's flip-o-puck attempt in the 1st is an off-day sidebar. Kadri says he might try it. Based on Carlyle's reax earlier...I wouldn't.

:laugh:

Offspring

Feb 13, 2010
Sucks that Game 6 and 7 are back to backs...

I can't help but think the back to back games hurt the Bruins more than us. Let's not forget it's a back to back with travel for the Bruins as well. This might be the only time where being a much younger, and possibly more energetic team does us more good than harm.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Well to get in the back-to-back situation, we have to WIN tomorrow! LET'S GO BOYS! Do it for the city!

The Wall

Mar 28, 2013
As a Sens fan, I feel dirty for saying this, but I'm pulling for you guys. Watched the game last night and love the way your boys play. Just wouldn't quit against a more seasoned and experienced team. Love it.

I was going for you guys all the way to destroy the Habs! thanks for that.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Do we wear the home or the third this game? I love the third jersey and I own one myself, but I think we should go with the homes this game. I know the third is a throwback the 1967 team, the last team that won the cup obviously, but I think we should wear the homes and write our own history going forward, should we win that game.

http://icethetics.info

The Maple Leafs, I believe, have made a habit of sporting their thirds for the playoffs in recent years. Well, not "recent" as the last time they qualified was 2004. But between 1999 and 2004, their old white alternate got an extra workout in the postseason.
That said, I'm fairly sure the NHL only permits teams to use two jerseys during the playoffs. So if the Sharks were to win the Cup, they'd only be able to do so wearing black or white.

parker171*

grabovskiflip.gif

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If I don't get the Father/Husband/Son of the Year Award for giving up going to this game to take my Wife, kids and Mother out for dinner there is something wrong.

If that isn't bad enough, when they win the Series I have a business trip(which I'll miss our Anniversary for) the following weekend which would coincide with Games 3 & 4 of the Semi's.
Don't suppose the tickets need a good home. :naughty:

KlaxicoBurress

Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, ON
what a great idea, not sure why we don't see that attempted by players more often. i bet grabo regrets not letting the puck fall a little longer, or even waiting until it landed before taking a swing at it. would've been one of the most incredible playoff goals in years.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Had that been legal and gone in, goal of the entire playoffs right there. Wouldnt be topped.

not just the entire playoffs, goal of the decade. Although Ovechkin's crazy goal on his back in 04 or 05 I think would be number 1 IMO. Grabo's though would be #2 though

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Somehow managed to get another two tickets this morning! :laugh:

All three home games, would have never thunk it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Remember when this use to be the Leafs third jersey.

0116-tor-third.jpg

During the 2002 and 2003 playoffs the Leafs would wear it during their home games and in the 2004 playoffs they would wear it during their road games.

So maybe that's the reason why they have been wearing their new third jersey in Game 3, Game 4 and chances are during Game 6.

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I loved the effort these past 4 games. If they can kick it up a notch and tighten up defensively we should have no problem going to game 7. Need to limit chances and stay coordinated. Too many turnovers trying to breakout, everyone needs to be on the same page. That's whats killing us. The bruins arent like the blackhawks where they make amazing offensive plays, they feed off of turnovers. No turnovers = no goals. Obviously the TO number wont be 0, but the more we limit turnovers the fewer chances they get. They're a tight checking defensive team, make one mistake and there's a good chance its going in the back of your net. We learned that the hard way. That is the key to beating this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad