Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Boston @ Toronto - Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i kinda like the back to back games.

ideally we crush them in game 6 and it gives them no chance to recover and regroup.... just gotta take it to them hard. they'll be shell shocked and before they figure out what's going on, they'll have lost 3 straight to lose the series. they'll wake up tuesday morning not knowing what hit them!

when we lost game 1... we had a nice break and came back much stronger for game two. without a break... it'll be tough for them to win game 7 if we can pull out the win tomorrow

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
As for all of those talking about the game being on Mother's Day, my mother would be annoyed if the plans for tomorrow night did not include watching the Leafs game and would insist that any Mother Day's celebrations be held earlier in the day and over with before the game or simply held on another day.

Game 7 of the 1993 series between the Leafs and Kings fell on my grandparents' 65th anniversary. We had a big early dinner (around 4:00 I think) at a local restaurant and then virtually everyone came back to my parent's place to watch the game.

Raptactics29

Mar 28, 2007
London, Ontario
You know, us being down 3-2 I'm not even worried. We've been the better team in all games except the first game. Last night we played an almost perfect game except the final 10 or 11 minutes but did what it took to get it done. If it weren't for Rask we'd of won that game by 10 goals. The first 40 minutes of that game was the best 2 periods we've played all year.. and it's real encouraging that we did that when it really matter. Boston of old.. the veteran group they have would've put a young, inexperienced team like Toronto away because they'd of known they don't want to go back to Toronto for game 6.

Games 3 or 4 we had stretches that gave Boston the game. In game 2 we had a 5-10 minute stretch that sealed our fate (Fraser trying to play the puck on Lucic; the Kessel giveaway).. and in game 4 Boston outplayed us for 7-8 minutes and scored 3 goals in the 2nd period. We have been the better team the last 4 games but unfortunately we're 2-2.

Us not rolling over last night and playing such a good, hard game was an encouraging sign. I truly believe we will win tomorrow night to force a 7th game and then who knows. We're 2-1 in Boston and wouldn't it be simply amazing if we won 3 in a row. I mean we deserve to be heading to the next round right now but stupid mistakes and our inexperience has hurt us. Boston is a tired team.. they don't want to go 7 with us because we are younger, fast, and still have tons in the tank.

Go Leafs. I'm very proud of how we played last night!!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
As for all of those talking about the game being on Mother's Day, my mother would be annoyed if the plans for tomorrow night did not include watching the Leafs game and would insist that any Mother Day's celebrations be held earlier in the day and over with before the game or simply held on another day.

Game 7 of the 1993 series between the Leafs and Kings fell on my grandparents' 65th anniversary. We had a big early dinner (around 4:00 I think) at a local restaurant and then virtually everyone came back to my parent's place to watch the game.

Same with my mom as well. I'm taking her out for lunch tomorrow or an early dinner because she wants to be home for the game. She wouldn't miss the game for anything lol

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
One thing I don't understand, why not play Kessel and Lupul both over 20 minutes a night? Why is that not a good strategy? Usually you see teams play their best players a lot in the playoffs. I think these guys have to play more than they have been.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Remember how compact Boston's schedule was down the stretch? With these next 2 games back-to-back, if the Leafs keep on outhitting and wearing down the Bruins - who knows where fatigue might effect this series.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Had that been legal and gone in, goal of the entire playoffs right there. Wouldnt be topped.

had he waited a tiny bit longer, it would've been legal, and who knows maybe he would have scored. I'd say that would've been more than goal of the playoffs, it would've been goal of the year.

Love that he tried it, shows that he's not afraid, not nervous.... he's pulling on the outs, to try to score.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Am I missing something? Why the hell would we trade Gardiner for Couturier?
Offensively-speaking, Colborne has a higher upside. Better shot, and playmaking ability thanks to his vision. On the other hand, Couts is a two-way guy, which isn't a bad thing. However, we're better off utilizing Joe Colborne who was even part of the Bruins plans.

I'm certain that Joe will be playing next season. They're probably playing it safe and will sign him to a cheap contract this off-season. I think a Kadri - Grabovski - Colborne - McClement tandem in the middle is pretty good.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So....i have been pretty laid back throughout this series....if we lose we lose. But after reading the pompous arrogance of B's fans in the game 6 thread....i hope the Leafs kick their ass. The sense of entitlement is amazing seeing how other than game 1, the Leafs have been the better team.

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
Also, the Leafs need to pick off some of their passes back to the point when they drive the zone and reverse the play back to the point.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
So....i have been pretty laid back throughout this series....if we lose we lose. But after reading the pompous arrogance of B's fans in the game 6 thread....i hope the Leafs kick their ass. The sense of entitlement is amazing seeing how other than game 1, the Leafs have been the better team.

Yup. GO Leafs GO!!!!!!!!!!

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
was supposed to have dinner with my mom and family tomorrow night. now we're having lunch. problem solved.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Trying to break the Bruins' puck cycle is a catch 22.

The Bruins being able to cycle the puck in our zone was a huge problem in allowing them to almost come back (along with the team sitting back a bit too much).

The problem is that the dmen alone cannot handle their forechecking forwards once they get the cycle going. And they do such a good job of moving it back to the dmen that our forwards can't collapse too much or the D get too much space for a shot on net (like the Chara goal). Leafs need to figure that out, do a better job of laying the body and chip the puck out quickly rather than hanging on to it trying to find a pass and giving it away.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies

I was at a wedding that night. When the game ended; the wedding mood was basically over.

Such a weird night; many hung around the parking lot; to listen to the game on the car radios.

LeafNationCitizen

May 11, 2013
Hey Gents

Getting kinda tired of the same old gang over on the Leafs Fanboards and thought I would give this one a shot.

The boys will come out strong for game 6 and I'm pretty confident we will be playing a 7 th in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad