Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Boston @ Toronto - Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Win this one for your home-crowd and your mommas. I don't care how you do it, I don't care how pretty it looks, just take those bears down and take this series all the way to game 7.

Hopefully Reimer's on his game again tonight, he'll be a huge part of whether or not we win this one. He's been fantastic all series, I don't care what some people try to say. This kid is the real deal, and has battled like a champion to keep us in this series.

But regardless of the outcome, I hope these boys are proud of themselves. They've outplayed a true "contender" in almost every game of this series, and have been gaining some incredible experience while showing a ton of determination against a team many thought we wouldn't see Game 5 against. It's been a treat to watch the guys in Blue and White in May again so far, and with the way they've played through 5, it's like we never really missed a beat. Game 7 would be epic, finally striking some fear into the Bruins that this won't just be a cake-walk.

Dominate the physical play, use your speed, get in Rask's head, and try and keep Reimer from having to stand on his. This is OUR house, don't you dare let them forget that.

GO LEAFS GO!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
They seem incredibly confident over on the Bruins board, like they're not giving us any credit or chance to win. They all think it ends tonight.

Let's do it boys!

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
They seem incredibly confident over on the Bruins board, like they're not giving us any credit or chance to win. They all think it ends tonight.

Let's do it boys!

Bruins fans are a pathetically arrogant bunch. I don't mind their team for the most part, but their fans are terrible. :laugh:

Apr 1, 2010
Win this one for your home-crowd and your mommas. I don't care how you do it, I don't care how pretty it looks, just take those bears down and take this series all the way to game 7.

Hopefully Reimer's on his game again tonight, he'll be a huge part of whether or not we win this one. He's been fantastic all series, I don't care what some people try to say. This kid is the real deal, and has battled like a champion to keep us in this series.

But regardless of the outcome, I hope these boys are proud of themselves. They've outplayed a true "contender" in almost every game of this series, and have been gaining some incredible experience while showing a ton of determination against a team many thought we wouldn't see Game 5 against. It's been a treat to watch the guys in Blue and White in May again so far, and with the way they've played through 5, it's like we never really missed a beat. Game 7 would be epic, finally striking some fear into the Bruins that this won't just be a cake-walk.

Dominate the physical play, use your speed, get in Rask's head, and try and keep Reimer from having to stand on his. This is OUR house, don't you dare let them forget that.

GO LEAFS GO!

Well Said! :handclap::handclap:

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario

GO LEAFS GO!

:towel: so pumped for tonight

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Love these Bruin fans :laugh:

Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand are just playing bad...and they would roll over us if that line was working well.

Have they ever wondered why they aren't doing good? Nah..they won't give Phaneuf and Gunnarsson any credit :laugh:

If Carlyle played Gardiner and Liles from Game 1 and we would have rolled over them.

High school goalie Reimer will show them how it's done tonight. Get ready milk crate thrower.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I called the Leafs in 7, so obviously I believe there will be a game 7.

More of the same, shut down the Krejci line. Moving Mcclement to where JVR was, was a little but subtle move that made a difference last night.

Krejci was eating up Grabo, so at least Mcclement was able to stop the bleeding.

Kadri played his best game of the series last night back in a top 6 role for the 1st 2 periods of last game, he had chances, was more noticeable, he almost scored with a great backhand that Rask stopped. He may be due to break out.

Bozak had his best game last night also, maybe the injury is healing, but not only because he delivered results(haters be damned) but he made many smart defensive plays, and won face-offs when they were key ones.

As I said before the series began, the longer this series goes, the better for us. The investments in hits may be taking their toll on the Bruins. I thought they blew their fuel reserves in the 3rd last night.

This may be a case of Ali vs Forman. We are younger, and we should have better legs than the Bruins heading into game 6 and maybe 7.

Point 1: Grabo dominated Krejci on the draw and his line spent most of their time in the offensive zone. Maybe you should actually watch the games.

Point 2: Bozak lost almost every key draw that there was. He lost the draw at the end of the game that kept the Leafs hemmed in there own zone and he lost multiple draws on the PP which allowed the Bruins to clear the puck.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leaf Nation really deserves a game 7 for all the excitement that it involves ..

So lets win this one and bring one on. !!!!

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I had to chuckle at the attempt, Grabo has a hard time hitting empty nets and he tries this move. :laugh:

I'm willing to bet anything if that were Kadri, Bozak or anyone else you would be talking about how great they are and that they are at least trying something as well as doing something to ***** about Grabo.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
That's awesome. :handclap:

It's time to get our first playoff win at home in 9 years.

Fun fact: Joe Bowen lurks HFBoards. I was listening to the beginning of the last game on the radio as I was driving home from work, and Bowen made a "Burn the boats" reference. Coincidence? I think not.

"Burn the boats" is what Randy Carlyle has been using as the team motto since the beginning of the year. Which is where HF got it from and is also where Bowen probably got it from as well.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Go Leafs Go! All you guys and ladies going tonight, rock the ACC like the Isles fans did last night! CHEER ON THOSE BOYS IN BLUE!

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Anyone think that the decline in minutes for Kadri is the reason for low production instead of vice versa? I menan you gotta keep giving him minutes for him to get through it. Seems illogical what RC's doing

He was putting up points with limited minutes in the reg season. That being said, he hasn't exactly been showing that he deserves the minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad