GDT: Game #6 | Blues @ Lightning | "YOU COULD HAVE BEEN 5-0!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
You know what they'd get though, A point. That's 2 weak goals tonight. And as we've seen. Once you don't trust the goalie, the rest goes to ****
He's kept 24/26 out. That's competent At worst. At some point there has to be some accountability for the skaters.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You know what they'd get though, A point. That's 2 weak goals tonight. And as we've seen. Once you don't trust the goalie, the rest goes to ****

You are right about that. If Allen let softies team will respond the same way. This team isn't mentally tough one.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Allen can be rightfully criticized for something without the connotation that a loss is completely his fault.
Right. That was my whole point. I'm only seeing criticism about the goalie. He's given up 2 goals. 2 out of 3 games that's good enough for a win. Putting up 0 goals is a recipe for a loss 3 out of 3 games.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Man, and that happened to be the only play by Kucherov I was impressed with.

Both him and Tarasenko have been quiet tonight.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's kept 24/26 out. That's competent At worst. At some point there has to be some accountability for the skaters.
1st goal is on him. Soft wrister beat him 5 hole. 2nd goal is on Soboktas turnover and Eddys mistake....with all that said, its still a SOFT goal. Im not upset with him because he's not putting up a vezina performance. He's not making the saves he has to make.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Right. That was my whole point. I'm only seeing criticism about the goalie. He's given up 2 goals. 2 out of 3 games that's good enough for a win. Putting up 0 goals is a recipe for a loss 3 out of 3 games.
I mean, most of the criticism has been concentrated right after the goals were given up. That is the usual time for that sort of thing.

I think most people would agree the team around him has been outplayed by their opponents tonight. They've been outplayed in transition and along the boards, and generally haven't done much to create offense down low in the Tampa Bay zone. They've whiffed on the few real chances they've had. None of those are good things.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
This team has no coordination. Tampa is shutting down the Schwartz-Schenn-Blais line and 56/71-Stastny-Tank hasn't done anything since the beginning of the game. Then the 3rd line..... Well yeah.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Stastny whiff was brutal. No sustained pressure by the Blues and credit goes to the TB defensive game in smothering the puck in their zone.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I’m honestly not overly surprised. Most underlying stats showed Blues won the first 4 games because of goaltending so now that Allen is playing average the true colors are coming out.

On a good note, Blais looks like did in preseason. A legit NHLer. Dunn’s offensive prowess really starting to show.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I never knew how much I would miss Bergy on the 3rd line. I didn't think PRV and Jaskin on the wings would be this lackluster.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Welp crap my Sling broadcast just glitched out are started the game over lol, do not think I could tourture myself to watch this one twice lol

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I’m honestly not overly surprised. Most underlying stats showed Blues won the first 4 games because of goaltending so now that Allen is playing average the true colors are coming out.

On a good note, Blais looks like did in preseason. A legit NHLer. Dunn’s offensive prowess really starting to show.

They won the first few games because they took a early leads and used that to control the pace of the game.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I mean, most of the criticism has been concentrated right after the goals were given up. That is the usual time for that sort of thing.

I think most people would agree the team around him has been outplayed by their opponents tonight. They've been outplayed in transition and along the boards, and generally haven't done much to create offense down low in the Tampa Bay zone. They've whiffed on the few real chances they've had. None of those are good things.
I agree. The first goal went through a Blues' defenceman's legs, and caromed off another Blues' defenceman's leg. Allen was partially screened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad