GDT: Game #58: Coyotes @ Canadiens - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Corner

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You’re acting like this was not the expectation this season, or hasn’t been the expectation for the last 2-3 seasons…weird.
This is not my expectation for this year, so far anyway. I would never have thought we would lose 13 in a row. There really is no defense for that. No pun intended.

The house isn't built yet.
Is the foundation poured?

Reactions: LittlePipes

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Why is it that Dumba and the other D always seem to pinch at the wrong time. If it was only Dumba I would blame him, but could this be a coaching problem? Who is our D coach?

A lot of players with brain cramps type of plays. Struggling with focus.

That's the downside of signing guys for one year and also having a few UFAs: with the deadline approaching and a season pretty much over, there is probably a lot of other stuff on some players mind hindering their split second, in game, decision making ability.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Were people really expecting the Coyotes to be good this year? I know I wasn’t. The first half was a pleasant surprise but I always had in the back of my mind how unexpectedly good Ingram’s play was. BA himself was surprised by the first half. This has been the expectation for multiple years now people, it’s called a plan, and it’s going just fine chill out haha.
Montreal and the Yotes started their rebuild the same time and both suck. Ottawa, Columbus and the Sabres are ahead of us by what, two years, and they all suck. Detroit started one year ahead of us and look good. Rebuilds are hard no doubt, but some know how to do it and some don't. Earlier BA stated that we have entered the next phase of the rebuild. What phase have we entered?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A lot of players with brain cramps type of plays. Struggling with focus.

That's the downside of signing guys for one year and also having a few UFAs: with the deadline approaching and a season pretty much over, there is probably a lot of other stuff on some players mind hindering their split second, in game, decision making ability.
I don't buy that. It's the NHL and the players know how it works this time of year. It's more like the quality of players you sign to that one year deal, and BA letting all your D enter UFA or RFA the same year.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Montreal and the Yotes started their rebuild the same time and both suck. Ottawa, Columbus and the Sabres are ahead of us by what, two years, and they all suck. Detroit started one year ahead of us and look good. Rebuilds are hard no doubt, but some know how to do it and some don't. Earlier BA stated that we have entered the next phase of the rebuild. What phase have we entered?
The phase where people start questioning rebuilds, after year 4 and 70ish points....

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Screw this talk of rebuild. There's something in the Arizona water that makes our teams mid at best. No rebuild will fix that. :cry:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Not core pieces that are making the critical errors typically. Tonight's were...

Goal 1 Dumba - Gone in days
Goal 2 Carcone - Gone at some point
Goal 3 LOB - Gone by next season

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Not core pieces that are making the critical errors typically. Tonight's were...

Goal 1 Dumba - Gone in days
Goal 2 Carcone - Gone at some point
Goal 3 LOB - Gone by next season
Washed up 5/6 D getting top line minutes, rookie, thug....Talent problem if this is who we are depending on for the team to win.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Washed up 5/6 D getting top line minutes, rookie, thug....Talent problem if this is who we are depending on for the team to win.
I thought you were high on Dumba's and Hayton's return from injury, or are you just "high?":laugh:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
That would be my point though. We are not depending on these players to win...they are fill ins until the real players are developed and winning games becomes important.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, winning games, not important boys. In fact, don't even think about getting demoralized by losses, just pick up your paycheck and enjoy the ride! :sarcasm:

Someday we'll get serious about winning again.... we'll let you know when. :sarcasm:

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
13 on the bounce....ouch! The feed I got had no sound on it (commentary or crowd) that may have been a blessing. Honestly I actually thought we outplayed them but clearly the goals in Montreal are smaller than every where else because they certainly found it hard to hit them! The next 3 games look to be nailed on losses, surely we are not going to reach 16............. are we??

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
So we are teaching Cooley and company it's cool to lose 15 in a row. Just show up and you will get paid till next year. Arizona Ground Hogs

New Avatar 😁
That could be the lesson I guess or...could be sometimes you have adversity and professionals play through that adversity. I haven't observed Cooley, Guenther, Maccelli etc. be demoralized or otherwise challenged. They are still competing hard and having good shifts.

No one thinks losing 15 in a row is cool on ice, in the now behavior but...the 8.5% & 8.6% shot at finally having a 1 or 2oa...that's cool as well as the positional bumps in each round after.
Yeah, winning games, not important boys. In fact, don't even think about getting demoralized by losses, just pick up your paycheck and enjoy the ride! :sarcasm:

Someday we'll get serious about winning again.... we'll let you know when. :sarcasm:
The Coyotes have a history of winning irrelevant games that have led to draft losses. This year, if this pans out, we had the best of both worlds. We had an exciting first half that made for entertaining hockey and a crap 2nd half that lead to better draft positioning. Celebrate!
13 on the bounce....ouch! The feed I got had no sound on it (commentary or crowd) that may have been a blessing. Honestly I actually thought we outplayed them but clearly the goals in Montreal are smaller than every where else because they certainly found it hard to hit them! The next 3 games look to be nailed on losses, surely we are not going to reach 16............. are we??
They definitely outplayed the Habs. It was an entertaining game generally played well. They got goalied as Montembault had a quality game and they had some critical, boneheaded, mistakes. Easily, could've been a 2-0 Coyote win.

Leafs are beatable, Sens are on a L streak and Capitals just gave up 8 goals. Surely one of those games they will keep Dumba at the blue line.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The phase where people start questioning rebuilds, after year 4 and 70ish points....
This is the 3rd season and it’s not even over yet.

So we are teaching Cooley and company it's cool to lose 15 in a row. 😁
We finally agree on something. This streak is intolerable. They should’ve shaken up the roster and sent a message.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is the 3rd season and it’s not even over yet.

We finally agree on something. This streak is intolerable. They should’ve shaken up the roster and sent a message.
What do you mean by shaken up the roster?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Not one Coyote defender has a contract for next season. This will be a defining off-season, BA has the assets to replace the whole blue line, but which teams would be willing to swing a deal with the 'Yotes? A few D's in free agency, but no real attraction to go to AZ.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Not one Coyote defender has a contract for next season. This will be a defining off-season, BA has the assets to replace the whole blue line, but which teams would be willing to swing a deal with the 'Yotes? A few D's in free agency, but no real attraction to go to AZ.
Attraction will go up if there’s stability of the promise of a new arena, with FA starting in July, we should know by then if we have that.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Attraction will go up if there’s stability of the promise of a new arena, with FA starting in July, we should know by then if we have that.
Problem might be that Free Agents are normally older and that means they might not be around long enough to move out of Mullett. That might make it harder to rebuild blueline quickly.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad