GDT: Game 57 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs St. Louis Blues | 12PM | It could have been Blueger vs the Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Unfortunately I think Sully relates to guys like Rowney, Kuhnackl and other low level players almost too much. Bylsma did the same thing. If you look at Bylsma and Sullivans playing careers they were of a similar variety. Hate to say it but maybe they want to afford such players a better opportunity because they themselves wanted it when they played.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Unfortunately I think Sully relates to guys like Rowney, Kuhnackl and other low level players almost too much. Bylsma did the same thing. If you look at Bylsma and Sullivans playing careers they were of a similar variety. Hate to say it but maybe they want to afford such players a better opportunity because they themselves wanted it when they played.

Or Rowney didn’t play when we had better centre depth. Doesn’t excuse not playing Blueger but if WBS is telling him things about him he doesn’t like he’ll stick with what he knows. He’s seen Rowney play some good games.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Or Rowney didn’t play when we had better centre depth. Doesn’t excuse not playing Blueger but if WBS is telling him things about him he doesn’t like he’ll stick with what he knows. He’s seen Rowney play some good games.
I believe he can relate to these depth players as players who work hard and do the little things. He's developed trust with them. That doesn't mean however it should supersede everything else and at times it appears it does. Bylsma pulled the shame shit.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
762067.gif

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I believe he can relate to these depth players as players who work hard and do the little things. He's developed trust with them. That doesn't mean however it should supersede everything else and at times it appears it does. Bylsma pulled the shame ****.

I don’t want Rowney either but no one is good enough to force him out either. There’s McKegg, Dea and Blueger. That’s sad that that is our centre depth.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I'm sorry...but if these lines remain unchanged, I'll be projectile vomiting too early in the morning. Where is Blueger and why is Rowney still playing?

Same reason Reaves will play until further notice. To spite @ColePens.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
As they should. He was a big part of their community, too.

I'll gladly leave him with them for the balance of the season. No return necessary.

Blues fan chiming in to second this comment. He was beloved here.

I know many in Pittsburgh werent overly thrilled at the time of the trade. Has that changed at all or still kinda meh about him?

We love the guyy. Most of us think the player is a square peg in a round hole and a waste of a space as a player.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Blues fan chiming in to second this comment. He was beloved here.

I know many in Pittsburgh werent overly thrilled at the time of the trade. Has that changed at all or still kinda meh about him?

He’s not the right fit on the ice. Seems like a great guy though.

Reactions: KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don’t want Rowney either but no one is good enough to force him out either. There’s McKegg, Dea and Blueger. That’s sad that that is our centre depth.
I don't conclusively know if Blueger is better. I suspect he might be, but I'd at least give the kid a look. We can all agree that Rowney isn't exactly setting the bar very high.

Reactions: Uemoda and KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope we've gotten over our prior piss-poor record on early games...Let's go boys!

Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss the start of this game. Hopefully they're winning when I get back. I promised the pooch I'd take him to the dog park this am since I have to go to a wedding later. He's not a big hockey or Pens fan--California native....

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
There's certainly nothing to lose taking a look.

Especially when the ice time would be minimal. If he sucks 5mins. If he sucks as much as Rowney up to 10 mins.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I hope we've gotten over our prior piss-poor record on early games...Let's go boys!

Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss the start of this game. Hopefully they're winning when I get back. I promised the pooch I'd take him to the dog park this am since I have to go to a wedding later. He's not a big hockey or Pens fan--California native....

My bigger concern is our piss poor record in ROAD games, especially in road games against playoff teams.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

I haven’t noticed us losing early games as much but do we play them much anymore.

Someone will probably come in with stats to show I am very wrong though :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad