Post-Game Talk: Game 57 - Marchand and Tuukka douse the Flames - BRUINS 2 Calgary 1 F/OT

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Didn’t get to watch this game but from the looks of the highlights it seems like it could have easily been 4 or 5-1 if not for Riddich in net. Their backup made some unbelievable saves.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Didn’t get to watch this game but from the looks of the highlights it seems like it could have easily been 4 or 5-1 if not for Riddich in net. Their backup made some unbelievable saves.
Don`t discount the game Tuukka had, could have been 4/5-1 for the Flames too

Reactions: bobbyorr04

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The lack of finish from the Bruins made this a frustrating game to watch. Can’t complain about the ending though, and Rask was absolutely lights out during OT.

I wonder if McAvoy is a bit tired. To my eyes he lacks some of his dynamism from earlier in the season.

I bet it's a mental aspect for the whole team. They all seem less sharp (well, maybe Rask still looks 100% sharp. Also Carlo has improved).

They simply can't go at a ~140 points pace for ever; doing it for 35 games it's almost a miracle. This is more mental fatigue of being always dialed in at 150%.
From March, the schedule is horrible as well: they will play every other night basically all the way to the end of the regular season.

Bottom line, I prefer they get this out of their system now and be ready for the playoffs.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Rask with a super performance, and Marchand the capper. Looked to me that Gaudreau and Brodie stayed out too long in the OT.

Great to see all those B's jerseys in the crowd.

Indeed, happy for all the B's fans to see a great finish, a great game overall. Based on what I saw last season, we'll see plenty of black and gold in Edmonton tonight as well.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Just a great game to watch. Rittich was fantastic in this game and was the real reason the Flames got a sniff in OT. I really had no issue with anyone's game in this one and I was really glad to see that in a tight game like this Tuukka, Marchand, and Pasta all stepped to the forefront and got the job done.

Your best players have to be your best players in a tight game such as this and it meant something that both teams were looking for a bounce back game as well as the fact that Calgary is trying to get into a playoff spot so you know they are a desperate team.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Krejci with his longest pointless stretch (6 games) since 2011-12. Ya I looked it up. It's good to see us still winning but he needs to be himself if we're going anywhere.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Krejci with his longest pointless stretch (6 games) since 2011-12. Ya I looked it up. It's good to see us still winning but he needs to be himself if we're going anywhere.
I think it is time for a line shakeup. Spooner and Debrusk don't have good chemistry with Krejci, Heinen has been making Nash and Backes look more dangerous offensively than they are. I don't know why Cassidy is so in love with these lines but it seems like now is a good time for a shakeup.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Goal helps David Pastrnak feel more at home - The Boston Globe

CALGARY — David Pastrnak didn’t have firsthand knowledge of fellow Czech David Rittich’s game, but he does have family ties to the Calgary Flames goalie.

“I actually know him really well — he went to high school with my older brother,” said Pastrnak, who was only one of two Bruins to beat Rittich here Monday in Boston’s 2-1 overtime win. “So I’m happy for this one, because now my brother’s going to give it to him big-time.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad