Post-Game Talk: Game 57 - Marchand and Tuukka douse the Flames - BRUINS 2 Calgary 1 F/OT

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Attended game right behind Bruins bench.Bruce Cassidy is an awesome coach.Dominated first 2/3 of game but scary last 1/3.
Happy to get 2 pts but not a doubt in my mind this team needs to add help at deadline..

Reactions: Boston Bruno

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Had to miss this one, but nice to see Pasta pot one, Tuukka play great and Marchand with the OT winner. Woo!

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
The lack of finish from the Bruins made this a frustrating game to watch. Can’t complain about the ending though, and Rask was absolutely lights out during OT.

I wonder if McAvoy is a bit tired. To my eyes he lacks some of his dynamism from earlier in the season.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Just finished watching this one on Center Ice . After a sorry performance last game, Tuukka was amazing here. Sure he had a goal post or two bail him out but all things considered this was a good bounce back game for Tuukka. B's were the better team and deserved the W but if not for Tuukka this would have been a L., Go B's go.

Reactions: iRONic™

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I wonder if McAvoy is a bit tired. To my eyes he lacks some of his dynamism from earlier in the season.

I think he's been playing a little more cautious, and has probably lost a bit of the confidence he had before his procedure.

...hopefully he will get stronger and more confident as the season goes on.

Reactions: Estlin

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The lack of finish from the Bruins made this a frustrating game to watch. Can’t complain about the ending though, and Rask was absolutely lights out during OT.

He's a young man and has had a lot on his plate as of late. He probably has a few things to sort out before he can get back to what he's capable of . I got a lot of patience for a player like him , especially after what he's been through.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I just finished watching the game and the B’s were definitely the better team, just had a hard time finishing. The refs should be ashamed of themselves. The calls on Krejci, Heinen and Grizz were awful. DK’s and Grizz’s in particular where Jankowski actually grabbed 46’s arm and Gaudreau held 48’s stick. Also, right before Heinen’s penalty Nash got tossed from the dot even though Frolik was in the circle early. There was multiple interference infractions that should have been called on the Flames. I love Tkachuk, but he literally has a stick or glove on someone impeding them every shift.

Calgary is a very easy team to dislike. Dougie is a given. Good to see that he’s still soft as warm butter in front of the net and in his own end. Hathaway and Ferland are punkish, but the guy that probably annoyed me the most was Lazar. What a spot picker, waited until the D was in vulnerable spots twice and then unloaded on McQuaid and McAvoy. Mark my words, someone is going to kick his ass.

I wish that the B’s would play Heinen with more offensively gifted players than Nash and Backes (seemed to be gripping the stick too tight today).

I saw a comment about McAvoy looking winded, but I didn’t see that. He looked real good to these eyes.

Rask was amazing in the 3rd and OT.

On to EDM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad