GDT: Game 55: Red Wings at kraken 3:30 pm et 2/19/24 (ESPN+, ESPN)

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Didn't watch the game , glad you prove me wrong about 27
It’s kind of like an EA Sports NHL game… where you need to put together a power forward, with a goal scorer and a playmaker to get 100% chemistry….

But in all seriousness, as long as 71 is paired with somebody skilled, so 88/23/93, I think Ras will be a good compliment to that line. He brings a different element to the game that no other forward can on the team… his big body provides one hell of a screen. He can easily be the new piano puller for the first line

Reactions: Filppula and lilidk

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Are you using AOL dialup? I don't have any issues with the website at all.
It's probably attributed to a laptop that is 8 years old at this point. The fact remains, streaming a game, and having this feed open slows things down

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
One of the great paradoxes in sport: how a guy can look good and bad at the sand time. Case in point: Maatta. He was in the mix all night. The puck followed him around. He kept the zone frequently. He cycled well. Yet, for all the shots he took, I don't think any of them made it past the first defender. It was almost comical.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'm running a $5K workstation streaming CCTV footage from 6-10 stores across NA and HFBoards is still the slowest most trash website I've come across. Terrible on my phone, terrible on my gaming system at home, terrible here at work. Just trash from top to bottom.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It's probably attributed to a laptop that is 8 years old at this point. The fact remains, streaming a game, and having this feed open slows things down

You gotta be kidding me, get a laptop with a solid state hard drive. I bought one as soon as they switched my work computer, and I realized how much faster they are at everything.

I'm running a $5K workstation streaming CCTV footage from 6-10 stores across NA and HFBoards is still the slowest most trash website I've come across. Terrible on my phone, terrible on my gaming system at home, terrible here at work. Just trash from top to bottom.
I have a $500 Dell laptop I bought pre-COVID, and I have no issues. Pages load just as fast as any page on the web. As always, you're missing some logical step that is just common sense for everyone else. I have no idea what issue you created for yourself, but it's not the website. It's you.

Edit: Pages load in less than a second for me. I am not kidding. I have Xfinity high speed.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
One of the great paradoxes in sport: how a guy can look good and bad at the sand time. Case in point: Maatta. He was in the mix all night. The puck followed him around. He kept the zone frequently. He cycled well. Yet, for all the shots he took, I don't think any of them made it past the first defender. It was almost comical.

Maatta should stop shooting. Like never take another shot again for the rest of his career. The risk/reward factor sucks. It gets blocked or intercepted and goes the other way too often.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I don't get why Maatta took that stupid penalty.

3rd goal was soft. Very soft.

The line of Larkin Kane and Rasmussen was bad because of Kane. Lalonde has to figure this out, and quickly.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You gotta be kidding me, get a laptop with a solid state hard drive. I bought one as soon as they switched my work computer, and I realized how much faster they are at everything.

I have a $500 Dell laptop I bought pre-COVID, and I have no issues. Pages load just as fast as any page on the web. As always, you're missing some logical step that is just common sense for everyone else. I have no idea what issue you created for yourself, but it's not the website. It's you.

Edit: Pages load in less than a second for me. I am not kidding. I have Xfinity high speed.
Once I'm in a subforum, it's largely ok. Still a mess. Coming to the site for the first time or going to the main forum menu? Good luck. Fails to load at about a 50% rate and even if it works it takes at least 20-30 seconds.

It's actually easier to move around forums to use the notification links if someone had thumbed up or quoted a post in a different subforum, rather than going to the main directory.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Once I'm in a subforum, it's largely ok. Still a mess. Coming to the site for the first time or going to the main forum menu? Good luck. Fails to load at about a 50% rate and even if it works it takes at least 20-30 seconds.

It's actually easier to move around forums to use the notification links if someone had thumbed up or quoted a post in a different subforum, rather than going to the main directory.

Are you ad blocking?

Don't tell the overlords but that makes this site a billion times better.

• Haha
Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Just sitting here mashing f5 and cackling as the page reloads in <1 second.

Edit: Just screamed "HFBOARDS DOT COM" as loud as I could at my toaster and this popped out. Connection seems pretty solid.
1000016799.jpg

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Are you ad blocking?

Don't tell the overlords but that makes this site a billion times better.
I've done both with and without adblocking. Multiple different browsers. Nothing really helps unless there is one particular one that works better than others. Some magic combination of browser and blocker that isn't trash.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I just tried the main board and some forums on there, no issues at all. No ad block, using Chrome. Every page loads up within one second.

No wonder why you post so much BS, you're doing it for the link, lol.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Is that why Bucci called him "Roley-Poley Ollie"?

Oct 18, 2006
We must have watched different games. That line was atrocious, with the sole exception of Kane.
They had some good shifts late I thought, but otherwise I agree, the line didn’t work and were defending majority of their shifts. Larkin was mostly invisible, and works better with Raymond. Ras used his body well protecting the puck but there wasn’t much puck possession from the line.

Reactions: Sentinel

ScubaV

Mar 8, 2014
I've done both with and without adblocking. Multiple different browsers. Nothing really helps unless there is one particular one that works better than others. Some magic combination of browser and blocker that isn't trash.
Yeah hfboards is trash for usability. It's often impossible to follow threads while the game is going. I'll try to go to the latest page and then back a couple pages to catch up. If the latest page is 18, I'll go to 17 and it only loads a handful of posts as if it is the latest page. If I go to page 16, same thing. Refreshing doesn't help. Time stamps will show posts as just posted. Some time after the game is over and posting slows down, functionality goes back to normal. It's been this way for years across multiple phone and PC devices, on different wifi connections or using data. So it's not on my end.

I don't know if they're related, but the footballs future forums are the exact same way.

Reactions: 14ari13

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Random comment but am I the only one who sometimes sees images fine in a GDT but then randomly they will turn into a broken link image?

Yeah the attachments seems to break for some reason. But then show up on other browsers? I dunno.

I generally can't see them at all.

Edit: Naturally I say that when the one right above me works out just fine
I believe it depends where they are hosted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad