GDT: Game 54: Red Wings at flames 4:00 pm et 2/17/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
It is difficult to explain but it seems this is the first time since Datsyuk left we simply outclassed the opponent. Few years ago that would be a yet another lost game.

And that's a good feeling.
Now that we are through the Van-Edm-Van gauntlet (where we did manage to snatch two points) the schedule gets a lot easier. Hopefully from here on out we see more of these games.

According to Tankathon, only 8 teams have a weaker schedule than Detroit to finish the season, and only one (Tampa) is our competition for the playoffs.

TOR, WSH, NJD, and PIT are all in the top-10 for remaining strength of schedule.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Now that we are through the Van-Edm-Van gauntlet (where we did manage to snatch two points) the schedule gets a lot easier. Hopefully from here on out we see more of these games.

According to Tankathon, only 8 teams have a weaker schedule than Detroit to finish the season, and only one (Tampa) is our competition for the playoffs.

TOR, WSH, NJD, and PIT are all in the top-10 for remaining strength of schedule.
MoneyPuck is not giving very good odds this morning for NYI or NJD to make the playoffs, schedule a large part of that. PIT is at 43% DET at 50.6%, tonight's win should bump them up to 56.15% or higher depending upon other scores.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Sorry, I can't hear you through the Red Wings branded ballgag.

oh good one.

If you can't see the difference between Calgary and Detroit's builds that is on you. You can resort to to childish insults all you like. I'll continue to watch as Yzerman builds a team that has a good culture that free agents want to be a part of.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
So I watched the recap and I still don't like Reimer's form in goal, but if he can keep getting the saves, I will get over it pretty quickly.

Also, that 4th goal - Perron's? From the overhead it looks like it was through Markstrom but headed past the net until it hit Markstrom's own stick and caromed in. That's some angry hockey god energy right there.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So I watched the recap and I still don't like Reimer's form in goal, but if he can keep getting the saves, I will get over it pretty quickly.

Also, that 4th goal - Perron's? From the overhead it looks like it was through Markstrom but headed past the net until it hit Markstrom's own stick and caromed in. That's some angry hockey god energy right there.
Was it Markstrom's stick or the defenseman's? I saw it deflect from a Calgary stick, but at first glance I had assumed it was the defense that redirected it.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It doesn't feel like Ras should be first line, he's solid bottom 6, just like majority of the team. Raymond Kane and Debrincat the most skilled guys on the team, but all small and not physical. Also Berggren is absolutely NHL ready, but he is just another small skilled guy, that should be on the top 6. Fabbri in the same category. Looking forward Fabbri, Berggren should get traded.
Our top 6 is Larkin, Raymond, Compher, Kane and Cat. Just missing skilled physical wing for our top 6. Perron is little too old for top 6

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Looking at the score you’d think the Wings were dominant…Just like we’ve seen throughout much of this season thus far: good team chemistry, opportunistic, and impressive results from a bunch of ‘Misfit Toys’.

Reactions: dalem177

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
It doesn't feel like Ras should be first line, he's solid bottom 6, just like majority of the team. Raymond Kane and Debrincat the most skilled guys on the team, but all small and not physical. Also Berggren is absolutely NHL ready, but he is just another small skilled guy, that should be on the top 6. Fabbri in the same category. Looking forward Fabbri, Berggren should get traded.
Our top 6 is Larkin, Raymond, Compher, Kane and Cat. Just missing skilled physical wing for our top 6. Perron is little too old for top 6
I would not lump Raymond into the same level of “small and not physical” as Kane and DCat. He doesnt throw a ton of big hits but he does win a lot of physical battles. I agree we do need a little more toughness in the top 6 (lol also everywhere else in the lineup too).

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Can't sleep, so I checked the Flames GDT. They are having a bad sad. They sound like they're where the Wings were in 2018 or so. Not fun.

Reactions: RRhoads

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Can't sleep, so I checked the Flames GDT. They are having a bad sad. They sound like they're where the Wings were in 2018 or so. Not fun.

Yeah they are in crap town right now. Too many high priced contracts and no performance from a lot of them. No way that team should be out of a playoff spot.

Reactions: FMichael

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad