GDT: Game 54: Red Wings at flames 4:00 pm et 2/17/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (24).png

Need a win, Let's Go Boys!

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
this is an absolute must win

we've lost 3 of 4 now, and are 4-4-1 in the last 9 after a hot streak. We've been known to go on long slumps when things go poorly, and we can't afford for this losing streak to get to 4 or 5 games. This is the biggest game of the last 8 years in my opinion.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
this is an absolute must win

we've lost 3 of 4 now, and are 4-4-1 in the last 9 after a hot streak. We've been known to go on long slumps when things go poorly, and we can't afford for this losing streak to get to 4 or 5 games. This is the biggest game of the last 8 years in my opinion.
And for the occasion , a decision was made to start James Reimer in net !

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Team playing pretty good defense lately, so Reimer will be ok. Fabbri is upgrade over Kostin
Anyone in Calgary we should pay attention for possible trade ?

Reactions: Filppula

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Team playing pretty good defense lately, so Reimer will be ok. Fabbri is upgrade over Kostin
Anyone in Calgary we should pay attention for possible trade ?
What games have you been watching? Their defense was super sloppy in edmonton and not great last night either.

I think playing Reimer will motivate the guys to wake up but we will see.

Reactions: DatsDeking

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What games have you been watching? Their defense was super sloppy in edmonton and not great last night either.

I think playing Reimer will motivate the guys to wake up but we will see.
You are taking about McDavid, Hughes and Peterson , those guys could make anybody silly, teams that on the top

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Lyon, I feel now is overworked no fault of his own with Husso out. Reimer may be getting more starts which obviously was not planned. We need four points on this trip boys. Last year close to this time of year is when Ottawa kicked our ass. Let's not collapse boys. Do it win the next two and come home with still a wild card spot.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lyon isn't over worked. It's the opposite. The break was during a heater and now he's not on the heater anymore.

Reactions: RRhoads

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Yzerman trades for Hanifin in between periods.

Hanifin skates out in his Calgary jersey for the start of the 3rd, and right before the puck drops he tears it off to reveal a Wings jersey.

Scores two goals including the game winner in OT. Him and Walman do synchronized griddies around the rink.

Old men all over the NHL piss themselves in rage.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Lyon isn't over worked. It's the opposite. The break was during a heater and now he's not on the heater anymore.
If Husso is week to week I cannot see Reimer though getting many starts so fatigue with Lyon could set in. We went through that last year with Husso.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Really need to find a way to get a win here. Two straight losses is unfortunate but also not the end of the world, but things could unravel real fast if they don't get some wins. Other teams are knocking on the door.

I'd also love to see Larkin get back to how he was playing a few weeks ago.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"You wouldn't think that streaking would be a thing for a hockey game, but it's not impossible, and the Flames are not immune to fans very occasionally dropping everything but their birthday suits and hitting the ice for a bit. This afternoon two teams with small streaks, so to speak, are meeting in Calgary, and much like that clothesless craze from the Carter era, someone's losing streak of 2 games is going to end for sure. Detroit is hoping that theirs doesn't end with a bum's rush and a black stripe on the screen covering up their back half, but instead with a decisive win that the Red Wings desperately want on the back half of this Western road trip."

- Plausible Keats

Reactions: Hockeyfan2390

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad