GDT: Game 54: Red Wings at flames 4:00 pm et 2/17/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Calgary are an unserious team. Couple of years ago I think that the depth and blue line there gave them a good team but that's eroded off. Big changes needed there.

My understanding is that their ownership will not let them rebuild pretty much no matter what. If so, it kind of makes sense that they've been in purgatory for so long.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Spend a lot more time in our own zone compared to the last two games. Weird team

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Nice to see the Wings return to form against a team they should beat.

The VAN/EDM games looked bad, but let's be real, Vancouver probably has the best roster in the league right now and McDavid on home ice can single-handedly beat most teams. And you are playing those teams while your body thinks it is 12am.

Those games aren't a sign of anything except a scheduled loss.

The stats made it look like Calgary peppered the net but outside of the first 10 minutes they were just perimeter shots and clear shots with little chance of going in.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I don't think they played that great but I'll absolutely take the win. Calgary greatly outshot us but almost all of it was weak perimeter stuff. Hats off to Reimer. If he can be solid in relief, that's massive for us.

Reactions: theYman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad