GDT: Game 5: Avs vs Ducks | Friday, October 13, 2017 | 7 PM MT | Just Our Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Or us and the people who spend free time and money on it lol

I haven't spent money on the Avs in years lol, no licensing apparel, nothing. Part of it was the last lockout, I'll get a hat or licensed t-shirt once they hire suitable replacements for Sakic/Bednar or maybe win a playoff round.

It probably has no bearing in the grand scheme of things but it's my own way of protesting their incompetence, I was dumbstruck at how people were still attending their games last season at the end.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Apparently the Avs a bunch of goons and Barrie is king goon. Should be a good one.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Its nice to finally see a somewhat consistent lineup. I hope Bernier does well. I feel very comfortable with Varly and that feeling goes way quick when I see Bernier starting.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Its nice to finally see a somewhat consistent lineup. I hope Bernier does well. I feel very comfortable with Varly and that feeling goes way quick when I see Bernier starting.
He played fine in jersey, the guys in front of him failed, i’ll Lose trust when he proves he deserves it

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Tyson Barrie:

logo.jpg

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Is a hyperextended knee something that's difficult to heal ?

Sucks to see him out of the line-up; he was really starting to take off on that line with Landy and Compher. Those two plays against the Bruins where he took a shot and then a few dozen seconds later made a beautiful pass to Compher were really fun to watch. He looks like he's going to turn out pretty decently :D.

If you're Aussie, and hyperextend your knee or elbow or whatever in a rugby league match, you'd better get needled up, and get back on the field within 10 minutes. To do otherwise is just plain soft.

Reactions: New Scotlander

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm glad it's nothing too serious with Jost but as I learned recently, a bone bruise isn't as simple and insignificant as it sounds. The fact that he came back and finished the game and was walking around fine at that charity/family event is a good sign though. Getting him back early next week seems like a very optimistic outlook from Bednar but hopefully it's not too long.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm glad it's nothing too serious with Jost but as I learned recently, a bone bruise isn't as simple and insignificant as it sounds. The fact that he came back and finished the game and was walking around fine at that charity/family event is a good sign though. Getting him back early next week seems like a very optimistic outlook from Bednar but hopefully it's not too long.

It looked quite nasty, I guess it helps to be young and flexible. I'm surprised he came back to finish the game.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
now that I saw Wagner, Berra and Beauchemin on their lineup, I'd like to remake my prediction about the score: Avs 12 - Ducks 1. reverse hat-trick for #32. Berra in after six goals. from them on, six shots, six goals. 0% save percentage.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Less than zero excuse not to win this one. The Ducks will be missing Getzlaf, Kesler, Lindholm, and Vantanen. They have to be able to beat a crippled lineup on home ice.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Has anybody seen yet a report on which scouts are at this game?

I really wish there would be a place where we could all go and see which scouts go to which game. I find that very interesting. The trends that can be seen from those report can be really good discussion starters.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Less than zero excuse not to win this one. The Ducks will be missing Getzlaf, Kesler, Lindholm, and Vantanen. They have to be able to beat a crippled lineup on home ice.

Damn it . Getzlaf also ?

I put my money on this going to Overtime...

I immediately regret my decision..

The next team facing us without their top 2 centers...

Weird coincidence...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Has anybody seen yet a report on which scouts are at this game?

I really wish there would be a place where we could all go and see which scouts go to which game. I find that very interesting. The trends that can be seen from those report can be really good discussion starters.

To be quite honest I'm not sure there's much we can read into it. I don't think GMs ever bought into the 'Duchene might be done' narrative as fans did. They know what player he is at this point...goodness knows they've all had 1-2 years to check the guy out. I feel a lot of the time scouts are just in the building because....that's their job, doing the rounds. Until management and the like start showing up, or you get a head scout+1-2 others with him, I don't pay much attention to scouts.

Weast

May 16, 2011
Does not look like Getzlaf is playing tonight
NJURY: #NHLDucks captain Ryan Getzlaf will miss tonight's game with a lower-body injury. He's day-to-day.

Don't know how to embed tweets

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Ducks fans are probably saying what we are in regards to Reto and Beauchamin about Bernier.
I'm pretty sure Ducks fans are still too caught up complaining about Barrie and Landy to care whose in net. Hilarious that a midget nonphysical defender like Barrie can get a goon rep.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
To be quite honest I'm not sure there's much we can read into it. I don't think GMs ever bought into the 'Duchene might be done' narrative as fans did. They know what player he is at this point...goodness knows they've all had 1-2 years to check the guy out. I feel a lot of the time scouts are just in the building because....that's their job, doing the rounds. Until management and the like start showing up, or you get a head scout+1-2 others with him, I don't pay much attention to scouts.
I wasn't specifically speaking about the Duchene situation. Although I agree with you regarding Duchene, it is always fun to see who is showing up and try to figure out who (players and team) could be involved in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad