GDT: Game 48: New York Rangers vs Vegas Golden Knights, 7pm ET (Game is on ESPN, and ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Yeah yeah. Would be nice if someone from that locker room pulled a Doughty or a Toews and actually called out his team. But who would that be?

Trouba did the helmet toss, but that card has already been used.

My money would be on Trochek because he’s an outsider and he’s a gritty guy and played for Rod the Bod who holds his players accountable

Reactions: LOFIN

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Still doesn’t answer my question how many cups has McDavid won? Again it’s a team game, this isn’t basketball. Tkachuk would be the toughest player if he was on this team but that isn’t saying much. He’s far from soft. He needs to pick his spots better but at least he plays with a pulse and he’s atop the league in hits. Yes I want tougher grittier 2 way players but it’s a moot point because they have no cap space to address that in season. Goodrow was supposed to address that but he sucks.
I didn't answer your question because it was dumb.

You compared a garbage player to a top 10 player in NHL history.

Tkachuk likes to throw useless hits to feel like a badass while the other team is behind him with the puck. Trouba at forward.

Matthew, an actual giant among men, bullied him as a child and it shows.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
My money would be on Trochek because he’s an outsider and he’s a gritty guy and played for Rod the Bod who holds his players accountable
I said in another thread as well that Trocheck would probably be the guy it should be. Even for him, what does he really know about winning? He hasn't won shit either. But the other options are non-existent so...

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Lines need a shake up, no doubt. With Chytil taking a set back, do they get outside help? But do we want to spend a 1st on a rental for another early playoff exit with this group? Drury really needs to be careful here.

This team lives or dies by their PP, and other teams are figuring them out.

This team's vision is so limited. People here have argued that the kids need quality PP time to help them grow, to get some points and some confidence and new ideas because that would help the team in the future. That idea was laughed down because the team needs to win, right? But now that the future is here we see the same old PP, same old everything and when that PP goes stale the team doesn't win and the kids haven't grown.

Everything management and coaches do is always the path of least resistance and least controversy - so we end up with a team matching those parameters.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
So tell me why the team quit? Gutless bunch leaving their struggling goalie out to dry. A good goalie can't pull this gutless bunch across to the finish line. We scored 3 goals against this team the last two games, you can't win like that no matter how your goalie plays. For them to stand around the outside of the house the whole 3rd tells me this core is rotten.

Bc its a classic case of “here we go again”
And just cascades.

Shesty literally is the worst goalie in the nhl in the month of january.

It takes a toll on the team. U start gripping sticks and playing tentatively like
“Cant make a mistake bc it will be a goal”.

Ao naturally, u make more mistakes.

Plust it is just demoralizing. Just like having a shitty boss or shitty colleague in the office.

Also yes the core is rotten. But thr goalie is awful. Both can be true.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Yeah yeah. Would be nice if someone from that locker room pulled a Doughty or a Toews and actually called out his team. But who would that be?

Trouba did the helmet toss, but that card has already been used.

Trouba needs to helmet toss himself. As for players too comfy getting their personal PP padded point per game without playing well - that's an issue some of us have pointed at for years.

Reactions: McRanger92

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I didn't answer your question because it was dumb.

You compared a garbage player to a top 10 player in NHL history.

Tkachuk likes to throw useless hits to feel like a badass while the other team is behind him with the puck. Trouba at forward.

Matthew, an actual giant among men, bullied him as a child and it shows.
So by that logic you’re proving my point that a top 10 player in league history hasn’t won a cup because hockey is a team game not a one man show. Got it thanks. I’m not comparing Tkachuk to McDavid, I’m simply showing how one player literally can’t do it all himself. Ottawa and Edmonton have both been dumpster fires for a long time, that’s what I’m comparing.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I know how Drury wanted to get traits that made the Rangers harder to play against so he drafts Cuylle Sykora Othmann Edstrom. Outside of Cuylle and maybe 1 or 2 players, these type of players don't exist on the Rangers. Drury just keeps making the Rangers soft, lazy and passive

Reactions: LaffyTaffy13

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
The order in which i want players traded

Kreider
Miller
Shesty
Zibs
Trouba

Trouba needs to helmet toss himself. As for players too comfy getting their personal PP padded point per game without playing well - that's an issue some of us have pointed at for years.
I would be happy if he tossed miller off this team.

Another soft idiot at oozes potential but will never reach it. Sorta like kreider. Trade hime while he has alot of value

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
People have talked about wanting to send a message that you have to perform and it doesn't matter who you are.

"Jonathan Quick is our starter right now" sends it loud and clear and makes the team better in the short-term.
Now that I can get behind. I just hope Igor doesn’t turn into emo Kakko

Reactions: RangersFan1994

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
I quit watching when they scored the third goal. I was going to check in here to see what happened. I looked at the box score and it told me exactly what happened. We had 38 shots on goal and Hill had a .947 save percentage. They had 19 shots on goal and Shesty had .789 save percentage. That has been the issued. Virtually every game we lost is because Shesty is playing at an ECHL level if that. Maybe a high school level. Quick has to take over as #1 until Shesty figures it out.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I know how Drury wanted to get traits that made the Rangers harder to play against so he drafts Cuylle Sykora Othmann Edstrom. Outside of Cuylle and maybe 1 or 2 players, these type of players don't exist on the Rangers. Drury just keeps making the Rangers soft, lazy and passive
I imagine Edstrom would be up if he weren't injured. If Othman and Sykora were ready they would be up too.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So by that logic you’re proving my point that a top 10 player in league history hasn’t won a cup because hockey is a team game not a one man show. Got it thanks. I’m not comparing Tkachuk to McDavid, I’m simply showing how one player literally can’t do it all himself. Ottawa and Edmonton have both been dumpster fires for a long time, that’s what I’m comparing.
Nobody made that point. At least I certainly didn't. You're arguing with yourself.

I don't think Tkachuk is bad because the Senators are bad (although he doesn't f***ing help!) I think he's bad because he's fake grit.

There's nothing I hate more than fake grit. Imagine how much of a beta ass child you have to be to put that much effort into acting tough and no effort into defense.

I'm tired of fake grit. It gets us nothing but bad players. Like I said, come up with better suggestions.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
People have talked about wanting to send a message that you have to perform and it doesn't matter who you are.

"Jonathan Quick is our starter right now" sends it loud and clear and makes the team better in the short-term.

"Even after losing his last five starts and as the team can't score consistently, and our bottom 6 might as well be beer league, Jonathan Quick is our starter right now."

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
"Even after losing his last five starts and as the team can't score consistently, and our bottom 6 might as well be beer league, Jonathan Quick is our starter right now."

What part of worst save percentage in the entire league for january do u not understand. These are the facts. WORST IN THE LEAGUE!

A cardboard cutout might be better. Quick definitely has been better

I feel this Gm is on his last coach. IMO
Too bad sather isnt on his last gm

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I never said it was turning the ship around, but if people want accountability, it's an obvious call.

I think you do this when the team is scoring, leading games, and the goalie is letting you down. You put Quick out there to get massacred by this middling offense and defense while changing nothing else, Lavi might as well kiss his ass goodbye.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Shesterkin gave up 4 goals on only 15 shots tonight, a game after giving up 3 goals on 18 shots with only 2 of the 7 goals not being bad goals. This team needs at least average NHL goaltending to win. They aren't good enough to overcome the bad goals that are being given up. He needs to take a seat for a few games. It's an absolute joke that he is in the ASG since he has been bad for most of this year.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I think you do this when the team is scoring, leading games, and the goalie is letting you down. You put Quick out there to get massacred by this middling offense and defense while changing nothing else, Lavi might as well kiss his ass goodbye.
Ut shesty is letting us down. Every game at least one bad goal. Every god damn game.

Again worst save % in the entire league for the month of january.

If not now then when? U literally can not play worse as a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad