GDT: Game 48: New York Rangers vs Vegas Golden Knights, 7pm ET (Game is on ESPN, and ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Shesterkin isn't the problem right now, sure he's not himself but this team is a poor mans gents league team. No fight, no pride, just a bunch of guys collecting a paycheck they shouldn't be getting. Any other team would rally around their struggling goalie, this team wouldn't stick up for their sister in a meat market.
I'm not sure I agree.

I'm with @Kovalev27 here. The two GA's that he gave up in under a minute in the 2nd period completely deflated this team. It was a contested game before that. How can they play like you want when the goalie can't make a save? Tonight wasn't the first time either.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can Brady play goalie too? Hockey is a team game, one player can’t make all the difference in the world. How many cups has McDavid won? And that’s with another top 5 forward on his team.
McDavid is good. Tkachuk isn't.

Tkachuk doesn't excel at anything except the "P" column on his personal stat sheet.

He's a selfish, floaty player who only wants to score and act alpha after the whistle blows.

He's soft.

You want grit? Fine, let's talk about it. Suggest somebody who isn't soft.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Shesterkin isn't the problem right now, sure he's not himself but this team is a poor mans gents league team. No fight, no pride, just a bunch of guys collecting a paycheck they shouldn't be getting. Any other team would rally around their struggling goalie, this team wouldn't stick up for their sister in a meat market.
Very few teams can win with bad goaltending and make no mistake the Rangers are getting bad goaltending from Shesty more often than not for he last 2 months.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I love what Cuylle brings but he's always on lines that won't score.

Vesey is f***ing Wayne Gretzky at even strength and he plays 30 seconds a game.

The stars play with the stars and the grinders play with the grinders.

It creates lack of offense, wanky bullshit, and unbalance in the lineup.

You can't blame Laviolette because that's the culture since Gorton took over.

As others have mentioned, I like some of the stiff players we have in the pipeline but I fear they'll be on the 3rd and 4th lines forever.
Yea Cuylle has a big shot that’s pretty accurate but he’s always playing with guys that aren’t looking to facilitate him using it, there’s some kind of weird heirarchy within this team where these guys don’t play with those guys and it’s extremely limiting not to mention annoying

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
They’re lucky tomorrow isn’t a home game because they’ll lose again and I could see fans at the Garden losing it at that point and start throwing shit at them.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I love what Cuylle brings but he's always on lines that won't score.

Vesey is f***ing Wayne Gretzky at even strength and he plays 30 seconds a game.

The stars play with the stars and the grinders play with the grinders.

It creates lack of offense, wanky bullshit, and unbalance in the lineup.

You can't blame Laviolette because that's the culture since Gorton took over.

As others have mentioned, I like some of the stiff players we have in the pipeline but I fear they'll be on the 3rd and 4th lines forever.

Who is responsible for the culture then? Isn't this exactly the vision Drury had when he said everybody would have clearly defined roles from day one?

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Kreider is the last player of the big money group I'm trading, by the way. Put him with Trochek and his 5 v 5 numbers will go right back to where they were 2 years ago when he was one of the best 5 v 5 players in the league.
He is the dirst player i trade.

He is the king of the country club atmosphere. The last remaining of the original country club atmosphere.

He is good at one thing. Tipping pucks. That is it. When he doesnt do that he sucks and takes off games weeks at a time.

he is one of, if not my most, hated player to put on a rangers jersey that was good. f*** him.

He also would probably fetch the most ina. Trade bc he costs the least, and has the least term left.

Also we have a ton of Left wings so he can easily be replaced internally.

Who is responsible for the culture then? Isn't this exactly the vision Drury had when he said everybody would have clearly defined roles from day one?
Kreider. That is who. He has been here throughout all the country club shit. He is the last remnant of the old country club.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
McDavid is good. Tkachuk isn't.

Tkachuk doesn't excel at anything except the "P" column on his personal stat sheet.

He's a selfish, floaty player who only wants to score and act alpha after the whistle blows.

He's soft.

You want grit? Fine, let's talk about it. Suggest somebody who isn't soft.
Still doesn’t answer my question how many cups has McDavid won? Again it’s a team game, this isn’t basketball. Tkachuk would be the toughest player if he was on this team but that isn’t saying much. He’s far from soft. He needs to pick his spots better but at least he plays with a pulse and he’s atop the league in hits. Yes I want tougher grittier 2 way players but it’s a moot point because they have no cap space to address that in season. Goodrow was supposed to address that but he sucks.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm not sure I agree.

I'm with @Kovalev27 here. The two GA's that he gave up in under a minute in the 2nd period completely deflated this team. It was a contested game before that. How can they play like you want when the goalie can't make a save? Tonight wasn't the first time either.
Deflated? It shouldn't be a thing, it's not like they were up 5-1 and he gave up 4. They are struggling to score, the most passive team I've ever watched, all perimeter, no net drive and if what you are saying is true the most fragile group in the league. So what they scored a couple goals, ton of time left, nut up.and score some goals. No quit in NY is only when the goalie is a star I guess

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The only defined roles on this team are AHL level players, playing AHL style games.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Deflated? It shouldn't be a thing, it's not like they were up 5-1 and he gave up 4. They are struggling to score, the most passive team I've ever watched, all perimeter, no net drive and if what you are saying is true the most fragile group in the league. So what they scored a couple goals, ton of time left, nut up.and score some goals. No quit in NY is only when the goalie is a star I guess

The first three goalies he let up were all shit.

Team quit after that. We controlled play and he killed us. Ride quick at this point. Im done with him.

Another person to try to trade in the offseason.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agree. But the reluctance to break up CK-Mika is a fukking disgrace

Lines need a shake up, no doubt. With Chytil taking a set back, do they get outside help? But do we want to spend a 1st on a rental for another early playoff exit with this group? Drury really needs to be careful here.

This team lives or dies by their PP, and other teams are figuring them out.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013

So deflated that they consistently put 30+ weak ass shots on net game after game.

If going down by two goals with more than half a game left to go deflates you, then you shouldn't be a f***ing NHL team.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
So deflated that they consistently put 30+ weak ass shots on net game after game.

If going down by two goals with more than half a game left to go deflates you, then you shouldn't be a f***ing NHL team.
If shesty was in vegases net we would have scored 10.

Hill played great and didnt let up any shitty goals.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Lines need a shake up, no doubt. With Chytil taking a set back, do they get outside help? But do we want to spend a 1st on a rental for another early playoff exit with this group? Drury really needs to be careful here.

Stop making sense, Leo - this is a hockey forum FFS!
;)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes, and thats why I don't want them trading guys like Edstrom, Othmann, Berard, Sykora, Perrault because they can play that game.
I see in them exactly what I like, especially Perreault.

My favorite Rangers line ever is Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello.

All three were extremely skilled but all three were also demons on the ice.

Despite what people think, I'm not against grit.

I just don't think it's pointless hits, shoving, yelling, shot blocking, or most of all, visually obvious hustle. Most players who visually hustle are bad at skating, positioning, or both.

Grit is going through the play instead of reaching, moving your feet, pace, puck support, not being afraid to shoot, and the commitment to do what's needed instead of doing what makes you look cool.

Those three had it. Cuylle and Vesey have it, that's why I like Vesey so much, but they're not used with our scorers.

Adam Fox has it. He could score more points skating around but he commis to defense first and throws his ass in there despite being 5 foot nothing. His box-outs accomplish more than ten of Trouba's out-of-position hits. There's your man that "emerged" as captain and they big brained it.

We're not devoid of it, but there's no balance in the lineup, and the biggest culprit of being soft (93) just isn't talented enough to make up for it.

And two of your other centers are Brodzinski who's a 13F, and Goodrow who's fake shove and yell grit and doesn't do a goddamned thing.

Center is a massive hole on this team.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013

Lines needed a shake-up before Xmas last year if you ask me.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The first three goalies he let up were all shit.

Team quit after that. We controlled play and he killed us. Ride quick at this point. Im done with him.

Another person to try to trade in the offseason.
So tell me why the team quit? Gutless bunch leaving their struggling goalie out to dry. A good goalie can't pull this gutless bunch across to the finish line. We scored 3 goals against this team the last two games, you can't win like that no matter how your goalie plays. For them to stand around the outside of the house the whole 3rd tells me this core is rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad