GDT: Game 48: New York Rangers vs Vegas Golden Knights, 7pm ET (Game is on ESPN, and ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider with Trocheck (or another center they acquire between now and 2/5) needs to be tried before anything happens. Kreider being the easiest to trade is the ultimate factor. Just like we judge guys based on how much they are paid, you have to be realpolitick with the no trade situation too. Trouba is in a similar boat but we’re taking a leap saying he actually has value. I personally would trade both because they are the 2 biggest leaders and they’ve wilted through adversity post rebuild far too much for my liking.
I don't know if I can live through a timeline where we move Kreider and get stuck with Zibanejad.

Valiquette ain't making it, that's for sure. He's jumping. We'll have like 4 high danger chances the whole season.

I'll say this, if you really wanted to do it just to blow up what exists, there has to be a plan. You don't move a player like Kreider and say "ah well, promote Cuylle." If we did something like that, I'd like to use the money to swing the next big fish a la Eichel/M.Tkachuk.

We should have done that for them and sent Zibanejad packing, but here we are.

Trouba, I'd trade for a strawberry yogurt.

Am I crazy or is Fox wearing one of our 9 A's the most? Why didn't they just give it to him?

I believe Trouba is a good guy and he cares but in most cases, your captain should be the guy carrying the flag. That's absolutely Adam Fox.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't know if I can live through a timeline where we move Kreider and get stuck with Zibanejad.

Valiquette ain't making it, that's for sure. He's jumping. We'll have like 4 high danger chances the whole season.

I'll say this, if you really wanted to do it just to blow up what exists, there has to be a plan. You don't move a player like Kreider and say "ah well, promote Cuylle." If we did something like that, I'd like to use the money to swing the next big fish a la Eichel/M.Tkachuk.

Am I crazy or is Fox wearing one of our 9 A's the most? Why didn't they just give it to him?

I believe Trouba is a good guy and he cares but in most cases, your captain should be the guy carrying the flag. That's absolutely Adam Fox.

Totally agree on Fox. Look how Vancouver reacted when they gave Quinn Hughes the C. And if you deal Kreider, maybe it expedites the exit of Zibanejad. Copium probably. Trouba is addition by subtraction with 8 mill to spend

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Confused as to why people are proposing moves involving players with NMC.

Reminder players actively try to get IN to NY and not OUT.

They know, this is the place where they get treated like kings.

D.O.A.

RE: Kreider & Goodrow M-NTC: technically possible to move, however, extremly unlikely. When was the last time a 7M player was moved in the NHL? It doesn't happen anymore. Economics of the league have changed.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Just wondering does anyone here have any experience with requesting ticket refunds from MSG? My fiancee was kicked out of the game tonight not ten minutes into the first period, for something she didn’t even do

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

I really don’t know what they could do, this organization is at a tremendous crossroads at the moment and we could be headed for some long years if they don’t get out ahead of it. The obvious moves are not going to be easy to make or downright impossible and the difficult moves to shake things up would probably crater them for the foreseeable future. This could have been avoided with some shrewd decisions that took some foresight. As much as I am thinking a retool is necessary I don’t see it in the cards but that’s the only way I could see them convincing a guy like Zibanejad to waive his clause.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
Care to elaborate?
The incident took place in the ladies room so I wasn’t there (obviously) but from what my wife said someone was smoking black n milds in one of the stalls and she was wrongfully accused. We’re not sure if it was the bathroom attendant or another patron that reported her.

In any event security was called and yes they found a half smoked black and mild in her purse, but that’sbecause she smoked half outside earlier and was saving the rest for after the game. They hadno evidence that she was the one smoking And yet they stilll kicked her out.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The incident took place in the ladies room so I wasn’t there (obviously) but from what my wife said someone was smoking black n milds in one of the stalls and she was wrongfully accused. We’re not sure if it was the bathroom attendant or another patron that reported her.

In any event security was called and yes they found a half smoked black and mild in her purse, but that’sbecause she smoked half outside earlier and was saving the rest for after the game. They hadno evidence that she was the one smoking And yet they stilll kicked her out.
Not a lot you can do here. Even if your wife was not responsible, MSG can still kick her out for any reason without a refund.

However, today I learned that it is possible to smoke part of a cigarette and save the rest for later. I didn't know that.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
2GUP9v6a.gif

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
Not a lot you can do here. Even if your wife was not responsible, MSG can still kick her out for any reason without a refund.

However, today I learned that it is possible to smoke part of a cigarette and save the rest for later. I didn't know that.
Just to clarify - my fiancee is the one who was kicked out, my wife was also there and is the one who told m e about it (long story, not really relevant to the situation)

Reactions: leetch99

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

So, you've never been poor. It's not fun :laugh:

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
But why is it Kim Jong Un?
Because we need a dictator to start rounding these Rangers up

Just to clarify - my fiancee is the one who was kicked out, my wife was also there and is the one who told m e about it (long story, not really relevant to the situation)
Wait, what? You have a fiancée AND a wife? Are you a Mormon sir?

Slaydagnar

Oct 18, 2015
Vero Beach, FL
Cuylle is great. He'll do anything asked of him.

Sorry, I just don't think Tkachuk is a committed player, and I think what he shows is an act.

While I disagree with your perception of him, I don't think you're wrong for wanting the type of player you believe him to be.

We need an identity, we need commitment, we need versatility, and I think still a little more talent.

That last one takes patience, timing, and luck but we can start on the others right now by deciding what we're trying to be.

And yes, play Cuylle more. He's the kind of grit I like and deserves a real look playing with scorers. He's had glimpses and usually very successful ones, and we keep going back on it the next
Your Brady Tkachuk take is garbage and wrong
Stop repeating yourself

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I really don’t know what they could do, this organization is at a tremendous crossroads at the moment and we could be headed for some long years if they don’t get out ahead of it. The obvious moves are not going to be easy to make or downright impossible and the difficult moves to shake things up would probably crater them for the foreseeable future. This could have been avoided with some shrewd decisions that took some foresight. As much as I am thinking a retool is necessary I don’t see it in the cards but that’s the only way I could see them convincing a guy like Zibanejad to waive his clause.
Guys will move if they are not wanted even with NMC's . We might have to eat 1-2 million on Zib deal and we can debate on Kreider whether a return on him is worth moving him as the progress of Cuylee and the emergence of Othmann will play a part....so maybe the following year is best for him...depending again on the offer and the value of a first rounder or bright young prospect . Then we package the picks for a C to somebody ? Plus Trouba needs to be moved at some point . It is a risk....albeit a small one I think .....maybe one year of real pain . In the end though we will be a competitive club with some decent young kids and maybe we catch lightening in a bottle on a pick. Keep in mind that Kreider and Mika had 18 goals at even strength up to last night and Vesey and Cuylee had 17 !!!! Laff and Kakko/Trocheck and Panarin will suffice on a PP in near future and our 5 on 5 will be harder to play against . Change the core . I see us a a Widcard club soon enough . The team is rotten to the core .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

They did ya's both a favor.....Rangers sucked again . But yeah....that would suck .

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
This team has lost all accountability. #1 problem by a mile. Other than younger players, no one has gotten benched since AV.

You want Mika to start cutting into the slot? Pair him with the Brod for a game.

You want to see some hustle? Start rewarding good shifts. As others have said, Vesey and Cuylle do what this team is missing and play 3 mins. Move them up or play their line more.

Make a statement. "We're gonna run with Quickie for a little while while Igor figures it out" "We decided Mika needs a night off to find his game" "Troubs is a little banged up right now, we're gonna cut his icetime a little"

We've let the inmates run the asylum for 3 coaches now. Put your foot down. Reestablish control of this team. Anyone who doesn't like it, is either getting moved or if we can't move you you'll get benched. You guys remember Gaborik? Same thing can happen with Mika.

It pisses me off to hear Mika talk about bounces. You played one good period and gave up after a couple bad goals. It's not bounces, you guys don't want it enough right now. You can't just turn a switch on in this league and decide when to be good or bad. They tried that last year and got the result they deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino