GDT: Game 48: New York Rangers vs Vegas Golden Knights, 7pm ET (Game is on ESPN, and ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Bonino on waivers?

Sam and Joe were raving about all he brought to game last pre- game Rangers propaganda.

I wonder what happened. I’m going to miss all those intangibles.

Pretty sure MSG state media tracks who the fans are complaining about because during one of the recent intros they were singing the praises of Zibanejad and "all the things he does well"

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Looks like it's on regular ESPN not Plus.
2024-01-26 13_26_53-NHL Schedule - 2023-24 Season - ESPN — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Reactions: TheDirtyH

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Looks like it's on regular ESPN not Plus.
View attachment 810885

NHL/ESPN have this in the schedule for multiple games/teams throughout this season. The game live is only available on espn with a cable subscription. You can stream it on the "ESPN+" app if you a logged in via your cable provider.

If you don't have cable, your only legal option to watch the game is to wait until it's over and it will be archived on ESPN+ (within an hour after completion). Sucks but it's ESPNs way of throwing a bone to the cable providers.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Show must go on but this Chytil news is all I am thinking about. This is a backbreaker. A M*a Khaleefa style backbreaker. No weight on knee? Concussion issues already? Drury, pony up for Bjugstad or send 1st and 2nd for Lindholm.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Show must go on but this Chytil news is all I am thinking about. This is a backbreaker. A M*a Khaleefa style backbreaker. No weight on knee? Concussion issues already? Drury, pony up for Bjugstad or send 1st and 2nd for Lindholm.
jfc. I'd not even checked the Fil thread until seeing this.

Emily rushed to his side, I'm sure.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gus-Fox looked good in a tiny sample and it actually makes sense to me.

People balk at pairs like that and Miller-Fox because they see Fox as an offensive defenseman. He's not. He's a shutdown defenseman who happens to be a PPG player, which is very unique and valuable.

His passing is obviously excellent but he doesn't stretch the ice like a Keith Yandle or a Tony DeAngelo. He's not a very good skater. Nothing about him screams "PMD." He's world class in both zones with his transition offense being good enough.

A guy who excels at transition offense and maybe needs a bit of help at in-zone defense is a perfect partner. Lindgren, who sucks at transition offense, is not.

Lindgren-Fox is basically an old school defense-offense pair and it's not something that actually fits Fox's game. Looking at defenseman as defense or offense is bad evaluation.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well that's a rather specific view of what constitutes an offensive defenseman.

Sometimes puck movers like Jay Bouwmeester score less than a guy like Sergei Zubov who generates much of his offense from the blue-line inwards

But if the point is that Gus works because Fox isn't out of position jumping all over the ice all the time then I agree with the sentiment.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Gus-Fox looked good in a tiny sample and it actually makes sense to me.

People balk at pairs like that and Miller-Fox because they see Fox as an offensive defenseman. He's not. He's a shutdown defenseman who happens to be a PPG player, which is very unique and valuable.

His passing is obviously excellent but he doesn't stretch the ice like a Keith Yandle or a Tony DeAngelo. He's not a very good skater. Nothing about him screams "PMD." He's world class in both zones with his transition offense being good enough.

A guy who excels at transition offense and maybe needs a bit of help at in-zone defense is a perfect partner. Lindgren, who sucks at transition offense, is not.

Lindgren-Fox is basically an old school defense-offense pair and it's not something that actually fits Fox's game. Looking at defenseman as defense or offense is bad evaluation.
Yea I’ve always said this, it’s hilarious listening to other teams broadcasts who know nothing about the rangers or youtubers, commentators, etc always describing Fox as a “speedy offensive dman” I’d say he’s better defensively than offensively

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yea I’ve always said this, it’s hilarious listening to other teams broadcasts who know nothing about the rangers or youtubers, commentators, etc always describing Fox as a “speedy offensive dman” I’d say he’s better defensively than offensively
Nah he’s better offensively , even though he’s good defensively . His offensive impacts are off the charts . He just doesn’t have the dynamism

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad