GDT: Game 47: New York Rangers @ San Jose Sharks , 10:30pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5446.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

IMG_5439.jpeg

New York Rangers @ San Jose Sharks
10:30pm ET, MSG
IMG_5444.gif
IMG_5448.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5441.gif

Sharks Projected Line up

Filip Zadina -- Tomas Hertl -- Fabian Zetterlund
Alexander Barabanov -- Logan Couture -- Anthony Duclair
Luke Kunin -- Nico Sturm -- William Eklund
Justin Bailey -- Ryan Carpenter -- Mike Hoffman

Marc-Edouard Vlasic -- Calen Addison
Henry Thrun -- Jan Rutta
Nikita Okhotiuk -- Kyle Burroughs

Mackenzie Blackwood
Kaapo Kahkonen

Scratched: Kevin Labanc

Injured: Matt Benning (hip), Givani Smith (lower body), Jacob MacDonald (lower body), Ty Emberson (undisclosed), Mikael Granlund (undisclosed), Mario Ferraro (lower body)

IMG_5449.gif

Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Kaapo Kakko
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Jonny Brodzinski -- Blake Wheeler
Barclay Goodrow -- Nick Bonino -- Jimmy Vesey

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Erik Gustafsson -- Braden Schneider

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Tyler Pitlick, Zac Jones
Injured: (lower body), Filip Chytil (upper body)

IMG_5443.gif

IMG_5338.gif

IMG_5324.gif

IMG_4629.jpeg

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
How the hell are we still 8th on the PK? It seems like we allow at least one goal on the PP every game with the exception of last game.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Fans are overly negative and don’t realize how solid the team actually is—even if they aren’t a top contender at the moment.
Eh... I think the Rangers came out with a new look to begin the season. They had some new set plays, some new neutral zone strategies and most importantly... They had some structure.

For some dumb reason, most of the bad habits have worked their way back onto the ice in 2024. The thing that concerns me is that there doesn't seem to be any accountability when players start reverting to these bad habits. The only players that seems to get punished for this stuff is Kakko and Jones (deserved or undeserved).

So mix in the two factors of reverting to last year's no structure play style and other teams now having the book on our players and strategies (Even the ducks' coach talked about how they had our PP up on the game board and what to focus on) and you get a drop in wins.

This is what concerns me. Is their current roster and play style capable of winning in the playoffs? I think we already know the answer to that.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I hope they keep the reworked lines only put Kakko up, hopefully he got the message, he needs to be better even if i don't agree with them only handing punishment to him.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I hope they keep the reworked lines only put Kakko up, hopefully he got the message, he needs to be better even if i don't agree with them only handing punishment to him.
When multiple coaches "punish" the same player, it seems the problem more likely is the player.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
When multiple coaches "punish" the same player, it seems the problem more likely is the player.
Are you saying Kakko was punished vs the Ducks? The team needed offense down 2-0. Coaches think Kakko at this point is a defensive forward. He has what, 5 points on the year? Same with Lindgren. Was he punished when they moved Gus up? Interesting that when it got to 3-2 Rangers, Kakko was back to top line and Lindgren was with Fox and Gus didn't play from the time we went ahead until it was 5-2. It was game dictated situational moves.

Reactions: kovazub94

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Are you saying Kakko was punished vs the Ducks? The team needed offense down 2-0. Coaches think Kakko at this point is a defensive forward. He has what, 5 points on the year? Same with Lindgren. Was he punished when they moved Gus up? Interesting that when it got to 3-2 Rangers, Kakko was back to top line and Lindgren was with Fox and Gus didn't play from the time we went ahead until it was 5-2. It was game dictated situational moves.

The Kakko defenders think he was punished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille