Long Beach, Ca
Groulx serving popcorn next game.
He can get me some popcorn right now:

SsZ8pbG.gif

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
People wanted a fight or for someone to go after the player that hit Leason. Also, I disagree with the bolded. This team isn't capable of "making them pay on the scoreboard" so we have to find other ways to stick it to 'em.
That's not hockey, that's UFC on ice. If the team isn't capable of making them pay on the scoreboard, they need to get better at it. Because taking dumb penalties just to "stick it to 'em" is pointless, literally and figuratively.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
But people were upset that no one "stood up for" Leason after he got checked. Isn't that what Groulx was doing?

I'm all for playing physically to separate guys from pucks and establish position. But mindless revenge is stupid.
You challenge the guy who hit leason, if not you just cross check him once get in close and just drop the gloves. I didn’t notice grouxl took the penalty against the guy who laid leason out. I apologize to him. He still sucks, and he’s still being waived though

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Its cute that Stamkos thinks were going to get some Powerplays in the 3rd

"usually when a team has a few more powerplays, it evens out over the game"

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
That's not hockey, that's UFC on ice. If the team isn't capable of making them pay on the scoreboard, they need to get better at it. Because taking dumb penalties just to "stick it to 'em" is pointless, literally and figuratively.
If you think sending a message or standing up for team mates is dumb then we have nothing more to talk about it

Reactions: Dirk316
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad