GDT: Game 42: Anaheim Ducks @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 4pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Like others have said, just a slog to watch.

No Carlsson, Mintyukov, Drysdale, or Zegras. Terry seems to be sleepwalking through this season for any multitude of reasons (lineup inconsistency, fatherhood, pressure with the new contract, whatever else). Killorn's an empty sweater most nights, and MacT looks like he's lost a step since the injury and is still rebuilding strength.

This is basically an AHL roster at this point, and will be even worse after the TDL once Henrique and whoever else get moved.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
i can't think of any reason to keep watching this season. vets on the team don't really bring anything to the table anymore, the youth are either injured, playing injured, not being able to capitalize on chances, or their vet linemates can't capitalize. it's insane that somehow last season was even more watchable than this mess

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1705210562981.png

• Haha
Reactions: Arthuros

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
On the plus side, I’d rather have “we look like complete garbage because everybody important on our team is injured” over “we look like complete garbage because everybody important on our team is bad or underperforming”

This is the only mindset I can have to stay positive. The Ducks were always going to to struggle this season but he injuries to the young players has just been overwhelming. The future is clear and it looks awesome but man is it a slog getting there.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Another pathetic display of special teams. Just awful.

Terry and McTavish really need to wake up, especially Terry. Really disappointed in how they played today. Unacceptable game by a pair of players that are meant to be part of this team core and have a ton of skill and potential. Henrique, Killorn and Fowler are lost causes at this point but I still have a lot of hope for Terry and McTavish to perform to their capabilities.

Good to see Carrick and Johnston engaged and looking for revenge (though would've liked to have seen them actually put the kid down). Hopefully it rubs off on the rest of the team.

Hagg is beyond useless, Its no wonder the Gulls are winning now that hes gone. Might as well put a Drysdale bobblehead back there, you'll get the same results.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
There is always the pessimist view that we wouldnt be any better if everyone was healthy and injuries are just a warm towel making us think we arent this bad

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He's better than nothing, but he's been pretty bleh. At least Des hit hard and had an angry edge. He was also decent on the PK... but we got Carrick for that now, I guess.
I hope "better than nothing" isnt what were aiming for

Reactions: snowave

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Of course the team is bad. No Carlsson, Zegras, Drysdale, Gauthier, and Mintyukov as well as an underperforming Terry and and injured McTavish. What team could miss two everyday defensemen and 3-4 top 6 forwards and expect to win?

The Ducks never had the depth. Every player is either playing more minutes than they should or on lines they shouldn't be on due to this. Throw in a new coach and a new system with a GM not interested in winning this season and it's clear this was inevitable. It's boring because everyone fun is injured. That will change at some point.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Of course the team is bad. No Carlsson, Zegras, Drysdale, Gauthier, and Mintyukov as well as an underperforming Terry and and injured McTavish. What team could miss two everyday defensemen and 3-4 top 6 forwards and expect to win?

The Ducks never had the depth. Every player is either playing more minutes than they should or on lines they shouldn't be on due to this. Throw in a new coach and a new system with a GM not interested in winning this season and it's clear this was inevitable. It's boring because everyone fun is injured. That will change at some point.
This sums it up; It’s really that simple

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

100%

hopefully that point is relatively soon.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

while i agree, i think it's funny you included Gauthier; a guy who doesn't even have a NHL contract. the absolute lack of being able to draft and develop depth players has been a huge issue for the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad