GDT: Game 42: Anaheim Ducks @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 4pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Well... damn. I see our PK unit is on the back of a milk carton. I missed the 3rd pp goal, but I thought I heard yet another bad rebound by Dostal?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
To crosscheck one player too many times and take a penalty resulting in a goal against? No, we want to play them rough the rest of the night. You want soft stuff, watch soccer
you can play rough without taking a blatant bad penalty right after scoring. i want to a see winning mentality with this team, not a "well if we're gonna lose might as well take cheap shots all night"

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
To crosscheck one player too many times and take a penalty resulting in a goal against? No, we want to play them rough the rest of the night. You want soft stuff, watch soccer
But people were upset that no one "stood up for" Leason after he got checked. Isn't that what Groulx was doing?

I'm all for playing physically to separate guys from pucks and establish position. But mindless revenge is stupid.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
But people were upset that no one "stood up for" Leason after he got checked. Isn't that what Groulx was doing?

I'm all for playing physically to separate guys from pucks and establish position. But mindless revenge is stupid.

People wanted a fight or for someone to go after the player that hit Leason. Also, I disagree with the bolded. This team isn't capable of "making them pay on the scoreboard" so we have to find other ways to stick it to 'em.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
you can play rough without taking a blatant bad penalty right after scoring. i want to a see winning mentality with this team, not a "well if we're gonna lose might as well take cheap shots all night"

I don't even know if the crosscheck was connected to anything, Groulx isn't known for intelligent play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad