GDT: Game 4: Nashville Predators @ Anaheim Ducks | 7:30 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I am glad we agree.......? :shakehead
You see his numbers, hear the sob story, and assume its true. Hence, Ryan benefits from the narrative.

In reality he's a streaky scorer who does not contribute when he's not scoring. Season to season he gets his 30 and people think it's not a problem. You can blame his lack of production on Selanne, but its not Selanne keeping Ryan off the top line. Its the coaches. Two different ones. I wonder why that is?

Ryan unquestionably would get more scoring chances with more ice time. Your mistake, and the mistake of most of those who don't spend a lot of time watching him play, but who have fallen in love with his highlight reel, is assuming that more chances would mean more scoring. Ryan doesn't score as a linear function of his chances. There's a lot of times when he's just baggage. More opportunities to score is also more opportunities to be a passenger.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Is the game at 7 or 7:30 your time? Our schedule says 9:30 here but the thread says 7 PST. Since it's in Anaheim I was just checking.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
NHL has it at 730 local. Which is a little out of the ordinary, but not impossible.
Alright. Yeah if memory serves me right from when I used to live out there and watch on TV, the Ducks home games were usually a 7pm start, which is the same as here. If someone told me one of our home games was at 730 I would be confused as well. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Alright. Yeah if memory serves me right from when I used to live out there and watch on TV, the Ducks home games were usually a 7pm start, which is the same as here. If someone told me one of our home games was at 730 I would be confused as well. Thanks.
Pre-Burke our games were always 7:30 starts, but he wanted them to start a bit earlier, I think maybe to get them a little more eastern exposure. I don't think it worked.

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
I come in peace.

I noticed Ryan played only 13min and 0 PP min last game. Did he do something to get so little time? Will he again see 13 min tonight? Any chances the Ducks finally tap Ryan's potential in the next decade? Ryan is a hell of a player and it seems like he hasnt been able to reach his true potential in Anaheim behind Selanne despite already being plenty of years into his career. I remember last year thinking when trade rumors floated about Ryan.... "will the ducks truly trade him without seriously experiencing the true fullest potential of Ryan"?

Do you guys think it would be prudent, if the ducks look to be out of the playoff run later this year, to trade Selanne to a contender? Thus getting some pieces for the future and giving Ryan the full shot at top PP and EV minutes?

We got four forwards that compete for 3 1st PP spots, somebody has to sit. Unless we try something like
Perry-Getzlaf-Selanne
Ryan-Souray
with Getzlaf rotating back to act as a Dman after taking the face off and Ryan moving up.

When Bobby isn't playing with Getzlaf and Perry he's never really had suitable line mates.

Is the game at 7 or 7:30 your time? Our schedule says 9:30 here but the thread says 7 PST. Since it's in Anaheim I was just checking.

7:30, we usually get a few games a season that get pushed back half an hour.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Good luck tonight. Should be an interesting one. In the past, Weber-Suter have shut down the big 3, but Teemu has gone crazy on us. Without Suter, I'm curious to see how this goes.

Is it weird I'm more scared of Teemu than any of RPG?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Pre-Burke our games were always 7:30 starts, but he wanted them to start a bit earlier, I think maybe to get them a little more eastern exposure. I don't think it worked.

Oh okay, this was within the last few years so, post-Burke. And as far as the eastern exposure, I think that's a lost cause. East coasters tend to care about nothing outside of the Eastern time zone. Oh well.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I wanted to point out (since it got buried in the last GDT - why the hell are our GDTs so big now?): Getzlaf has been nails on faceoffs so far. His worst effort was 55%. If he can add that element to his game permanently it would really make a huge difference.

Stormrider451

Feb 1, 2009
Puerto Rico
www.avalanchedb.com
You see his numbers, hear the sob story, and assume its true. Hence, Ryan benefits from the narrative.

In reality he's a streaky scorer who does not contribute when he's not scoring. Season to season he gets his 30 and people think it's not a problem. You can blame his lack of production on Selanne, but its not Selanne keeping Ryan off the top line. Its the coaches. Two different ones. I wonder why that is?

Ryan unquestionably would get more scoring chances with more ice time. Your mistake, and the mistake of most of those who don't spend a lot of time watching him play, but who have fallen in love with his highlight reel, is assuming that more chances would mean more scoring. Ryan doesn't score as a linear function of his chances. There's a lot of times when he's just baggage. More opportunities to score is also more opportunities to be a passenger.

Ive watched him play plenty year after year. Ive had him as a keeper for 4 years now and constantly follow him and look forward to Anaheim games because of him. Again, I cant wait until he gets his real chance, whether it is with Anaheim or not, so he can show the world what he can truly be.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
They do season ticket holder surveys every year and apparently there are a lot of parents who want early start times for their children's sake, at least that's what I've been told by my reps over the years.

For tonight, there's apparently some monster truck rally at Angel's Stadium at 7pm, so they're expecting massive traffic and crowds.

getzforfighting*

hoping for fasth to have a big one, hillsy needs to be pushed more to hold that number 1 spot. never really had a challenge since jiggy left

Ducksgo*

They do season ticket holder surveys every year and apparently there are a lot of parents who want early start times for their children's sake, at least that's what I've been told by my reps over the years.

For tonight, there's apparently some monster truck rally at Angel's Stadium at 7pm, so they're expecting massive traffic and crowds.

Yah no free parking at Angels stadium tonight. Fing sucks :( gotta pay for parking or park at hooters and walk.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Sbisa needs to be better tonight. We can't afford to be playing 20 minutes of suck every night.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Really? Am I talking to a 12 year old, that cant hear someone else's difference in opinion without turning to ridicule? :shakehead

You've made a lot of excuses for Ryan, and frankly, I just think Anaheim fans are getting tired of excusing Ryan. He just hasn't been very good, and it has little to do with PP time. Ryan either seems hot or cold, with little inbetween.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Preds line-up from practice today (posting because it isn't in the OP and Trotz shuffled things).

Wilson-Fisher-Erat
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
SK-Spaling-Smith
Yip/Halischuk/Clune/Gaustad/McGrattan

Weber-Josi
Klein-Hannan
Ellis-Gill

Rinne
Mason

Good luck tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.