rosterNSH2_zps44a4e7fc.jpg

rosterNSH3_zps2605a2bb.jpg
rosterNSH4_zps3a877b3d.jpg

rosterNSH5_zps2edbd2e9.jpg
rosterNSH6_zps05822dd6.jpg

rosterNSH7_zps4a88c9ec.jpg
rosterNSH8_zpsba2d8d79.jpg

Preds lineup:

I have no idea, but they have Legwand, Fisher, Josi, some other players, and some guy named Weber. Minus Gaustad, he have an injury. Minus Tootoo too, he joined even bigger rivals

@
479513087_6464998173_z.jpg

NOTES:
* Preds have injured checking line center Gaustad. Ducks currently without injuries (Lindholm doesn`t count)
* Preds will play their 3d of 7 road trip game
* Preds didn`t played yesterday
* Goaltender Pekka Rinne has a 9-2-2 record with a 1.95 goals-against average and a .932 save percentage in 13 career starts against Anaheim.
* Our defense still sucks and we will face about as good goalie as yesterday
* We are 27th in the league in SOG (26,7) and NSH is 30th (24.2)
* We are 11th on SA (29,3) and NSH is 14th (30,2)°
* The good thing is - we are still over .500 on both - wins and PK%

*I took yesterdays lineup (changed only Fasth, as he is a good possibility) and if something will be changed, i wont be able to remake the poster, i`m out for a night

Lets go boys! Kill that Predator!

predator060609.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Hey, this ones not a home opener ... We just might have a chance :)

3-2 Quacks. A Ryan hatty

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Sorry fellas, I'm getting up to watch this one live as well. Sitting 0-1 for live games, 2-0 for on demand :cry:

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I'm going tonight, hopefully Fasth is good and gives us a win. Most important game of the season so far! Lets win this!

Stormrider451

Feb 1, 2009
Puerto Rico
www.avalanchedb.com
I come in peace.

I noticed Ryan played only 13min and 0 PP min last game. Did he do something to get so little time? Will he again see 13 min tonight? Any chances the Ducks finally tap Ryan's potential in the next decade? Ryan is a hell of a player and it seems like he hasnt been able to reach his true potential in Anaheim behind Selanne despite already being plenty of years into his career. I remember last year thinking when trade rumors floated about Ryan.... "will the ducks truly trade him without seriously experiencing the true fullest potential of Ryan"?

Do you guys think it would be prudent, if the ducks look to be out of the playoff run later this year, to trade Selanne to a contender? Thus getting some pieces for the future and giving Ryan the full shot at top PP and EV minutes?

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Ducks were on PK half the game. Plus his line has pretty much become the 3rd line.

The Ducks will consider trading Ryan again if the team struggles but until Perry is re-signed, chances of it happening, even if we are out of it are small.

Selanne will only be moved if he asks to be. Murray loved the Finns. They won't go anywhere unless they want to go to a contender if we are out of playoff contention, which I don't think we will be.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
We don't have a choice with Selanne. If he asks to play with a playoff team, and it's not us, we'll send him to where he wants to go. If he chooses to stay like last year, we won't ask him to waive.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
To be on the PP you must be awarded a PP......

Anyway, Go Ducks! I'm just happy we don't have to watch Tootoo and his repeatedly uncalled charges tonight.

Ted Brautigan

Dec 16, 2011
We don't have a choice with Selanne. If he asks to play with a playoff team, and it's not us, we'll send him to where he wants to go. If he chooses to stay like last year, we won't ask him to waive.

Im 100% sure that Selanne wont go anywhere. This is his last season, and he want retire as a Duck.

Schneider was great yesterday and it wont be any easier tonight against Rinne. BB should yell loud and clear that stay out of the penalty box. PK is big joke right now, so discipline is the key to the victory today.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I come in peace.

I noticed Ryan played only 13min and 0 PP min last game. Did he do something to get so little time? Will he again see 13 min tonight? Any chances the Ducks finally tap Ryan's potential in the next decade? Ryan is a hell of a player and it seems like he hasnt been able to reach his true potential in Anaheim behind Selanne despite already being plenty of years into his career. I remember last year thinking when trade rumors floated about Ryan.... "will the ducks truly trade him without seriously experiencing the true fullest potential of Ryan"?

Do you guys think it would be prudent, if the ducks look to be out of the playoff run later this year, to trade Selanne to a contender? Thus getting some pieces for the future and giving Ryan the full shot at top PP and EV minutes?
This is a narrative that Ryan benefits a lot from - that he'd be so much more if only he wasn't being held back by coaches/distractions/Selanne. Personally I think it's ********. He's an elite player with major consistency and attitude issues.

We got rid of the coach. He claimed to be much more relaxed. We ended the trade rumors and the other distractions. And now he's so happy to focus on the game. But here we are, and Bobby is three games in, collecting his paycheck without factoring at all. He'll go on streaks of 3 goals in 5 games, 10 goals in 12, etc., and he'll end the year with a ton of them. It's the same as always. Once Selanne goes, he'll be out of excuses. Personally I think that he ought to be the pulling hardest for Selanne to never retire.

getzforfighting*

score 3 and i can guarantee a win tonight. lets go boys need this one

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I come in peace.

Only person stopping Ryan from fulfilling his potential at this point is Ryan, if he wants to be the man, he has to show he can do it on a regular basis. No doubt he has flashes of brilliance, but he can literally go missing for 5-10 games at a time during the season.

He won't displace Teemu from the PP, playing on that left wing on the first unit is the best part of Teemu's game now.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
lineup per Stephens

Kyle Palmieri-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry
Bobby Ryan-Nick Bonino-Teemu Selanne
Andrew Cogliano-Saku Koivu-Daniel Winnik
Matt Beleskey-Rickard Rakell-Brad Staubitz

Bryan Allen-Cam Fowler
Sheldon Souray-Luca Sbisa
Toni Lydman-Francois Beauchemin

Nice GDT

Stormrider451

Feb 1, 2009
Puerto Rico
www.avalanchedb.com
This is a narrative that Ryan benefits a lot from - that he'd be so much more if only he wasn't being held back by coaches/distractions/Selanne. Personally I think it's ********. He's an elite player with major consistency and attitude issues.

We got rid of the coach. He claimed to be much more relaxed. We ended the trade rumors and the other distractions. And now he's so happy to focus on the game. But here we are, and Bobby is three games in, collecting his paycheck without factoring at all. He'll go on streaks of 3 goals in 5 games, 10 goals in 12, etc., and he'll end the year with a ton of them. It's the same as always. Once Selanne goes, he'll be out of excuses. Personally I think that he ought to be the pulling hardest for Selanne to never retire.

Are you kidding me? Look at the company Ryan is with on the 30+ goal for four years in a row stat.. And hes doing that despite having to ride backseat to Selanne (I understand why Selanne gets top PP minutes, hes a beast and deserves it).. But I think Ryan has done MORE than enough with the proportionally less amount of top quality PP time he has gotten over the years. Its hard to do what he does game in and game out when you dont always get top PP time with the big boys. Its way easier to be consistent if you get to play on the advantage for twice as much time and with Perry and Getzlaf. 30+ goals over four years is quite consistent if you ask me. But dont expect the guy to score every game on mostly EV opportunities. He does quite the job at that already.

Everyone else on that 30+ season goal streak gets ample top PP time.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Are you kidding me? Look at the company Ryan is with on the 30+ goal for four years in a row stat.. And hes doing that despite having to ride backseat to Selanne (I understand why Selanne gets top PP minutes, hes a beast and deserves it).. But I think Ryan has done MORE than enough with the proportionally less amount of top quality PP time he has gotten over the years. Its hard to do what he does game in and game out when you dont always get top PP time with the big boys. Its way easier to be consistent if you get to play on the advantage for twice as much time and with Perry and Getzlaf. 30+ goals over four years is quite consistent if you ask me. But dont expect the guy to score every game on mostly EV opportunities. He does quite the job at that already.

Everyone else on that 30+ season goal streak gets ample top PP time.
Thank you for proving my point.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So, what's the deal with Fasth? I honestly don't know anything about him and I know he could very well be playing tonight. What's his scouting report, or at least what do you know about him?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Bonino is worlds better on defense than either Rakell or Holland. He isn't going to sit over either of those guys, even if he gets bumped to the 4th. The only reason he's been on the ice for an ES goal against is because DSP was still playing last night for some reason. Team defense is already all over the place at times, taking him out and replacing him with a rookie who didn't get a real training camp with the team is just bad coaching.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Meh Ryan is a streaky player but I would agree that Selanne is somewhat holding him back when it comes to goal scoring. No question his numbers would be better if he was on top PP unit. Selanne is simply amazing on PP though.

However that doesn't excuse his lack of production at ES. Is the line badly made? IMO yes it is. However his talent shouldn't just be held completely in check, despite his line mates.

Now with that said, if Ryan was the one getting all the pp time and Selanne was getting 2nd unit minutes, we'd be *****ing almost as much about him because he's been equally as bad as Ryan at ES.

Stormrider451

Feb 1, 2009
Puerto Rico
www.avalanchedb.com
Meh Ryan is a streaky player but I would agree that Selanne is somewhat holding him back when it comes to goal scoring. No question his numbers would be better if he was on top PP unit. Selanne is simply amazing on PP though.

However that doesn't excuse his lack of production at ES. Is the line badly made? IMO yes it is. However his talent shouldn't just be held completely in check, despite his line mates.

Now with that said, if Ryan was the one getting all the pp time and Selanne was getting 2nd unit minutes, we'd be *****ing almost as much about him because he's been equally as bad as Ryan at ES.

Yep.

Ryan's time will come. Either in a Duck uniform or in another. And he will make whatever team that is very happy of having him and giving him the opportunity to explode. Mark my words :naughty:

But, that wont come at least until Selanne stops being such an unbelievable ageless beast. Unless Ryan is traded of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad