GDT: Game 4: Nashville Predators @ Anaheim Ducks | 7:30 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
He wants to return to the principles of the Vikings that founded his country.

his or this country? ;-)

The Vikings discovered North America approximately 500 years before Columbus.
497px-Viking_at_MN_Capitol.jpg

LeifErikson1968stamp.jpg

Last edited:

Nikko*

Rakkel is pretty good

I don't know where I missed it, but where did the Cone heads thing come from? :laugh:

The only thing I can think of is that 1980 miracle on ice team. Not sure if this was also based on truth or added for movie effect but in the movie "Miracle" they had a line called the conehead line that had real good chemistry. I think that's where they are getting it from.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Well apparently NHL teams wanted Gust over all other Free Agents not drafted to NHL. That speaks for something right? We signed Fasth as a free agent btw. Not even drafted wtf?

Every year there is an undrafted free agent that every team wants. Some go on to success in the NHL, while others don't amount to much. It remains to be seen where Fasth falls, but being undrafted doesn't play into this. He was a late bloomer. So was Hiller.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
How come there seemed to be so many empty seats during the broadcast? o_O

I noticed it too and that`s why i double checked before i posted it here.

At the end of the game and periods seads seemed to be much fuller. So long lines for hotdogs maybe? :laugh:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Anders Lindback is a clear second after Lundqvist what comes to Swedish goalies today. He's going to be a star in NHL before the season ends.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Anders Lindback is a clear second after Lundqvist what comes to Swedish goalies today. He's going to be a star in NHL before the season ends.

Lindback for sure is in the drivers seat right now, because it looks like he will get a lot of starts, you for sure have a point.

If we knew Fasth would get a lot of starts it would most probably be a close one though. Now it's a risk Fasth only getting a handful even though he is doing well because of Hiller still being number 1.

Before NHL season started I would say that most Swedes was ranking Fasth ahead of Lindback, a pretty close one though. Like somebody wrote Fast was definately one of the highest ranked goalies in Europe the last two seasons or so, definately top three but perhaps number one. (Only referring to goalies playing somewhere in Europe)

Like I have said before. It's extremely difficult comparing successful goalies only having played in Sweden like Fasth with Swedish young goalies in the AHL or goalies with only a hundful of NHL starts.

I like both of them, Lindback and Fasth and it will be extremely interesting to follow.

Talent wise I have huge hopes for Lehner, Markström and Läck. At least one of them should turn out being a star NHL goalie, Lehner most promising right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad