Game 4: Flames @ Avalanche | 10 PM | NBCSN,TVAS,CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Flames fans should ignore the trolls gloating prematurely. Plenty of winners have overcome 3-1 leads.

Love this series. Watching the OT for a second time.

Reactions: Avs

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Didn't he score 25ish goals his rookie season?

He scored 22, and yeah he looked pretty good. At least it looked like that he had a solid foundation for a #1C, problem is he's gotten slower, less physical, and seems to give up on plays a lot. He had back surgery a couple summers ago, and hasn't looked the same since. I'm worried that has been hampering his skating and will continue to do so the rest of his career.

Reactions: SabresSharks

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
OK, if you want the real reason why I'm frustrated about CGY potentially being out, there's actually a personal backstory:

My mom died on the same day Iginla's number was retired (3/2) and I thought that maybe CGY would be the team I emotionally would attached myself to for these playoffs.

I've tried to use hockey as a coping mechanism since and I thought CGY would be the team that from a personal and emotional perspective I could cheer into May and June.

That sucks to hear man. Losing a parent or sibling is always brutal.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
OK, if you want the real reason why I'm frustrated about CGY potentially being out, there's actually a personal backstory:

My mom died on the same day Iginla's number was retired (3/2) and I thought that maybe CGY would be the team I emotionally would attached myself to for these playoffs.

A week later, on March 9, I had to give the eulogy at her funeral. 3 + 9 = 12. I thought it was a sign.

I've tried to use hockey as a coping mechanism since and I thought CGY would be the team that from a personal and emotional perspective I could cheer into May and June.

Sorry to hear that bud, did she pass recently?

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Flames blew two late 3rd period leads. Lost two in OT. That is the difference.

Not that the Avs weren’t the better team in both those games. Because they were.

But Smith, the guy Calgary fans wanted to run out of town, gave them a chance to win both those games. Warrior.

Reactions: Avs and wayninja

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It was barely a month and a half ago. First playoff without her is like an emotional hurricane.

Shit man, I can only imagine. :-( I've lost a sister and almost lost my father a couple of times now, january being the most recent incident, but that just f***ing sucks to hear. Sorry for being a dick.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
He scored 22, and yeah he looked pretty good. At least it looked like that he had a solid foundation for a #1C, problem is he's gotten slower, less physical, and seems to give up on plays a lot. He had back surgery a couple summers ago, and hasn't looked the same since. I'm worried that has been hampering his skating and will continue to do so the rest of his career.
Ffs. He's 25 in Oct. A shame if your observations are correct.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Smith is the only Flame that seems to care about anything in this series. How in the world did the Flames manage to put up such a good regular season? Or is Col just that hot right now?

I think it's Colorado being hot. Their stars are clearly superior to Calgary's stars, (except Gio) and their depth likes to get physical.

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018

A week later, on March 9, I had to give the eulogy at her funeral. 3 + 9 = 12. I thought it was a sign.

Sorry for your loss man, using hockey or sports in general as a coping mechanism after a death of a loved one will nine times out of ten leave you disappointed though.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Sorry for your loss man, using hockey or sports in general as a coping mechanism after a death of a loved one will nine times out of ten leave you disappointed though.

I didn't want to go the way of those who use alcohol as a coping mechanism after death.

Reactions: Soedy

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames suck and are too soft. Just posting cause I know people will call me out (was watching at a friends house).

Bring on the off season chances Treliving. Go full tank and let's get dat Alexis Lafreniere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad