Hanifin - Hamonic
Fantenberg - Brodie

Smith?
Rittich?

LIVE LOOK INSIDE THE CALGARY LOCKER ROOM

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Plenty of reason to be confident. The Avalanche are dominating this series. Still doesn’t mean much though. Flames are more than capable of taking this series over.

Tonight’s game is massive.

Not quite. Give me another game 3 tonight and this might be true. Right now the Avs have been the better team but they've only had one game of pure domination. Game 2 they were the better team with a close score, game 1 the teams were about even with a lopsided score.

Flames are going to come out tonight playing their best hockey with, what I would image, a new game strategy.

Reactions: MacBradley and cgf

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
How did the Flames even make the playoffs.

Oh yea I forgot the playoffs are when the men really need to show up.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Like I said before the series started MacGinnon will take over and have a 3 point game. Otherwise he'll be a mouse. Flames will tilt the ice against the Aves top line and their depth will win. Flames win the next 3 games and outscore the Aves by 18 to 4.

I haven't checked the facts but its a fact that the top seeds in each conference have never both lost in the first round. Its statistically impossible for the Aves to win at this point.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Not quite. Give me another game 3 tonight and this might be true. Right now the Avs have been the better team but they've only had one game of pure domination. Game 2 they were the better team with a close score, game 1 the teams were about even with a lopsided score.

Flames are going to come out tonight playing their best hockey with, what I would image, a new game strategy.
Game two was a dominant performance by the Avs. 5v5 it was even more dominant than game 3.

dl.php

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Tonights game will probably be the most decisive game of the series. If the Avs come out fighting hard and take the game, no doubt they take the series. If the Flames take control and show up to take the game, momentum could easily shift.

Anything can happen in the post season. Just ask Tampa.

GO FLAMERS!!!

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Like I said before the series started MacGinnon will take over and have a 3 point game. Otherwise he'll be a mouse. Flames will tilt the ice against the Aves top line and their depth will win. Flames win the next 3 games and outscore the Aves by 18 to 4.

I haven't checked the facts but its a fact that the top seeds in each conference have never both lost in the first round. Its statistically impossible for the Aves to win at this point.

more like MouseGinnon, amirite

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
There are one thing on both teams I do not like and I feel that is shaky and I feel will be the ultimate downfall for both of these squads. That is the goaltending. That being said I would take Grubs over Smith or Rittich any day. Also I feel Colorado has very impressive offense. I see Colorado taking a 3 to 1 game lead in this series tonight.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs win and it’s a 3-1 stranglehold.
Calgary wins and it’s a tied series heading back home for 2 of the last 3 potential games.

Crazy how important this game is.

Reactions: ASmileyFace and cgf

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If I'm being 100% honest, I don't have a good feeling about tonight's game. I think Calgary adjusts and we have a bit of a letdown game.
I'm sure they've figured the Avs out, and the last game was just a giant oversight by them.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Any confirmation on the lines for either side?

I can't imagine that Calgary puts in Rittich (as Smith hasn't been their problem), but I've been surprised in the playoffs before.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
There are one thing on both teams I do not like and I feel that is shaky and I feel will be the ultimate downfall for both of these squads. That is the goaltending. That being said I would take Grubs over Smith or Rittich any day. Also I feel Colorado has very impressive offense. I see Colorado taking a 3 to 1 game lead in this series tonight.
Grubauer has been lights out for a month. Last game Calgary scored a goal off a skate, and their second goal was just MacKinnon being lazy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I can't imagine that Calgary puts in Rittich (as Smith hasn't been their problem), but I've been surprised in the playoffs before.
Brassard and Girard aren’t practicing so I’d assume Colorado has the same lineup as game 3.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Smith actually played really well on Monday to only allow six, it could have easily been double that. But I could see the Flames trying to shake things up by putting Rittich in for game four to try to goose their team a little bit. Not likely, but possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad