Game 4: Flames @ Avalanche | 10 PM | NBCSN,TVAS,CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Yup. All it takes is them taking game 5 and suddenly game 6 is basically 'win it, and it's a best of 1'
Avs were down 3-2 heading to NJ in the Cup Final when Bourque finally won it. One win and the Flames are in that position.

Cliche alert ... This series is far from over.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Maybe my frustrations this series came off as troll like. But I just thought the signs were there from my perspective for a Calgary Cup run.

Guess not.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
OK, if you want the real reason why I'm frustrated about CGY potentially being out, there's actually a personal backstory:

My mom died on the same day Iginla's number was retired (3/2) and I thought that maybe CGY would be the team I emotionally would attached myself to for these playoffs.

A week later, on March 9, I had to give the eulogy at her funeral. 3 + 9 = 12. I thought it was a sign.

I've tried to use hockey as a coping mechanism since and I thought CGY would be the team that from a personal and emotional perspective I could cheer into May and June.
Hey man I feel for you in the difficultly with losing someone so close to you. That’s real life and something that transcends sport. I wish you all the best and wish you strength and patience in your struggles with coping. I’ve been there and don’t wish to diminish your feelings in the slightest in this regard.

You must understand though thst from the perspective of people who don’t know that backstory it was only coming across as bitterness to a result you didn’t like. On your person attachment to this series, it’s unfortunate that the flames are just not playing good enough to be up here. But again, from the perspective of people who don’t (didn’t) have the understanding of your emotional link to this particularly team, I guess it was just hard to swallow your seemingly unwillingness to give Colorado credit in deservedly being up.

Again, sports aside, I hope you find the healing that only comes with time after such a devastating personal loss. All the best man.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Avs were down 3-2 heading to NJ in the Cup Final when Bourque finally won it. One win and the Flames are in that position.

Cliche alert ... This series is far from over.
Weirdly,I think it is less over than it was after game 3.

As in 10% chance to a 15% chance.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I don't even want to imagine what this series would be like if Mike Smith played like Vasilevsky

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Avs deserve to win the series. Their players clearly want it more than the Flames. One team is in playoff mode and one is in preseason mode casually skating around not hitting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I didn't want to go the way of those who use alcohol as a coping mechanism after death.

What helped me with my sister was knowing that she was free from the pain that she had been living with...I had moved across the country to help care for her as she got worse & worse, so saw the day to day suffering that she went through. I'm guessing your mother had gone through chemo for her cancer & that's no less miserable. :-(

Also can't say enough for finding a professional to talk to.

Reactions: 53or8 and Plat87

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Maybe what I said came off as troll like. But it was just extreme frustration from a personal perspective that transcends 50-win teams and OT PP's.

Reactions: cgf

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
And just like the mighty Bolts, the Western conference champs (and 2nd best team of the league, points-wise) Flames are about to be extinguished by the 2nd wild card. :biglaugh:!

No. Flames will come out with spit and vinegar in game 5 and 6. Finally crushing the avalanche just like it was scripted in game 7. Mark my words.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The better team is losing.

Colorado is a 38-44 team with no grit, no sandpaper.

They're basically a less annoying Toronto.
I'm sorry, but the avs have played just as good or better than the flames in this series and definitely deserve the lead in the series.

Also im really sorry about your latest post, I hope you find peace in everything, its not easy what you're going through.

Reactions: Plat87

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
They're basically a less annoying Toronto.

giphy.gif

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary is getting painted by Colorado tonthe sane degree that CBJ man handled Tampa. The only difference being Mike Smith’s otherworldly performance compared to Vasilevski’s average (at best) performance.

Reactions: Duffalufagus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia