Game 4: Flames @ Avalanche | 10 PM | NBCSN,TVAS,CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Series is over, i have never been more sick of neal and monahan until now. Both can played their last games for us for all i care

Reactions: viper0220

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Yesterday I saw Sharks fans complaining about the refs. Earlier I saw Toronto fans doing the same thing. Now I’m seeing it in this thread. :laugh:
I can't really talk shit. I'm confident that had it gone the other way, I would be drunkenly enhancing pixels, CSI-style in the vain hopes of creating some sort of soul soothing balm that would allow me even a brief nights sleep.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I just can't help but feel we're destined to lose against Boston again. I've grown accustomed to disappointment, as a relatively young Leafs fan. I've learned it's better to keep your expectations low.

Well, if recent history tells us anything.... with TB out and CGY in deep trouble, BOS would be the team with home ice advantage the rest of the playoffs. And that would be classic Boston sports with everything falling into place for them.

Reactions: TimeZone

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Monahan for Horvat who says no? :sarcasm: i mean... Monahan is way better according to calgary fans.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I just want to see the best teams win.

What's so wrong with that?
This not the NFL where best team does not always win because they only have 1 game per round. But having to win 4 games in a series, that should allow you to determine who the best team is..

Reactions: Avs

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
James Neal looked like we went to dab on Rantanen's goal, knowing he's getting paid nearly $6m to float around, only to realize it's not in good taste.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
I guess I should have inserted a sarcastic face so it didn't blow over your head. Saying MacKinnon is a one trick pony.... Add whatever face you like here
How can you say this with a straight face when MacKinnon is tearing the Flames a new asshole??

Try winning a f***ing game before you talk shit! The Flames are just a pretender shit-talking franchise that smells like absolute dogshit and plays like it...get out of the way bitchass Flames...a real team is actually ready to play some playoff hockey!! #GoAvsGo

Reactions: MacBradley

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
Well, if recent history tells us anything.... with TB out and CGY in deep trouble, BOS would be the team with home ice advantage the rest of the playoffs. And that would be classic Boston sports with everything falling into place for them.

What's your obsession with Boston sports?

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
How can you say this with a straight face when MacKinnon is tearing the Flames a new *******??

Try winning a ****ing game before you talk ****! The Flames are just a pretender ****-talking franchise that smells like absolute dog**** and plays like it...get out of the way *****ass Flames...a real team is actually ready to play some playoff hockey!! #GoAvsGo

Alright buddy, go to bed and don't give the rest of the Avs fans a bad image

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Coming from an Oilers fan who's once again watching from the outside and hopping on a bandwagon, these Avs are really intriguing me.

Someone earlier claimed they have no grit. Lol Yet they're hitting the Flames as often as vice versa, sticking in during post-whistle scrums, and are winning the battles in the corners.

And damn, they're fast. Like...Flames-when-they're-playing-well fast. But Gaudreau is doing nothing, Monahan is playing like a dud, they have very little offensive punch, and James Neal - what an overpriced waste of some FA bucks. He's in Calgary for his playoff experience and bringing little more than indifference to the rink, imo.

But the Avs won 75% of puck battles tonight, played better defence, and were not denied when chasing down pucks. Flamers could still pull this out, but I could easily pull for this Avs squad the remainder of the playoffs...unseat the Jets in the West as my bandwagon squad for spring.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
what happened to Monahan and Gaudreau? i thought they were elite?
Holy @#$#@ son, you don't have anything else better to do than REPEATEDLY troll on every single page of this thread? I always shake my head at how dedicated some trolls are. Lol

Anyway, good series Avs. Flames needed this one, and though it was a MUCH better effort, they blew it. Calgary is a much faster team than what they have shown in this series, but outside of the first game, it is almost like they are playing rattled. At least their compete level was much better, but they haven't made the necessary adjustments to counter the Avs. Maybe they pull one out at home on Friday, and maybe even make a series out of this - it isn't over until it is over, right? At this point, however, it looks like the Avs will be moving on to round 2.

Before the series started, the big question mark was the play of Mike Smith and if he would be the reason that Colorado moves past Calgary. The only reason the Flames haven't looked terrible on the score sheet is because of Smith. He is giving Calgary goaltending worthy of a cup winner. I didn't see this coming. At least the Flames bridged that cataclysmic gap from the previous game. Just haven't closed it nearly enough.

I do think that the refs have been atrocious - lots of missed calls, which is fine I guess, but then they make some head scratching calls. Has it hurt the Flames? I think so, but at the same time, that's not why Calgary is losing this series. Avs - outside the first game, and IMO, an even 2nd game - have just taken their game to another level, and Calgary has been playing their worst stretch of hockey since last year. Consistently second-guessing themselves, tentative at times, giving the puck up way too often instead of retaining possession, not getting to the dirty areas nearly enough, and losing way too many puck battles. Avs have been the better team - at the very least in the last two games, if not three - at basically everything.

Reactions: Grigo and Sjsharks5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad