Post-Game Talk: Game 4: Canucks 2 Cowgary 5 | That was...sub-optimal.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
i wonder how they treat an mcl sprain for a pro athlete. i had one and they immobilized my knee with a brace for a month. it healed perfectly, but it took a while to get that leg back in shape afterwards.
Yep, that's the treatment alright....in my case it was a cast for two weeks than a brace....as soon as I saw Edler try to hit Ehlers from the side and then the knee wobbled, I knew that's exactly what he had done....a fairly common injury for hockey players....the knee just won't move side to side much before the ligaments get stretched....fortunately no tear, otherwise he'd be gone for the season.....but can't remember the last time Edler played a full season....but at least it happened early in the season and they get a look at Pouliot.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I was thinking Tkachuk gonna score a few goals, then I realized we have OJ guarding him so we should be alright.

Juolevi was demoted to a european league so thats a big NO

And if he was playing hes not good enough to defend someone like Tkachuck who is a far superior ice hockey player

Reactions: Nomobo

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Juolevi was demoted to a european league so thats a big NO

And if he was playing hes not good enough to defend someone like Tkachuck who is a far superior ice hockey player

teeheehee I know, I was being sarcastic. And just like you said even if OJ is here to guard Tkachuk we're pretty f***ing far from "alright".

Maybe Smith will let in half a dozen soft goals again.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hoping for a big Calgary win tonight. They got blown out last night so hopefully they're angry about that and come out strong tonight. 10-0 Calgary would be nice :)

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
:laugh:
Yeah virtanen sure looked uninvolved in his 3rd period "ice time"...

He was uninvolved for most of the game before that, which probably contributed to the only 7 seconds, but yes id rather have him playing over Eriksson/Gagner like everybody else here

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
5-2 Flames our goals by Boeser and Horvat

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
And once again it's a contest featuring the youthful energy and skill of the Calgary Flames vs the veteran guile of those Vancouver Canucks.

I can't wait to see the attendance for this one, such a compelling match up.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
3-2 Flames, hat trick Tkachuk... just to piss off M2B

Both Canuck goals by Virtanen... just to further piss of M2B.

That should piss all Canucks fans off including whoever M2B is which I hope your not meaning me cause remember I changed my username

Kirk Mclean

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver
Was thinking about going to this one tonight but them sitting JV made it an easy decision to keep my money. I hate to sound so pessimistic but i actually hope the attendance is just as bad as thursday so the national audience can see how pissed off these fans are. Hoping they even mention it on one of the panels tbh.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
i'd actually be stoked to watch this team if we had tkachuk right now

tkachuk horvat boeser would be legit

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Hoping for a big Calgary win tonight. They got blown out last night so hopefully they're angry about that and come out strong tonight. 10-0 Calgary would be nice :)

10-3 - Brock with the hat trick, 3 assists for Bo and Sven

-10 on the night for Sutter and Eriksson. They decide to both void their contracts and head to Europe for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Going to the game tonight - paid close to $500 for my tickets.........wish I didn't now that Jake is sitting. Geezus.........our youth is about the only thing we have to get excited about.

#Unhappypayingfan

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Well, at least we know that Green's tenure as canucks head coach is going to be short if he keeps this up.
Why would you say that? Willie somehow lasted 3 seasons, and Benning and Linden are still employed after 3+ years and it doesn't sound like they're on the hotseat.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Why would you say that? Willie somehow lasted 3 seasons, and Benning and Linden are still employed after 3+ years and it doesn't sound like they're on the hotseat.

Because if fans turn on Green it would also mean they will boot Benning out the door. I think this is his last year/2nd last year on contract.

I predict at the start of next season we'll see a New GM, New coach, same President.

Willie rode that 1 year of playoffs hype for the last 2 seasons. Travis Green has been riding his only real successful season (where he got carried by Markstrom) for the past 3 years.

Plus fans are starting to slowly not show up to game, which increases the process of management getting fired. Also, we are the laughing stock of the league right now. That won't stop anytime soon. I think changes are going to happen fast.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Because if fans turn on Green it would also mean they will boot Benning out the door. I think this is his last year/2nd last year on contract.

I predict at the start of next season we'll see a New GM, New coach, same President.

Willie rode that 1 year of playoffs hype for the last 2 seasons. Travis Green has been riding his only real successful season (where he got carried by Markstrom) for the past 3 years.

Plus fans are starting to slowly not show up to game, which increases the process of management getting fired. Also, we are the laughing stock of the league right now. That won't stop anytime soon. I think changes are going to happen fast.
Normally I'd agree, but logic doesn't seem to apply to this organization anymore. At this point it seems more likely that Benning will be given a contract extension than fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad