Post-Game Talk: Game 4: Canucks 2 Cowgary 5 | That was...sub-optimal.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin'...and also boring hockey games.

Thrill at Tanner Glass' forecheck! Swoon at Gudbranson getting beat wide! Marvel at Green's rock solid hair gel, and picture it fighting the spiny hedgehog Brian Burke wears at parties!

Other sideplots: Mike Smith's now the goalie in Calgary. Yeah, good luck with that. Look forward to him cartwheeling along the goal line the first time Horvat brushes against him behind the net. Seriously dude, just stay in your f***ing net.

Will the Canucks do something worth remaining awake for? Will the Flames remember they're actually a superior hockey team and play well? If Johnny Gaudreau saw a naked woman in the flesh, would he run and grab a first aid kit?

Tune into the SNET or CITY tv tonight at 7, and some of those questions might be answered.

GO CANUCKS!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, Tkachuk, Jagr, Giordano, Hamilton, Brodie, Hamonic...what a boring lineup. :sarcasm:

YEEE BOOOOIIII

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The Mike Smith/Eddie Lack duo will not end well for Calgary.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Sutter v Monahan?
Horvat v Backlund?
Sedin v Jagr in races for the lose puck... which a Dman keeps swooping in around both to keep winning.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
So, is Erikkson finally going to be in the press box for a game?

I can't ever remember seeing a hockey player take the money and run this blatantly before.

The guy is one of the most consistent NHL players for YEARS, gets his "Golden Parachute" deal and before the ink has dried he officially could give two f**ks about anything hockey related.

They should give some thought to having him work the concession stand or any way he may be of some use.

You would have to think that there would become legal recourse for a team, if, say at the end of this season things still haven't changed.

You should be able to show a judge what he's done in the past, what a contract of that value is to a player that age (Their final cash-out deal) and prove that the deal was signed in bad faith, for someones ability to VANISH once the financial incentive has been removed, isn't within the "spirit" of the deal. Erikkson is taking the Canucks for a ride. I don't believe his skill vanished over the course of a summer. I think we are seeing a very low-class individual try and bilk money out of a company by misrepresenting himself.

I honestly think that if it comes to it at the end of this year, the Canucks could, outside of the league, in the court system, have the contract voided.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
So, is Erikkson finally going to be in the press box for a game?

I can't ever remember seeing a hockey player take the money and run this blatantly before.

The guy is one of the most consistent NHL players for YEARS, gets his "Golden Parachute" deal and before the ink has dried he officially could give two f**ks about anything hockey related.

They should give some thought to having him work the concession stand or any way he may be of some use.

You would have to think that there would become legal recourse for a team, if, say at the end of this season things still haven't changed.

You should be able to show a judge what he's done in the past, what a contract of that value is to a player that age (Their final cash-out deal) and prove that the deal was signed in bad faith, for someones ability to VANISH once the financial incentive has been removed, isn't within the "spirit" of the deal. Erikkson is taking the Canucks for a ride. I don't believe his skill vanished over the course of a summer. I think we are seeing a very low-class individual try and bilk money out of a company by misrepresenting himself.

I honestly think that if it comes to it at the end of this year, the Canucks could, outside of the league, in the court system, have the contract voided.

Okay

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Eriksson needs to rest up for another unremarkable performance tonight. He got his $7M signing bonus in July, he's going to play like the $1M forward he's being paid to be during the season.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I was thinking Tkachuk gonna score a few goals, then I realized we have OJ guarding him so we should be alright.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i wonder how they treat an mcl sprain for a pro athlete. i had one and they immobilized my knee with a brace for a month. it healed perfectly, but it took a while to get that leg back in shape afterwards.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I imagine benning is patting himself on the back for acquiring pouliot and giving the team "defensive depth" now that edler is injured...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad