Post-Game Talk: Game 4: Canucks 2 Cowgary 5 | That was...sub-optimal.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I guess we will see what happens. I think things will continue to go poorly as green continues to run the same issue out there in premium opportunities again and again.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017

MDZ-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Stecher

How wonderful, our best player and the only reason people have any interest in this team is being demoted and punished after a third-period benching.

And the man we all pay to see Burmistrov is in his place,

Aqua, you sure can sell tickets buddy

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I guess we will see what happens. I think things will continue to go poorly as green continues to run the same issue out there in premium opportunities again and again.

All Green needs is to do is practice his facial tics and were good to go, someone book Chaput and Menga's flights, swap them out for Brock and Jake and were good to go!

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Vancouver-Canucks-Logo.jpg
registered-sign.png
where is the goddamn "like" button?
CryingPoopEmoji.jpg

'Nuff said..

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
glad im not the only one that noticed that and thought it was a massive red flag

not sure who the d pair were on the ice, but henrik was getting mugged in front of the net by multiple flames and it was like there was absolutely no interest in sticking up for him - in game 4

at first i thought it's just the new nhl and those displays of team toughness are no longer a thing, but i doubt there's many teams in the league that would allow that to happen to their captain with the game basically out of reach

It was BOTH Sedins,

And Gagner was right there with them, which I found odd. Gagner, some people may not know, has a history of dropping the gloves about once a year, so it's not as if he's Wellwood or something, I thought that would have been a great opportunity to establish himself, but no...

....and which D pair was one the ice for that play?

After decades of this stuff, while playing CALGARY, still no one on the team would stick up for the Sedins.....embarrassing

Seeing Gudbransson do that to Tkachuk was such a breath of fresh air, the Canucks needed that SO BADLY, and in case anyone didn't notice, the refs didn't buy his "Oh GOD I'm BLEEDING!" routine we killed the penelty and I don't remember hearing from Tkachuk for the rest of the evening

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Karlsson back in for Ottawa for our game against them.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Except it wasn’t “meaningless”. Virtanen has a good camp and has been fine in the limited minutes his pro veteran coach has doled out to him. Boeser has 2 points in his 2 games.

That’s all anyone said the pre-season “meant”. It meant they could stay up and play in the NHL. It was only “meaningless” if you thought it meant Virtanen was going score 62 goals in the regular season. Is that what you thought people were getting excited about?

I'll disagree and say it meant virtually nothing. Sure it got Virtanen on the team somewhat unexpectedly but it was meaningless from the point of view that kids have been given no quarter. They have benched and scratched the best players they had since camp opened. The paycheck I'm sure was nice but ultimately it meant very little in the eyes of the coaching staff who should be developing for the future EVEN IF the mandate is to win. Every other team can manage it, just not this one.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I'll disagree and say it meant virtually nothing. Sure it got Virtanen on the team somewhat unexpectedly but it was meaningless from the point of view that kids have been given no quarter. They have benched and scratched the best players they had since camp opened. The paycheck I'm sure was nice but ultimately it meant very little in the eyes of the coaching staff who should be developing for the future EVEN IF the mandate is to win. Every other team can manage it, just not this one.

True, that speaks to Travis Green’s anti-youth bias, not the merit of his pre-season play. It’s definitely annoying.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Burmi is playing with Bae/Boeser so that the line doesn't get completely destroyed defensively. It is hard to make lines that are actually balanced in this regard with the senseless roster that Benning fumbled together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->