Post-Game Talk: Game 4: Canucks 2 Cowgary 5 | That was...sub-optimal.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Amazing that Virtanen sits instead of our amazing veterans like Gagner, Eriksson.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Good idea to sit Jake tonight, played uninvolved last game, hopefully just a one game message though and jake's right back in there so that they can send a 78 game message to Eriksson

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Good idea to sit Jake tonight, played uninvolved last game, hopefully just a one game message though and jake's right back in there so that they can send a 78 game message to Eriksson
Yeah def was uninvolved in his 7 mins of ice time and none in the 3rd....... :rolleyes:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Predictable but still disappointing that Virtanen is benched. Send him to Utica.

As much as it's interesting to see how Pouliot does, Biega should be the guy drawing in. Or should have been in all along since he's better than multiple regulars.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
As much as it's interesting to see how Pouliot does, Biega should be the guy drawing in. Or should have been in all along since he's better than multiple regulars.

Yeah, but Pouliot is clearly this regime's new "pet project" so I assume he'll get an inordinate amount of opportunity (even over better players) to try to justify the trade.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I seriously wonder how any of Nylander/Ehlers/Tkachuk/Keller would've been treated by our coaching staff.

Obviously I'm not trying to justify missing on those guys (even though I don't think Olli's a lost cause quite yet) but I'm willing to bet they wouldn't be nearly as successful with this dog shit organization that's f***ed around with Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, Juolevi, Tryamkin, Goldobin and it's starting to look like they're f***ing around with Boeser too.

I hate everything. Trying to be optimistic about this team is too hard. At least the prospects that we don't have on the team are doing well. :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Seems like Cull us using the youngster decently, seems like a good spot for Virtanen. Wasn't my pick but it seems like the best way to get something out of him.

Burmistrov is a vanilla player but he does seem a little higher quality of it from the last couple of targets.

Thought the Pouliot trade was an unnecessary use of a draft pick but an curious to see how he plays tonight.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Predictable but still disappointing that Virtanen is benched. Send him to Utica.

can biega play the left side? the experiment with gudbranson doing it last game suggests we don't have any other right side guy who can switch d.

i think gagner deserves the bench but i have to admit benching a brand new 3 x3m signing 3 games in would be something nearly any team would hesitate to do, no matter how deserved. the idea of platooning burmi/boeser/virtanen in two slots until we get an injury is pretty weak.

if you delete gagner from this lineup i would be so much happier.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
otoh, i am strangely ok with vanek so far. he seems like a nice friend for the sedins after that erikkson boy with the funny haircut didn't work out.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Why is Virtanen not in Utica? This team does not know to develop young players, it's infuriating.

Can't wait to see Sutter and Dorsett out there for 17+ minutes

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
There is no excuse for Jake or Brock to be sitting. There enough veterans on this team that could be sitting instead.

They would be better off in Utica if they aren't going to play.

It's straight up garbage. I'm so sick of the way this team continues to operate.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Disgusted that Virtanen is sitting..Ericsson should be sitting regardless of Contract. Even Burmistrov.
Glad Pouliot is in though sucks that Edler is out 4-6 weeks but good for the tank

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Yeah, but Pouliot is clearly this regime's new "pet project" so I assume he'll get an inordinate amount of opportunity (even over better players) to try to justify the trade.

... one thing linden, Benning, and willie were, for a long while, was on the same page with regards to roster decisions... I don't think Green is going to be on the same page for nearly as long. I think Green will have his veteran pets, but I don't think pouliot is going to be a pet project of his... and I think that may lead to some front office friction sooner rather than later. I think Pouliot is going to have to prove his worth in pretty short order, or he'll be spending much of his time here in the press box, before being waived to (hopefully) go to Utica. The 4th rounder could be wasted in short order. Pouliot needs to perform asap, imo, in the limited time I think he gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad