Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - Canadiens @ Rangers - 05/25/14 - 8:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
for some reason, I'm not as confident now that Carcillo is out, Brass might be out and Step might be out. game 3 had a weird vibe to it and i said that even before the Stepan hit. please, NYR prove me wrong. that would be kinda awesome. ill be watching tomorrow, inches away from a heart attack, most likely.

LGR!!!

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
for some reason, I'm not as confident now that Carcillo is out, Brass might be out and Step might be out. game 3 had a weird vibe to it and i said that even before the Stepan hit. please, NYR prove me wrong. that would be kinda awesome. ill be watching tomorrow, inches away from a heart attack, most likely.

LGR!!!

Brassard said he's playing. I'm pretty confident with him and Miller in. Miller > Carcillo.

Cake or Death

LGR!!!

If you think losing Carcillo is this team's downfall, we have no business being this far. With all due respect, I think you're underestimating the resolve of this team, how they approach the game, the coaches, and the leaders. Not to mention they're the better team of the two. There's a reason the Habs are whining and trying to play games in the press, that's what desperate teams resort to when they don't feel their on ice play can win. The Rangers will take this series. Have some faith, the Rangers came back and beat the Pens three straight and the Pens team we faced is much better than the Habs.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Pat Leonard @PLeonardNYDN · 2h

I wasn't out there when it happened but apparently Therrien told Rangers assistants watching #Habs practice to get lost

FYI there is no rule against other team watching practices. #NHL clubs do it all the time, from my experience anyway

Therrien says a "gentleman agreement" exists that coaches/GMs will not attend practices on days between games

Rangers say Bergevin & Sather spoke after practice and Bergevin admitted he had never communicated such an agreement to Rangers

Rangers say they absolutely would have honored such a gentleman's agreement if they had known

I kinda like this. Canadians go about with their whining. Sather and co. pull masterful mind games making whiny Therrien seem like a liar and put his boss in at least a socially (not professionally) embarrassing spot. Not sure if it does any good but certainly a welcome distraction from the shut-your-effing-face verbal diarrhea of quotes from the Habs locker room.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I'd hate for us to return to Canada with a 2-2 series in hand, but we're a wounded animal at the moment...

That could work both ways tonight..

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I know the fans want blood, but thats not the right answer, especially when you consider the league has historically screwed the Rangers over on goals, hits and suspensions.

This reminds me so much of 1992. The Rangers tried to goon up the Pens and all it did was rally the Pens around each other and win three straight games without Mario Lemieux. And that Pens team had a bunch of hard nosed tough guys who refrained from the BS (for the most part)

The Habs are the ones with egg on their faces. Therrien will milk the Price injury excuse if they lose, and take credit for the goonery and mind games if they win.

Either way, the Rangers should be proud that they're maintaining professionalism and not looking like a desperate team. I dont mind on ice hatred. But taking your issues to the media ad nauseum is just petty.

If Wiese was upset about Lucic during the handshake, then knock him the **** out. The last thing you do is tell the media. If you dont like the other team watching your practices, make them private. If you think a guy is embellishing or feigning injury, tell your teammates and notify the league in private.

I really hope this strategy blows up in their faces, preferably in front of their own fans, who unsurprisingly bought into all the BS being sold to them by the worst media in the sport, and the biggest turd of head coaches.

Cake or Death

I know the fans want blood, but thats not the right answer, especially when you consider the league has historically screwed the Rangers over on goals, hits and suspensions.

This reminds me so much of 1992. The Rangers tried to goon up the Pens and all it did was rally the Pens around each other and win three straight games without Mario Lemieux. And that Pens team had a bunch of hard nosed tough guys who refrained from the BS (for the most part)

The Habs are the ones with egg on their faces. Therrien will milk the Price injury excuse if they lose, and take credit for the goonery and mind games if they win.

Either way, the Rangers should be proud that they're maintaining professionalism and not looking like a desperate team. I dont mind on ice hatred. But taking your issues to the media ad nauseum is just petty.

If Wiese was upset about Lucic during the handshake, then knock him the **** out. The last thing you do is tell the media. If you dont like the other team watching your practices, make them private. If you think a guy is embellishing or feigning injury, tell your teammates and notify the league in private.

I really hope this strategy blows up in their faces, preferably in front of their own fans, who unsurprisingly bought into all the BS being sold to them by the worst media in the sport, and the biggest turd of head coaches.

Good post. And regarding your first sentence, and this isn't even specific to the Rangers, but refs usually seem to have a keen eye out for nonsense post a suspension or other such stupidity. I think it would be wise to play smart hockey next game, and I reckon the players know this far better than I do and I suspect they will. I still love all the stuff Montreal is doing through the media. I have always seen that as a team acting desperate and grasping at weak straws, and if the other team stays composed, as you pointed out with the Pens, that type of bush league nonsense doesn't tend to work. Unless, of course, Philly is doing it to the Pens :)

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Last two years, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, Bruins, Devils....none of them even come close for me.

If the Rangers go to the finals and lose, the winning team will be despised here even if they don't whine like a five year old.

The higher the stakes, the greater the frustration.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
From a Bruins fan-please go out and Beat the Habs.

Therrien has take whining to a new level.

Hopefully the Rangers don't have to beat the Habs and the Refs this game.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Please MSG torment the Habs bench with bilingual "motivational quotes" from the time they step on the ice. Volume to 11 the whole game. Just stay classy when John sings Oh Canada. LGR

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

These playoffs should become a case study on the power of the media. I was shocked at how confident and entitled these Habs fans acted before the series began. Then I caught some broadcasts from the Montreal media. It's crazy how easy it is to influence people.

Really hope the Rangers pull together and crush these guys. They deserve to win for basically every reason possible.

Potvin still sux

May 18, 2014
new york city
Lets put things in perspective. The NYR have been the better team this series, and I fully expect that to continue. They drastically outplayed the Canadians in game 1, and at that point Montreal knew they had to change their tactics. Regardless of how everyone thinks boy wonder played in goal for them, we have the better goaltender. We have better defense men and equally better players and depth across the board.

We played a good to great game in game 3 but got zero breaks...and still got the game to overtime. Lets look at the game closely, Marty could have had a hat trick. No way this kid stops all those shots again (in fairness Hags got the goal on the first MSL shot). We missed the net on several shots as well, a few where Boy Wonder was totally out of position. We scored a fluke goal and they scored 2.

Here is what needs to be done. We need to score 2 to 3 goals. That would mean MTL needs 3-4 to win. I don't think Hank gives up 3+ goals a game going forward.

They got a game, nothing more. Did everyone here really think we were sweeping them?

Lastly Montreal and it's coaching staff is doing everything it needs to do to change the series, because they cannot challenge us were it counts, which is on the ice. They are trying to get in our heads to get us off our game. The late hit was intentional on Stepan, and it took us off our game a bit because we had to change out game plan a bit.

We need to relax, and play our game. We have played with a lead for all but a few minutes this series, I see that continuing.

In my opinion we win this series, we are the better team, we still have the better goalie (I don't care if Frenchy calls his goalie a winner...minors doesn't matter at this level. Our goalie has won a goal medal and a Vezina...he's a winner too), and we have a good coach. Whether we win in 5 or 7 doesn't matter to me.

NOW LETS SHUT THEM UP BY WINNING TONIGHT.

Last edited:

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Bruins fan with a Habs avatar?

As a New Yorker and a rangers fan living in Montreal, I can safely say most people here are actually being pretty reasonable about all this. From Kreider to Prust and tokarski. I've had convos with a variety of random folk over the last few days, primarily Franco, and though they all initially believe some variant of Kreider being a goalie killer (blame local media, tbh), logic prevails and they come around.

It's the fans on these forums that I just can't stand. I don't even bother responding anymore. They don't represent the true nature of actual Quebecers at all.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Lets put things in perspective. The NYR have been the better team this series, and I fully expect that to continue. They drastically outplayed the Canadians in game 1, and at that point Montreal knew they had to change their tactics. Regardless of how everyone thinks boy wonder played in goal for them, we have the better goaltender. We have better defense men and equally better players and depth across the board.

We played a good to great game in game 3 but got zero breaks...and still got the game to overtime. Lets look at the game closely, Marty could have had a hat trick. No way this kid stops all those shots again (in fairness Hags got the goal on the first MSL shot). We missed the net on several shots as well, a few where Boy Wonder was totally out of position. We scored a fluke goal and they scored 2.

Here is what needs to be done. We need to score 2 to 3 goals. That would mean MTL needs 3-4 to win. I don't think Hank gives up 3+ goals a game going forward.

They got a game, nothing more. Did everyone here really think we were sweeping them?

Lastly Montreal and it's coaching staff is doing everything it needs to do to change the series, because they cannot challenge us were it counts, which is on the ice. They are trying to get in our heads to get us off our game. The late hit was intentional on Stepan, and it took us off our game a bit because we had to change out game plan a bit.

We need to relax, and play our game. We have played with a lead for all but a few minutes this series, I see that continuing.

In my opinion we win this series, we are the better team, we still have the better goalie (I don't care if Frenchy calls his goalie a winner...minors doesn't matter at this level. Our goalie has won a goal medal and a Vezina...he's a winner too), and we have a good coach. Whether we win in 5 or 7 doesn't matter to me.

NOW LETS SHUT THEM UP BY WINNING TONIGHT.
****ing awesome post!

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Show some pride for ****'s sake and take one win on home ice.

Unreal that this is an issue with their 3rd ****ing string goalie in.

Un-Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad