Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - Canadiens @ Rangers - 05/25/14 - 8:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
AV's been cool as a cucumber. Have even more respect for him. Let's be honest, Torts would have probably tried to pummel the guy by now haha.

I've often asked myself the last 2 days how he would have handled it. I think it's safe to say you'd end up with a scenario of Torts being dragged out from their locker room with Bettman on all 4s grabbing on to his leg ala Jeff Van Gundy

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Tortorella would have gone after Michael Therrien the same way he went after Bob Hartley.

The Rangers probably have a camera recording the Habs practice. Its their building. Who is going to stop them?

If Montreal wanted privacy,go skate at Chelsea Piers.

What is it with Montreal always starting nonsense? Just play the games. Now you can sympathize with Lucic who wants to stomp on the Habs next season.

The Rangers have played so many series with Jersey and Washington. It wasn't bad. It wasn't bad with Philly and Pittsburgh.

Weird phenomenon.

AHB*

Tortorella would have gone after Michael Therrien the same way he went after Bob Hartley.

The Rangers probably have a camera recording the Habs practice. Its their building. Who is going to stop them?

Or they can practice at the glorious Islander location Iceworks on Long Island ;)

What a pathetic group of losers.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
AV has impressed the heck out of me this postseason. Was going to start a nice long crow eating thread in the offseason. I knew he was a skilled tactician but he has proven to be an impressive leader.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
It's a good question. Maybe I came across as too defensive, sorry if that was the case.
I cannot argue that many Canadians will swing over to cheer for the last Canadian team standing. The interesting part is that the more fervent and devoted the hockey fan is to their club, the less likely it is that they will just default. I know hardcore hockey fans in Nova Scotia that are Bruins all the way. Many people across the land dislike the culture attached to Les Habitants.

Your response was good! And thanks for the response. Yeah, I never got the whole cheer for your country to win the cup thing. I mean look at the Rangers, majority of the players are Canadian I'm pretty sure. In fact that's the case for most if not all teams. The Habs best players this series has possibly been an American. I just have always laughed at the notion that winning the cup is some sort of national pride, when if the Blackhawks win the cup, what exactly does that do for me?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

What is it with Montreal always starting nonsense? Just play the games. Now you can sympathize with Lucic who wants to stomp on the Habs next season.

The Rangers have played so many series with Jersey and Washington. It wasn't bad. It wasn't bad with Philly and Pittsburgh.

Weird phenomenon.

There's been more tomfoolery in 1 period of this series than the entirety of PHI/PITT combined. TSN being the hockey equivalent of Russia Today hasn't helped either.

Cake or Death

Weird phenomenon.

Seriously, it takes a special kind of stupid for a team to start making people empathize with Lucic.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Weird phenomenon.

I heard Montreal players were talking **** to Lucic which set him off.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Can you embed this? It's not working for me.

I got this from a tweet on @bruce_arthur from about 3 hours ago; he used the link from the RDS website.

I'm not sure how you embed a link; I'm not exactly a computer genius!

My earlier linked worked on my computer, but it took a minute or so.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Seriously, it takes a special kind of stupid for a team to start making people empathize with Lucic.

No joke - I used to hate Lucic with a passion. Somehow I have a newfound deep respect for the guy, that's some kind of impossible turnaround. I'm sure Ill hate him again next season, but still...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I got this from a tweet on @bruce_arthur from about 3 hours ago; he used the link from the RDS website.

I'm not sure how you embed a link; I'm not exactly a computer genius!

My earlier linked worked on my computer, but it took a minute or so.

It's cool, I just found it on YT. Thanks though.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Rangers. Please ****ing win tomorrow. And send these ****ing clowns back home in 5. Embarrass them in every possible way. Find a way to accidentally on purpose hit Michel Therrien with a puck.

I've never wanted destruction on a team as much as this ****ing Montreal team.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Rangers. Please ****ing win tomorrow. And send these ****ing clowns back home in 5. Embarrass them in every possible way. Find a way to accidentally on purpose hit Michel Therrien with a puck.

Agreed, win tomorrow and finish them just like we started the series.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

The sad part is the suits up front will be oblivious to all this and be texting with their lamborghini dealers all night long. MSG needs to intimidate the **** out of them not b there for a disney cruise experience

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
Yup. And stay away from the dirtiness. Let the Habs be dirty and just skate away from it and keep focused on our game. The Canadiens will shoot themselves in the foot.

This works only if the refs are doing their jobs!

kingnashty61*

I honestly think stepan is going to play.. if he could've played the whole last game fine why can't he just put on a cage and go out and play some hockey.. its the ECF not mid season… now or never

Wolfy*

So I guess both Miller and Fast will play tomorrow :help:

I wonder how the lines will look like, any ideas?

Btw, Brassard cleared himself...not by the doc or coaches. There's still a chance he'll be out.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I honestly think stepan is going to play.. if he could've played the whole last game fine why can't he just put on a cage and go out and play some hockey.. its the ECF not mid season… now or never

I think he can but it's going to be a little while. He just got out of surgery, his face was cut open and plate was put in and he got stitched back up. Sure they were surgeons but he just got stabbed in the face, he can't be taking body checks and accelerating up and down the ice overnight. I think he plays a game 7 (if necessary) at best

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Weird phenomenon.

We didn't like any of those teams but it was all pretty much straightforward.

How many times over the years have we heard one NHL talking head or another and even many a Rangers broadcaster talking up how knowledgeable Montreal hockey fans are? What happened? Did they all die off? We had one of them coming here today that didn't know a linesman could call a major penalty. They don't seem to be an especially bright fan base judging by a good number of their HF posters. Maybe the better ones have better things to do and don't bother coming here and leave it to their most numb skulled. Just saying I'm not impressed by the general lack of logic displayed up to now. Desharnais, Prust, Briere, Therrien, Gallagher have pretty much proved to me they're jerks--something in the water up there?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I think he can but it's going to be a little while. He just got out of surgery, his face was cut open and plate was put in and he got stitched back up. Sure they were surgeons but he just got stabbed in the face, he can't be taking body checks and accelerating up and down the ice overnight. I think he plays a game 7 (if necessary) at best

Game 5, IMHO.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
We didn't like any of those teams but it was all pretty much straightforward.

How many times over the years have we heard one NHL talking head or another and even many a Rangers broadcaster talking up how knowledgeable Montreal hockey fans are? What happened? Did they all die off? We had one of them coming here today that didn't know a linesman could call a major penalty. They don't seem to be an especially bright fan base judging by a good number of their HF posters. Maybe the better ones have better things to do and don't bother coming here and leave it to their most numb skulled. Just saying I'm not impressed by the general lack of logic displayed up to now. Desharnais, Prust, Briere, Therrien, Gallagher have pretty much proved to me they're jerks--something in the water up there?

Honestly, judging by the HF boards Rangers fan "analysis" of Lundqvist during the course of the season, I don't think intelligence is a prerequisite for posting on HF. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad