Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - Canadiens @ Rangers - 05/25/14 - 8:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

I think he can but it's going to be a little while. He just got out of surgery, his face was cut open and plate was put in and he got stitched back up. Sure they were surgeons but he just got stabbed in the face, he can't be taking body checks and accelerating up and down the ice overnight. I think he plays a game 7 (if necessary) at best

How do you know this?

Don't think they told what kind of procedure he required, maybe a bone fragment had to be corrected, that will only leave a couple of stitches.

He played and was interviewed after the hit, that wouldn't be possible with a complete jaw fracture.

Who knows, they always keep injuries a secret. We'll see who actually plays when the puck drops.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's a good question. Maybe I came across as too defensive, sorry if that was the case.
I cannot argue that many Canadians will swing over to cheer for the last Canadian team standing. The interesting part is that the more fervent and devoted the hockey fan is to their club, the less likely it is that they will just default. I know hardcore hockey fans in Nova Scotia that are Bruins all the way. Many people across the land dislike the culture attached to Les Habitants.

Just for a little history. There was an explosion in Halifax during WWI. The largest man made explosion prior to the Atom bomb. Two ships collided out in the harbor--one of them was loaded to the gills with explosives. Lots of people came down to the harbor to watch--not realizing that. The ammo boat caught on fire and exploded and a whole lot of people were killed. Almost as soon as that happened a big winter storm hit--pretty much burying the place and making rescue operations almost impossible. The people of Boston sent tons of assistance including just about every fire brigade they could spare. You don't forget **** like that too soon.

Last edited:

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
"Dr. Danny Briere says Derek Stepan’s injury status is ‘fishy’" -Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy. Lol Briere what a tool.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The rangers need to destroy the smurfs this game.

In the ENTIRE SERIES. MTL has held a lead for about 3mins. THREE MINUTES!!!

They need to just crush them this game.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
With all of the talk from the Habs and especially Therrien, I don't think I've hated a team this much, short term, in a long time. There is some serious hate going on. Like Devils/Rangers hate. I want a win so badly tonight. I didn't know I could get even more amped for this game but after reading what's gone on today I'm seething. Having a chance to eliminate these whiny *******s in their barn on Tuesday would be thrilling.

I just hope the Rangers don't try to do TOO much. Play your game. It's been fine the entire series, just keep it up.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The playoff legend whose name I've heard like three times this series...

Thing about Briere is while you may not hear his name a lot during a game, when you do, you wish you hadn't. Like last game. He may be on the 4th line but he is the only guy on that team that makes me nervous when he has the puck. He's done more with 4th line time than Subban has done with seemingly limitless amounts of ice time.

Cake or Death

Anyone else feel the winner of this game wins the series?

No, the habs were essentially in a must win game last game and didn't look all too good. I think the Rangers take the series regardless of the outcome, it's simply a matter of how many games it takes.

JJJAAAMMM

May 22, 2014
Yeah, I think if the Habs play the rest of the series like they played last game, they lose. Rangers just need to keep putting pucks on net. Last game they played sloppy, but the game was still lopsided. They win that game 7 out of 10 times. They jus caught bad breaks.

I really like the way the team is playing. They don't need to change a thing.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Anyone else feel the winner of this game wins the series?

Not really. It would be very stressful, but there's no excuse to not win this series. I mean if we win tomorrow I think the nail is in the coffin. Also think the league keeping a closer eye on Therrien and his boogle of weasels will help.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Rangers MUST WIN. Yes. 2 more. Please. Also lirl what is a boogle?

Like how a group of turkeys is a gaggle. I have a fascination with stupid names for groups of animals. :laugh:

If the shoe fits.

But uh, yeah, a win tomorrow would be sorta cool. Maybe Kreider scores some more cool goals, rustles a few jimmies perhaps. Maybe Therrien goes to the media about the pH levels in NYC's tap water, who knows.

Last edited:

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
"Dr. Danny Briere says Derek Stepan’s injury status is ‘fishy’" -Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy. Lol Briere what a tool.

The Habs are children and they're pure amateur hour. We're going to beat them since its obvious we're the better team. There is no other reason for them to resort to the the foolishness we're seeing.

That team is completely focused on meaningless rhetoric. Unfortunately, the still don't have an answer for Kreider. I hope Kreider levels Subban cleanly tomorrow.

AHB*

The Habs are children and they're pure amateur hour. We're going to beat them since its obvious we're the better team. There is no other reason for them to resort to the the foolishness we're seeing.

That team is completely focused on meaningless rhetoric. Unfortunately, the still don't have an answer for Kreider. I hope Kreider levels Subban cleanly tomorrow.

There is reason for them resorting to absolute foolishness. It's because they know we're a better team. The Rangers completely dominated games 1 and 3. Game 2 was weird, but I never felt the Rangers were in danger of losing that game outside of the 1st ten minutes.

IMO they have been the better team for arguably 150 minutes or so of the play thus far.

Montreal knows this and so does anyone who has watched the series (unless you're a moron). There only hope is that the Rangers get thrown off their game and I guess they figure the best way to do that is to run around like morons attempting to injure and saying dumb **** after causing injuries.

I fully expect the Rangers to come out unphased and play their game. Which in all likelihood, will lead to a win. Last game we should have won but ran into a hot goalie. Tokarski is not Price and will not maintain this level of play.

Regardless, Carey Price would not make a difference in this series. The Rangers are skating circles around Montreal. No goalie, outside of Hasek and a few others, is good enough to make up for that much dominance.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Like how a group of turkeys is a gaggle. I have a fascination with stupid names for groups of animals. :laugh:

If the shoe fits.

But uh, yeah, a win tomorrow would be sorta cool. Maybe Kreider scores some more cool goals, rustles a few jimmies perhaps. Maybe Therrien goes to the media about the pH levels in NYC's tap water, who knows.

How about shrews :naughty:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

It's like they need a media circus. All the whining in the Boston series, guys to the media and Therien with his "no respect" crap. They need to feel they're the underdogs and create a contentious atmosphere to perform.

They need to get the other team focusing on things other than playing their game. After it became obvious the Rangers would just skate away and take the high road in game, they needed to resort to yapping to the media and creating the atmosphere there. Let's just hope the Rangers don't read it, pay it no mind and continue to play their game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
With all of the talk from the Habs and especially Therrien, I don't think I've hated a team this much, short term, in a long time. There is some serious hate going on. Like Devils/Rangers hate. I want a win so badly tonight. I didn't know I could get even more amped for this game but after reading what's gone on today I'm seething. Having a chance to eliminate these whiny *******s in their barn on Tuesday would be thrilling.

I just hope the Rangers don't try to do TOO much. Play your game. It's been fine the entire series, just keep it up.

Last two years, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, Bruins, Devils....none of them even come close for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad