GDT: Game 36 - Anaheim Ducks vs Edmonton Oilers - 5pm PT, BSSC

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I can understand struggling when we have the kind of injuries we have had. I mean Carlsson, Terry, Zegras, Drysdale, McT, Killer, all missed or are missing some time, but to not even have the effort is what bugs me.

You had the ultimate players coach in Eakins and now the ultimate accountability coach in Cronin, and it still doesn't land.

This squad needs to hold a players only meeting and do some soul searching.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I can understand struggling when we have the kind of injuries we have had. I mean Carlsson, Terry, Zegras, Drysdale, McT, Killer, all missed or are missing some time, but to not even have the effort is what bugs me.

You had the ultimate players coach in Eakins and now the ultimate accountability coach in Cronin, and it still doesn't land.

it's really concerning they haven't had one already. there's no leader on the team right now

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
it's really concerning they haven't had one already. there's no leader on the team right now
Which I don't buy. They have guys that can lead, it's like their choosing not to. And maybe that's because those players aren't playing up to par either so they don't feel they can be that voice, but someone has to step up.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
The Oilers continuously throwing out McDavid and Drai up 5 and 6 late in the game just to stat pad is hilarious. Just goes to show winning isn't the priority.
They have to do something to try to keep them in Edmonton. Another first or second round exit and both will be making plans to get out of town.

Draisaitl is a FA after 24/25. Once he goes, McDavid will not stay.

Johb

• Haha
Reactions: OILLIO

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
They have to do something to try to keep them in Edmonton. Another first or second round exit and both will be making plans to get out of town.

Johb

McDavid is a lifer, IMO. Drai might walk, but he may also want to continue playing with the best player in the league. By the end of next season, who knows, he might look at a true contender but if EDM makes the right moves, and they can pay him, he might figure EDM has just as good of a chance as any team pursuing him too

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Johb
And that the giant elephant we talk about on the oiler board. We miss the playoffs this year? Some of us believe Leon has one foot out the door.

Oilers need to keep firing on all cylanders if not we are screwed. If Leon leaves and mcdavid behind him we will be call a classless organisation for letting them leave. We are in a no win situation no matter what we do. The one thing the team needs is the killer instinct. Our last coach was too nice of a guy and affected the team

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Best thing about this game was the Strome fight.

This team really has problems. Yes, we don't have the best players, but I think we need to start putting more blame on coaching. We should be getting more out of these guys, and it's not happening. It's the same shit, night after night. Time to do some serious mixing things up, and I'm not just talking about line combos.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
12:54 for Mintyukov tonight, routinely being under 15 minutes with no PP time ain't gonna cut it. I'm almost tempted to send him to San Diego simply so he sees the ice more frequently.

Reactions: Deuce22
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Is he? How can you tell. All we hear is that he's direct.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Again

spilling-drinking.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes