GDT: Game 36 - Anaheim Ducks vs Edmonton Oilers - 5pm PT, BSSC

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Imagine trolling another teams GDT over a regular season win lmao. Hope you enjoyed Disney and your flight out of LAX isn’t delayed 🤞

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Is he? How can you tell. All we hear is that he's direct.

No, we've heard from multiple players how he keeps everyone accountable. That's the exact word they have used.

You wonder why certain guys aren't getting the ice time we all think they should be? The long droughts between guys seeing the ice? The odd decisions of who is or isn't playing certain games?

There is accountability, but you can't bench the entire team. Has to happen in other ways we will never see or hear about. I'll go ahead and take the guys at their word when they say Cronin keeps guys accountable

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That was a pretty terrible game. No effort, no defensive structure. Was like watching a prime Eakins game.

And a note to any immature 12 year old Oiler fans who come in here and troll, you will be infracted and thread banned like one of you already have been.

To the mature Oiler fans who can actually hold a conversation, you're all good.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
I knew this game would be a fun one when the refs "missed" 3 calls in the first 8 minutes.

Cover your ****ing man. How defensively worthless can a team be? ****.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Glad I decided to head down to San Diego for New Years instead of watching this travesty.

But I'll be in attendance for Wednesday's travesty

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That was a pretty terrible game. No effort, no defensive structure. Was like watching a prime Eakins game.

And a note to any immature 12 year old Oiler fans who come in here and troll, you will be infracted and thread banned like one of you already have been.

To the mature Oiler fans who can actually hold a conversation, you're all good.
Actually as an Oiler fan I stopped coming on our board during playoffs. Too many cocky fans. On a side note no Oiler fans should be beating on another teams that is down. Look at how long we were rebuilding for and we still have 4 big holes in the line up. #1 RD, #3C, top 6 RW and a goalie.

Altho the score was bad Gibson played really well. Would love to have him on the Oilers but our idiot GM blew his load on AHL back up Campbell.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
12:54 for Mintyukov tonight, routinely being under 15 minutes with no PP time ain't gonna cut it. I'm almost tempted to send him to San Diego simply so he sees the ice more frequently.
ya idk why even have him up if your gunna give him 13 mins

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Actually as an Oiler fan I stopped coming on our board during playoffs. Too many cocky fans. On a side note no Oiler fans should be beating on another teams that is down. Look at how long we were rebuilding for and we still have 4 big holes in the line up. #1 RD, #3C, top 6 RW and a goalie.

Altho the score was bad Gibson played really well. Would love to have him on the Oilers but our idiot GM blew his load on AHL back up Campbell.

It’s not all Oilers fans, every fan base has their characters, Including Ducks fans. But thanks for stopping by.

Reactions: McSuper

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Before this game we weren‘t exactly bleeding goals, were like 20th in the league for Goals Against which is not bottom of the barrel….. then this game happened. Plus when you can’t score goals to outscore your defense problems like teams like Toronto and Edmonton have been able to do, these are the results.

Verbeek has come out and said he doesn’t expect playoffs or a push to playoffs till another 2 years. So, I am not even going to demand change now, since he is not going to make changes, he wants to continue to stock up on assets. I’m gonna give Verbeek that time-line, then will want to see results, and by results, I mean get into the playoffs. I feel the Ducks will be heading into the Buffalo Sabres school of rebuilding if that doesn’t happen in 2 years.

What really makes me concerned about last night, our D was healthy going into this game for the first time since Game 1 and 2 of the season. That to me is the bigger concern. If they gave up maybe 3 or even 4 goals and lost 4-2 would not be the end of the world. But this was a beat down and to a team that played last night and have had their struggles. Verbeek is going to stand pat(no pun intended). We have enough skill on this team to put a decent run, it’s the players who need to change and play better. I don’t think I can even fault Cronin right now.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
ya idk why even have him up if your gunna give him 13 mins
Meanwhile Foxhole Fowler is getting 25min a game ... if you're gonna get shredded by McJebus and Co, at least let the kids play. Only reason i can conjure is that they don't want him to burn out too early in the season. But Minty not even getting PP time is just plain dumb.

Reactions: Deuce22

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think moving on from Fowler, Henrique, and Silverberg will be a good thing. I swear Fowler skates back with the puck constantly, instead of pushing it forward.
Don’t see Fowler going anywhere. I’m just tired of the Fowler - Drysdale pairing. It doesn’t F’ing work.

Rico is likely gone at the TDL, Silf is gone next season. Hopefully we can send McGinn packing as well. Only players I like to retain in the bottom 6 are Jones, Carrick, and Leason. Those three would actually make a good 4th line. We need depth and none of those guys should really be in the Top 6 or even Top 9. Would also keep Johnston around for the bigger physical teams.

Reactions: dracom

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Don’t see Fowler going anywhere. I’m just tired of the Fowler - Drysdale pairing. It doesn’t F’ing work.

Rico is likely gone at the TDL, Silf is gone next season. Hopefully we can send McGinn packing as well. Only players I like to retain in the bottom 6 are Jones, Carrick, and Leason. Those three would actually make a good 4th line. We need depth and none of those guys should really be in the Top 6 or even Top 9. Would also keep Johnston around for the bigger physical teams.
Right now no pairing works with fowler really….

Call it whatever you want… over used, wrong line up placement but outside of all of that he’s been pretty bad on his own.

There is also very minimal reasons to keep him past this year, don’t even think the won’t get good trade value arguement works much anymore

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Right now no pairing works with fowler really….

Call it whatever you want… over used, wrong line up placement but outside of all of that he’s been pretty bad on his own.

There is also very minimal reasons to keep him past this year, don’t even think the won’t get good trade value arguement works much anymore

Fowler on the top pairing is the issue , Fowler playing over 25 min most nights is the problem.

Fowler himself is not the problem, it’s the utilization of Fowler that is the issue.

If we had a 2nd pairing of say Fowler - Gudas, and a pairing above them who can shutdown the opposition, we would not see games like this getting blown out.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler on the top pairing is the issue , Fowler playing over 25 min most nights is the problem.

Fowler himself is not the problem, it’s the utilization of Fowler that is the issue.

If we had a 2nd pairing of say Fowler - Gudas, and a pairing above them who can shutdown the opposition, we would not see games like this getting blown out.
He’s also been flat out not very good either

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fowler apologists have used this narrative his entire career. He has the wrong partner, his pairing isn’t good because of the other guy. They’ve blamed LaCombe this season and will begin to say Drysdale isn’t the right guy. It is what it is.

Fowler is just a place holder till our kids are ready to take that top pairing role. Unless we have depth, this is going to be the same story, when you rely on him as your #1D to shutdown opponents.

The Fowler so Called haters throw him under the bus but it’s not all on him given the role and ice-time he asked to play. The plan should be to have him on a 2nd then 3rd pairing as the kids take over those mins and role.

Do you really want to see Minty - Drysdale together going against other teams top lines right now? Who else is going to take those mins? The issue is also the forwards. They cannot defend for shit. This is one of the reasons I was so happy we chose Leo over Fantilli. Leo is already miles ahead of his draft peers defensively, and a lot of his Ducks fellow forward teammates At 18/19 yo.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
glad i didn't even bother watching this one. this team is even worse than last season

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
glad i didn't even bother watching this one. this team is even worse than last season

I can’t even really fault Cronin, this team is just a bunch of head cases right now and are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. I get what Z did was out of frustration but that shit is not going to help get us more balanced reffing in the future.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Fowler is just a place holder till our kids are ready to take that top pairing role. Unless we have depth, this is going to be the same story, when you rely on him as your #1D to shutdown opponents.

The Fowler so Called haters throw him under the bus but it’s not all on him given the role and ice-time he asked to play. The plan should be to have him on a 2nd then 3rd pairing as the kids take over those mins and role.

Do you really want to see Minty - Drysdale together going against other teams top lines right now? Who else is going to take those mins? The issue is also the forwards. They cannot defend for shit. This is one of the reasons I was so happy we chose Leo over Fantilli. Leo is already miles ahead of his draft peers defensively, and a lot of his Ducks fellow forward teammates At 18/19 yo.
I’d like to see Fowler/Gudas take the tough matchups and play about 20 minutes. I’d hope that both Drysdale and Mintyukov would be learning to run the PP.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’d like to see Fowler/Gudas take the tough matchups and play about 20 minutes. I’d hope that both Drysdale and Mintyukov would be learning to run the PP.

Something has to change. We aren‘t getting outside help, so have to look within the current roster and organization. As I said above the forwards need to be better also.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad