Post-Game Talk: Game 33 - Bruins win it for Randy - Happy Birthday Charlie McAvoy - BRUINS 2 Winnipeg 1 F/SO

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Does anybody still miss Clode?

200.gif

I sure don't.

No. But i did like CJ alot. Cassidy has/is doing a great job. But, CJ did not have 73, 43, 74 etc.. before getting fired.

Enjoy this year success without forgetting 2011 and 2013.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Great 2 points. Hope guys improve for Saturday.

With the roster freeze are we even allowed to call up a bunch of replacements from Providence?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My brother has been in the hospital with the flu since Monday. If that's what they've got, it's nothing to mess around with.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

That's friggin ridiculous. Just nuts. Funny that someone earlier this week was trying to say Pasta hasn't improved at all at defense.

Also, I don't think it's debatable at this point that the Bs have the best ALL-AROUND first line in the league. The offense is clearly there, and the D is off the charts for that group.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I did not love the Backes and Heinen line with Kuraly tonight. Bjork had a strong game. McAvoy is my favorite hockey player. I would put him on the first power play unit.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Rask had a substandard second half of season last year... coincidently he had a torn groin which might have effected his play

And he had a slow start this year... something about a concussion

The rest of his career his numbers have been the best of any goalie in history

Some of that is thanks to bergeron and chara in front of him but the guy is very very good

I wish some of his bashers would take their heads up out of their bunker and eat some crow as rask gets healthy and reverts to normal play

And to think people wanted to build a case for a goalie controversy here. Dont get me wrong, im happy our backup has been strong this year but our starter is rask

As for the rest of the team... most of them were ok but i didnt see alot of guys standing out. Im guessing that flu bug hit a few of them

Given our injury riddled first 15 games of the season its very impressive we are on pace for a 100+ point saeaon. We got enough vet leadership here i feel we can be cup contender... but its the kids that make or break us now

They were forced into a defense battle tonight against a dangerous team while likely under the flu bug, and the kids still got the job done

Its a good time to be a bruin fan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That's friggin ridiculous. Just nuts. Funny that someone earlier this week was trying to say Pasta hasn't improved at all at defense.

Also, I don't think it's debatable at this point that the Bs have the best ALL-AROUND first line in the league. The offense is clearly there, and the D is off the charts for that group.
I'm a fan :)

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
RANDY GARRY GALANT Randy Garry Galant passed away suddenly on Tuesday, December 12, 2017, at the age of 55. Randy was born September 28, 1962, in Selkirk, Manitoba. He was employed at Canada Safeway for the last 39 years. He was an avid sports fanatic, especially when it came to his Boston Bruins, and his love of classic rock will never be forgotten. He leaves to mourn his sisters, Wendy (Greg) Korchynski, and Rhonda (Ed) Winkler; nephews and niece, Christopher (LeeAnn), Allan (Brenda), Travis, and Kayla; great-nephews and nieces, Calen, Emma Leah, Bryce, Avery and Baylee; as well as numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Randy was predeceased by his father Garry Galant and his mother Pauline Husak, as well as his beloved and faithful cat Bandicoot. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." A funeral service will be held on Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. at Friends Funeral Service, 2146 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Burial to follow at Sacred Heart Cemetery, St. Andrews, Manitoba. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made in Randy's honour to Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter.

Publish Date: Dec 19, 2017
Very sorry to see this. May I ask what Randy's HFBoards moniker was?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
No. But i did like CJ alot. Cassidy has/is doing a great job. But, CJ did not have 73, 43, 74 etc.. before getting fired.

Enjoy this year success without forgetting 2011 and 2013.

I'll never forget 2011 and/or 2013......especially 2011 of course!

It was some of the most exciting Bruins hockey I've ever seen, and I definitely have to give kudos to Clode, although after 2013 I started to get tired of his lackluster system, his tiresome antics behind the bench and his favoritism toward his favorite binky's.

He over-stayed his welcome in Beantown by 2 years IMO.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I feel sorry for the Piss and Moan Club.
Nothin’ but coal this Christmas.

And the Rask haters....those poor bastards.....nothin’ to ***** about in over a month now.
Don't worry Wally, Rask is bound to let a bad goal in again sooner or later and they can all scream from the hills once again "I told you so!"

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Chuck is such a stud. I knew the second he was out there the game was over.

Tuk was fantastic, as was Hellybuck. That was one of the more exciting 1-1 games after regulation that I've seen in awhile. This team is rolling.

Also, great touch Fenway.
Oddly, I did too. I am sure he isn't going to go 100% for his career on SO attempts but man after his first two, it looks like he might be close.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Aside from Kuraly, everyone seemed to be running on fumes. Too bad he didn't have a better set of hands or a head that can keep up with his feet. Vatrano had a few bursts of energy and enthusiasm as well. Understandable given it was a 3 in 4. Rask came up huge and they held things together for the most part. Good road win?

McAvoy is something else. No longer in small sample size territory. The real deal.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Sean Kuraly is looking better and better with each game.
??????????? What really??? He looked like shit! He cost Rask his shutout and almost cost the Bruins a victory. I fail to see any value he brings to this team. He can't be pushed away soon enough for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad