Post-Game Talk: Game 33 - Bruins win it for Randy - Happy Birthday Charlie McAvoy - BRUINS 2 Winnipeg 1 F/SO

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He lost an edge behind the net and fell which was an ongoing theme with many players last night. Unfortunately for Sean his slip led to a goal.

The coach would appear to disagree with your assessment of this player who had 2:26 of PK time last night (31:48 for the year) and was on the ice for Schaller's EN in the Sabres game.

I like Kuraly overall, but that was a bonehead play, regardless of the ice conditions.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Games like these suck when the end with a skills competition. Good game played by both teams. Jets dealing with injuries on back end on conclusion of hectic month, B's on heels of injury and sickness. Would love top see a healthy squad vs healthy squad.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Aside from probably the lamest hooking call I've seen that was an awesome game from the B's. I really like how Acciari, Schaller, Vatrano, Kuraly etc... look as fill ins compared to Claude's binky's from years past.

BTW what the hell is a Colby Cage?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Completely disagree. "Boneheaded" implies he made a bad decision. He fell on crappy ice. What's boneheaded about that?

The bonehead part was trying to spin in the face of a forechecker behind his own net with a lead instead of making the safe play, which would have been to put the puck up the boards and off the glass.

One could take it a step further and say that Kuraly should have known that trying that spin with the bad ice conditions was not advisable. McAvoy mentioned the bad ice conditions in his interview, so it’s not like it was a mystery.

The smart play was moving the puck up the boards regardless of the ice conditions.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Jets fan coming in peace.

A hell of a hard fought game. I called it a coin toss going into it, and if it comes down to over-over-overtime in a shootout for the 2nd point, I can't see how much closer it could get than a best-of-1 series!

Good luck coming out of the East; your young talent, I can appreciate.

See you in the Finals, Alpha! ;)

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
And how many have they scored?
According to Corsica’s line statistics, Boston’s top line of Bergeron-Marchand-Pastrnak is one of the 45 units to skate at least 150 minutes together at 5-on-5 this season, and their numbers across that time are almost unfathomable. In terms of possession, the Bruins’ trio has driven play to the tune of a 63.6 Corsi for percentage, all the while generating nine goals at five-a-side while allowing exactly zero against. That’s right: the line has a perfect goals for percentage, sitting at 100 percent at 5-on-5 across nearly 200 minutes of play. No other line can make that claim. Even at all strengths the trio is the best in the league, generating 20 goals for to four against for an 83.3 goals for percentage to go along with a 70.1 Corsi for percentage across 256 minutes.
The Bruins are charging up the East thanks to their top line, young guns and Rask | The Hockey News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad