GDT: Game 32: Columbus at Nashville | 3/23 8:00 PM EDT

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We really need to focus on getting quick shots. Waiting 5 seconds to shoot lets them get into position to block, and they are mighty good at that.

Agreed. It's our Achilles heel on the power play and it kills us every time the other team just focuses on blocking shots. If you wait a second they're in position. But it takes a lot of skill to do the perfect passes that enable the quick movement.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
We need to stop trying to force the slot. It's been covered the entire game. Just shoot the freaking puck.

edit: did Rimmer just say Voracek?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I've never missed Wiz so much as tonight. He makes our powerplay so much better. He has the instincts to pinch, which is what you need when you're behind. And his headman passes are the best on our team.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I've never missed Wiz so much as tonight. He makes our powerplay so much better. He has the instincts to pinch, which is what you need when you're behind. And his headman passes are the best on our team.

I haven't understood why people wanted to trade him, but they've been suggesting him almost since the second he signed the contract.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
We need to stop trying to force the slot. It's been covered the entire game. Just shoot the freaking puck.

edit: did Rimmer just say Voracek?

Horachek an asst. coach for Nashville.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008

Wiz is missed, but some of his no look passes into his own slot are maddening.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm not liking our zone entries. Granted, the Predators are getting their guys back, but we're not entering as a unit. We're starting to see guys rushing by themselves and they lose the puck by the hashmarks and their linemates are just barely entering the zone.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Predators dumping all period have turned the game pretty boring. Suppose we put ourselves in this spot though

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Im not going to say "They battled back and never quit." That's expected of a pro team.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They had a chance to grab a playoff spot and get in control. They blew it. Glad they responded, but that start is just horrid. We deserved it tonight.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Agreed. And though they'll probably lose, a lot of these posters need to chill out. The dreaded "head down loser mentality" is something some of the Jackets have been around long enough to experience, but most of these Jackets don't think that way. Many of the posters, on the other hand, have been traumatized by losing to the point that they are just headcases when the team has a bad period.

The players have end the culture of losing. We, the fans, have to do the same. Granted, it's easier for them because they haven't endured it for 12 years, but we still need to get it done and give the boys a lift when they suck.

The two best posts of the night....good job!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
terrible start to the game, but the response was there

The response wasn't really at issue. It's tactics.

The Predators started that dump and stand at the blueline game, and we don't move the puck well enough to get around it. We need way better zone entries: when you're behind you need 3-4 guys entering the zone at the same time with speed. One or two guys vs. 4 is nearly hopeless.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
At least the boys didn't roll over and give up. Gives me hope for the next few games.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
The response wasn't really at issue. It's tactics.

The Predators started that dump and stand at the blueline game, and we don't move the puck well enough to get around it. We need way better zone entries: when you're behind you need 3-4 guys entering the zone at the same time with speed. One or two guys vs. 4 is nearly hopeless.

admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad