GDT: Game 32: Columbus at Nashville | 3/23 8:00 PM EDT

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Its been a great run of consecutive games with a point. Hope the boys hit western Canada as hard as the Predators hit them tonight.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Tonight's first period brought to you by Morton's Salt. Morton's: when it rains, it pours.

Every team in the NHL has games like we had tonight, even the elite like Chicago have has games where they just didn't have it.

There was though some positives to take away from this tonight, with the play from Mase, etc. Still an obvious choice to me who to start in net on Tuesday though, after he gets a couple days rest.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Tonight's first period brought to you by Morton's Salt. Morton's: when it rains, it pours.

Every team in the NHL has games like we had tonight, even the elite like Chicago have has games where they just didn't have it.

There was though some positives to take away from this tonight, with the play from Mase, etc. Still an obvious choice to me who to start in net on Tuesday though, after he gets a couple days rest.

Agreed. Except I wonder what the "etc" is in your positives section. I thought we looked bad. I wasn't worried about the "old Jackets" emerging, as I think it's a new day and I take it as a foregone conclusion that the team is passed that, so I don't consider it a positive that we weren't horrible. It was just a bad game, like every team has.

On another note, 3 of the 4 goals were pretty stoppable. Yes the team laid an egg in the first, but we could have come out of it either tied or down a goal if Bob was playing average. Hopefully a couple more days off will suit him good, and Mase can start one of the games in next week's back-to-back. In Bob's worst games of the season (of which this was one) he always seems to fail to track the puck and be slow to react as a result. In Mason's worst games, on the other hand, he just fails in his positioning, or overreacts to pucks or just panics.

My other negative takeaway from this game is that in the third, when we're down two goals (granted, a situation we haven't been in in a very long time), we didn't pressure much. Yes, the Preds were trapping the **** out of us, which makes every team look stupid, but when we're down I'd rather we are made to look stupid through turnovers than looking stupid through overly cautious neutral zone play which leads to ridiculously ineffective zone entries. We need to break into the zone with speed and with numbers, not one or two guys staggered. But to do that you have to take chances in the neutral zone, which is temperamentally unlike the Jackets.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Tough game last night. First time the Jackets were out hustled. Preds came to play and Bob looed a bit tired. Not worried I say we bounce back quite nicely.

Am I the only one that thinks Prospal looks slow.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Tough game last night. First time the Jackets were out hustled. Preds came to play and Bob looed a bit tired. Not worried I say we bounce back quite nicely.

He is slow. Especially for a 38 year old. :laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Hell, Chicago's streak ended in much the same fashion. Four goals against in one period in fairly rapid succession, chasing the starting goaltender.

The team did its best to battle back in the second and third, but ran into our early season complaint - we don't have enough offensive talent to steal games for us when other things go wrong.

I'm not too terribly concerned. If it happens again against Vancouver, though, there'll be some worry. But for now... it's the Preds in Nashville. I think us winning there is against the law or something.

And, hey, we still take the season series if we get another win in regulation. ;)

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
So... a couple of days ago, coach indicates he feels Bobrovsky's getting a little tired, says he sees it in his body language at practice. Logical follow-up: Start him in back-to-back games!

Serious coaching fail. :shakehead

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
So how many games does Shanaban give to Clune. I think the hit was worthy of 5, but since Anisimov stayed in the game, it will probably be 2. That was a blatant high elbow, and he appears to leave his feet.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So... a couple of days ago, coach indicates he feels Bobrovsky's getting a little tired, says he sees it in his body language at practice. Logical follow-up: Start him in back-to-back games!

I wouldn't be shocked if Bob insisted he was fine. Given how he's played so far, it kind of makes a twisted sort of sense to give him a try.

I did think it would be foolhardy to give him a back-to-back like this and thought we should've started Mason. But I absolutely didn't expect something like... well, this.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
So how many games does Shanaban give to Clune. I think the hit was worthy of 5, but since Anisimov stayed in the game, it will probably be 2. That was a blatant high elbow, and he appears to leave his feet.

It's Shanahan...suspension could range from what he gave Nash this past week to what he gave Wisniewski last preseason. All depends on where his shot lands on the dartboard in his office :shakehead

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
It's Shanahan...suspension could range from what he gave Nash this past week to what he gave Wisniewski last preseason. All depends on where his shot lands on the dartboard in his office :shakehead

Did they move away from the wheel of fortune to a dartboard? I gotta do a better job keeping up on all these changes in the NHL!

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg

He's been slow his entire career. His play making and vision is what makes him an NHL player. His skating has never been his strong point.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I blame Tyutin for the first 3 goals against. Misplayed the puck 3 times 2 resulted in a goal one resulted in Vinny having to take a bad penalty. Terrible night for Tyutin.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I blame Tyutin for the first 3 goals against. Misplayed the puck 3 times 2 resulted in a goal one resulted in Vinny having to take a bad penalty. Terrible night for Tyutin.

Well good, then it's an easy fix.

That first one, saw that one coming even from where I was sitting

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Weak hocking penalty to end the game, but it probably didn't make any difference. We didn't deserve to win it.

No biggie, we knew we were going to lose in regulation again. I figured we needed a 3-1-1 road trip, now we need to finish it 3-0-1.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
After some time to digest this game not only was starting Bob back to back after two weeks of work was a mistake but not pulling him after giving up 3 weak goals in a row was a bigger mistake... Had Bob been pulled after 3 and the CBJ scored on that 5x3 (which they should have) the game would have been a contest....

Looks like we get to see Mason in the near future... It also looks like Richards needs show us some wns without Bob playing lights out every night...

Last edited:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

This. Yes we made some mistakes that led to those goals, but Bob sucked Saturday night. He should have never been in goal, and its not a case of hindsight being 20/20. Going into that game, everyone I know was saying Mason should get the nod.

Its one loss, now lets see what we're made of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad