GDT: Game 31: Columbus vs. New Jersey | 12/10 7PM EST

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Shame the Oilers let that game get to overtime, but at least canes only got the one point.

In other news, Caps won another shootout game now 7-2 in shootouts, 36 pt with only 10 ROW. Make of that what you will, seems to me like that could/will come back to bite them at the end of the year if it continues.

The Oilers did everything possible to lose this game & should have. I was shocked they got it to OT & then won it on a PP that looked had like the keystone cops earlier in the third.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Funny story I forgot to share from the game.

So, its in the 3rd period before the Devils tied it, I believe it was Anisimov who shot it and it either hit the post or the side of the net. I was so convinced he scored I jumped out of my seat and tried to high five my girlfriend. Meanwhile everyone around me is in that state of kinda sitting kinda not because they didn't know if we scored. I was certain of it though, and my girlfriend is like "If we scored, then why are they still playing? Sit down, you look like an idiot." I reply with when the review shows we scored everyone else will look like idiots, As everyone around me is looking at me like an idiot. I however am still sure we scored and the play finally stopped for the review. Turns out, I was an idiot.

Usually when the player reacts like Anisimov did, it's off the inside bar & it's a goal. The shooter isn't wrong very often when they have a clear view of it like he seemed to have. It was a weird play.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I think Jack Johnson has the right demeanor for the job....don't get me wrong I love Dubinsky's fire, but he will always lean towards the loose cannon stereotype and you can't have a captain like that. Have you ever heard audio of Dubinsky's "conversations" with referees?

try the 1:10 mark of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46g_hjDeEw

Great clip!! Thanks.

While I don't have any strong opinion about who the best potential CBJ captain might be, I wouldn't be overly concerned with Dubinsky's tendency for histrionics. Enthusiasm cannot be created, but it can be tempered. While Dubinsky would probably be subject to the occasional outburst and resulting 10 min. misconduct, he probably would be able to show more restraint than he has if he were given the responsibility of having the "C".

If he couldn't rein in his excess "enthusiasm", at least there would be more entertaining clips to watch in the future:laugh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Usually when the player reacts like Anisimov did, it's off the inside bar & it's a goal. The shooter isn't wrong very often when they have a clear view of it like he seemed to have. It was a weird play.

Yeah that's true, guess I was blind.

bizzz*

I think Jack Johnson has the right demeanor for the job....don't get me wrong I love Dubinsky's fire, but he will always lean towards the loose cannon stereotype and you can't have a captain like that. Have you ever heard audio of Dubinsky's "conversations" with referees?

try the 1:10 mark of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46g_hjDeEw

That would be impossible to translate a single Russian word Anisimov said during that interaction. Maybe only "your mother". Russian language is so much more expressive than English when it comes to swearing.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Great clip!! Thanks.

While I don't have any strong opinion about who the best potential CBJ captain might be, I wouldn't be overly concerned with Dubinsky's tendency for histrionics. Enthusiasm cannot be created, but it can be tempered. While Dubinsky would probably be subject to the occasional outburst and resulting 10 min. misconduct, he probably would be able to show more restraint than he has if he were given the responsibility of having the "C".

If he couldn't rein in his excess "enthusiasm", at least there would be more entertaining clips to watch in the future:laugh:

I love the guy, love what you see in that video, and what he brings to the ice. I'd rather have him play that way, than temper himself for the role of captain. There are other guys with the natural demeanor for the job imo (JJ, RJ). The captain doesn't have to be the best player on the ice.

glad you liked the video :) my favorite part is when Avery and then Gaborik make their way to the locker room and Arty is sitting there with that **** eating grin on his face.... "I was reloading my weapon". I also love Torts lockerroom speeches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad