Post-Game Talk: Game 31: Anaheim Ducks @Detroit Red Wings, 4pm PT, BSSC (Ducks beat the Red Wings and the Refs 4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Lol. And where do we go from here with this record almost half way thru the season?

Stanley cups?
So we just tank forever? Because if you don’t win the cup the team better tank? If you’re not first you’re last so might as well tank right? Why play at all with that attitude? Why watch this team if you root for Them to lose?

Again, if you want to root for the tank, create your thread and root against the team there. At least I can just ignore that thread.

We’ve done the tank thing and I’m willing to bet you’re one of the few who want to go back to that.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
cool, that's an improvement over last year and something to keep working on as we have another 51 games to play this year and our young guys all soon to be back from injury and Leo's workout plan going into its next stage.
You know what this shows? We dont have depth. We need more young kids to fill in the depth charts

So we just tank forever? Because if you don’t win the cup the team better tank? If you’re not first you’re last so might as well tank right? Why play at all with that attitude? Why watch this team if you root for Them to lose?

Again, if you want to root for the tank, create your thread and root against the team there. At least I can just ignore that thread.

We’ve done the tank thing and I’m willing to bet you’re one of the few who want to go back to that.
I rather tank than be first round fodder for the next 10 years

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
You know what this shows? We dont have depth. We need more young kids to fill in the depth charts

I rather tank than be first round fodder for the next 10 years
You really think with the talent already on the team that’s what will happen? That’s sad and misguided. They are still super young and are improving. I believe they are on the right trajectory. I guess I’m not as negative as you portray yourself to be.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
You really think with the talent already on the team that’s what will happen? That’s sad and misguided. They are still super young and are improving. I believe they are on the right trajectory. I guess I’m not as negative as you portray yourself to be.
We have no talent outside the top 3 to 4 players. You really think thats enough?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah Gudas has been as advertised plus some. He’s a lead by example veteran these kids needed. I’ll give Killorn more time to settle in, he’s looked a bit better as of late.
I do think Killorn is more of a complimentary player.

With the types of injuries we have, and terry not really playing up to his standards + Carlsson a coin flip if hell be in that night, its prob tough to build chemistry, plus coming back from an injury of his own.

If he looks bad when were icing a full roster, then ill be a lot more worried... but right now ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

We have no talent outside the top 3 to 4 players. You really think thats enough?
What are you talking about?
Terry,Mintyukov, Drysdale, Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, Lacombe

I think Lundy could be considered talented.

Vets like Fowler/Gudas/Killorn are pretty talented in their own rights.

Doenst include guys like Zellweger, Luneau, Hinds, Perreault etc, that have.... thats right you guessed it talent.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
again, there is zero point in tanking when there is no chance of this franchise ever having any luck in the lottery

last season was the perfect time to tank because the prize was a generational talent or two other guys who would go #1 in any other draft, and even with their typical lottery luck they still ended up with a potential future superstar. that's why myself and quite a few others were rooting for losses down the stretch

not the case with this upcoming draft, and there's no way in hell i'm willing to go through that shit again. plus, like i said, even if this team finishes with the 2nd or 3rd worst record in the league you know they'll drop down a couple spots anyways

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
again, there is zero point in tanking when there is no chance of this franchise ever having any luck in the lottery

last season was the perfect time to tank because the prize was a generational talent or two other guys who would go #1 in any other draft, and even with their typical lottery luck they still ended up with a potential future superstar. that's why myself and quite a few others were rooting for losses down the stretch

not the case with this upcoming draft, and there's no way in hell i'm willing to go through that shit again. plus, like i said, even if this team finishes with the 2nd or 3rd worst record in the league you know they'll drop down a couple spots anyways
I dont see this season as tanking at all.... were just a young team... thats had a lot of injuries to our top players. Are we a playoff team yet? No not likely... but i think the team competes most nights. I think Developmental season is what this is.

Letting the young guys play, and learn. I think its a good season for PV/Cronin to see what we have and who we have and what needs to improve in terms of roster.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Carlsson, McTavish, Zegras, Terry are all bonafide legit top 6 players

Killorn, Strome, Lundestrom, Vatrano and Henrique are all solid middle-six players who can slot in the top 6 when needed

Leason, McGinn, Jones, and Carrick are all reliable bottom-six guys who can take a spot in the middle-six when needed

On defense, we've got reliable vet Gudas, young guys showing a ton of potential in Mintyukov, Drysdale, Vaak and Lacombe, more hit-or-miss vets but still NHL quality in Fowler and Bush

To say we have no talent outside of 3 or 4 players is just wrong and this isn't even accounting for the talent that isn't even on the main roster yet some of which can be moved to fill in weak spots when the time comes, not to mention free agency/waiver wire pickups.

Again absolutely zero need to even think of tanking this year, we'll be just fine with whoever we get in the draft this year whether that's an early-round pick or a later-round pick, the majority of our future core has already been drafted and the only thing we're really missing is a top 6 wing prospect of which there are plenty in the first round this year.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I am hoping our “kids” have enough pride to make a “tank” impossible.
Tanking would imply trying to lose?

Now, I am hoping we move on from some vets and gain prospects /good picks, even if it makes winning harder. But I want the development to include fighting to win, not settling for a bad season because it might lead to a higher pick

Reactions: lwvs84 and Deuce22

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
8 points out of a wildcard spot with 51 games left while missing 3 of your 6 best players is far too early for nihilism.
I get what you’re saying, but 8 points out and 7 teams above us for the last wildcard spot is actually a huge issue.

To get to 95 points of last years wildcard they will have to get 70% of the remaining points. Only 4 teams this year have gotten 70% of their points so far. No chance this Ducks team plays the next 51 games as a top 4 team in the NHL.

They basically have no chance of making the playoffs. Not saying they should tank, but let’s not act like those 8 points is no big deal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I’ve been talking with @Ducks DVM about this, and I am tired of that atmosphere. I understood last year the draft had one Generational player and a coupe of Franchise players In the Top 3. But I’m not going through that crap again.

If Folks want to discuss where the Ducks could land and potential draft candidates in the Draft thread, then have at it. But it’s only Game #31, so don’t want To even hear about the draft now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We are not having a Tank discussion here, and we will not be having a tank discussion thread rooting for them to lose. You want to root for them to lose go to the main GDT’s when they are posted.

Thank you.
DEEAB450-C667-4F1A-AC68-C90FF1B60D17.gif

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
8 points out of a wildcard spot with 51 games left while missing 3 of your 6 best players is far too early for nihilism.
I wanna see them win 15 out of next 20 games.. That will bring them in the mix of it.. Hopefully the guys coming back will spark the whole team

Reactions: Ducks DVM

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Yeah, I think we’ve tanked enough. I’d like to see some fairly competitive hockey the rest of the season. I do want Henrique and Silfver traded in early 2024 though. I’m good with short term extensions for Carrick and Lybush.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We are not having a Tank discussion here, and we will not be having a tank discussion thread rooting for them to lose. You want to root for them to lose go to the main GDT’s when they are posted.

Thank you.

Thanks. The guy was trolling, moving the goal post constantly. Went from last in the league idea to fourth from last in the league. Then we only have four good players. We just won two consecutive games without three top-6 centers, a top-9 center, and a top-4 D. Clearly trolling and loving the attn with all of the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad