GDT: Game 30: Coyotes @ Knights - 6PM - FSAZ

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I couldn't watch again. How did Strome look at center with Duclair and Fisch?

Strome was one of our best players tonight. Almost had two goals, made a great play in OT where he screened Domi's defender which allowed Domi to make a clean and opeb zone entry. His defensive play is more noticabke than Dvorak in a good way. I've been realky impressed by it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Thanks for.the update on Strome guys. I know this season blows but several of our young guys look legit. We have a hell of a core to build around. Nothing that's happened this season has got me down on the talent. Hopefully the two negatives from early in the season continue to improve with the goal tending looking like its fixed at least for the short term and Tocc finally figures things out.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Strome was one of our best players tonight. Almost had two goals, made a great play in OT where he screened Domi's defender which allowed Domi to make a clean and opeb zone entry. His defensive play is more noticabke than Dvorak in a good way. I've been realky impressed by it.
Agreed. Strome was good at hounding pucks and his passing/vision was superb. Also great positional play without the puck in the o zone. If it weren't for a post and then immediately a broken stick, he'd have had a goal. Good game for him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think wedge makes a case to battle for that starting job. Kid is damn good.

I ****ing hate Vegas, their uniforms are terrible. I just can’t understand how we can’t manage to beat such a **** team.
Agree about Wedgewood. He he a shot at stealing a job.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Who in the **** does a no look drop pass at the blueline during 3 on 3 sudden death? Whonin the **** manages not to see the guy about to eat your ****ing lunch for pulling that ****? There are three guys to be aware of and you miss the one about to pull your goddamned ****ing pants down? Goligoski! God damn it! Aghhhh!

Ryan Getzlaf two years ago...

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Geez - Gogo gave that one away in OT. I really thought Keller was going to score. He seems to be fighting the puck a bit now. He is getting a lot less touches on the puck. Liked Stome's game. It would have been nice if he buried that one off the post - really would have helped his and the teams confidence. Wedge looks really good. He can play anytime. What a big difference from Domingue - Even when Domingue looked good at times over the last few seasons - I was worried. Wedge looks confident and his positioning has been good.

Reider missed his man on the 2nd goal - He was trailing the play and pulled up in the defensive zone for some reason. He needs to recognize the man trailing the rush. He pulled up and covered no one. I have no idea which line to put Rieder on. I don't like him playing with Perlini. I have liked the way Stepan has played as of late.
Fischer is a beast - he just seems to get better.

Good to see Chychrun back and score a goal. It will take him a few games to figure out some of the passing as he had a couple bad turnovers.

The one thing I like about the Coyotes, they seem to be in every game going into the third period. There are a few exceptions but they don't seem to give up. In the last few years, there were times where we were finished after the 1st period. Thought they outplayed Vegas in the third period until the last few minutes.

Reactions: _Del_

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Sabres fan here.

Anyone have insight on how Chychrun played tonight?
I missed up until his goal, so I can't say before that, after he had a rough turnover but besides that was very good. Mobility looked good, was good defensively, had a nice goal too. Basically, shhhhhhhhhhh he is legend.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
OT pairings should be:

Domi/Keller/OEL
Dvo/Fischer/Goligoski
Strome/Duclair/Chychrun

no Rieder, no Stepan, no Goligoski when Hjalmarsson is healthy

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Rebound control has been an issue from him from the beginning. It's going to bite him. Still having a very nice run. Especially if you take out the back-to-backs.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Also was able to see most of this game! Wedgewood was great for us. Got the team that point because they easily could have come out with a regulation loss. Secondly... CHYCHRUN!! Oh how I have missed ye. Was extremely happy to see he is back and also that he scored! I think he played a decent game. Some mistakes and rust but that's probably to be expected. It's just so fun watching him because he has good speed back there AND a good brain to go along with it. Not to mention he can hit the net!

Strome has been solid for us, too. I am a fan of that line of him, Duke, and Fischer. They are doing well together. Fischer has also been good recently too...I gotta give credit where it is due. Someone mentioned it earlier but I also agree Keller is fighting it a bit. Not getting as MANY looks as earlier and seems to be a bit out of whack here and there with chemistry. Next step for the Yotes is just getting him in the right spot for the team. It would be so much easier if Domi wasn't on this crazy not scoring a goal binge. It's nuts.

Overall, nice to come away with the 1 point there. Brutal play bot Goligoski in OT but I'll take the one point this time. 3 out of 4 points in a back to back ain't bad.

Ps... Why WAS Vegas wearing their whites last night? Threw me off when I first turned on the game lol.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Normally I would agree with you, but we don't need points, we need wins. Wins breed confidence. Points just make it less likely we win the lottery.
Ah I had forgotten about the standings lol. I do agree though that wins would be better. Especially wins where they play well and earn it. I am so bitter about lotteries with this team that is probably why I forgot haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad