:coyotes @ :vegas
6PM
FSAZ

DQInfJyUMAAOuzY.jpg

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Even though I had Wedge in the OP and he's apparently starting, they really should be starting Langhammer. Maybe it sounds crazy but Langhammer looked really good in relief last time and both of Wedge's stinkers were on the 2nd half of a back to back. Plus quite a few studies have shown a rested back up is the better way to go.

Wedge was insane in the 2nd last night but I'd still play Langhammer.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Even though I had Wedge in the OP and he's apparently starting, they really should be starting Langhammer. Maybe it sounds crazy but Langhammer looked really good in relief last time and both of Wedge's stinkers were on the 2nd half of a back to back. Plus quite a few studies have shown a rested back up is the better way to go.

Wedge was insane in the 2nd last night but I'd still play Langhammer.

Probably riding the old “stick with the hot goalie” psalm.

If they keep him on a short leash then it might not be all that bad.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Probably riding the old “stick with the hot goalie” psalm.

If they keep him on a short leash then it might not be all that bad.

I think the earliest Tocc has pulled a goalie is 3 goals this season. I can see the argument in just saying the talent disparity is too great for the rest to matter, but that doesn't apply to Wedge who I like but was stuck in the A himself till 10 minutes ago :laugh:

He's barely played at all this season but he's rocking a .947 sv% in 3 games in Tucson and 1.000 up here in half a game. Definitely warrants a look IMO before Raanta comes back.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Quick, someone call Billywitchdoctor.com. The chicken is back.
Why do you think he's back? I placed that call the minute they announced his injury. He's been thwacking his Chychrun resurrection stick harder and more frequently than a wide open forward in front of the net. Now he has arisen.

SHHHHHHH HE IS LEGEND!

Also I didn't know Luke Richardson was his uncle, he was a bad mamma jamma.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
C H I C K E N R U N H Y P E

Vegas are extremely f***ing frustrating to play against, that team of misfits is well coached and play a system that really suits them. So you know, if we could just feed off the confidence from last night and somehow light these wankers up, that'd be great :naughty:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Not to be a debbie downer, but every time I watch the draft video, the first time they put the camera on him he is shaking his head. Is it possible he didn't want to get drafted by us? Yes, he says the right things in the interviews, but prior to them saying his name, that felt like he wanted to go somewhere else.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Not to be a debbie downer, but every time I watch the draft video, the first time they put the camera on him he is shaking his head. Is it possible he didn't want to get drafted by us? Yes, he says the right things in the interviews, but prior to them saying his name, that felt like he wanted to go somewhere else.

Looks like he was shaking his head at something his dad said. I believe he already knew he was going to AZ because somebody at our table winked at him just before the pick :laugh:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Looks like he was shaking his head at something his dad said. I believe he already knew he was going to AZ because somebody at our table winked at him just before the pick :laugh:

It was mentioned somewhere that it was Tippett. He looked up at Chychrun and gave him a big smile just as the Coyotes were finishing the trade with Detroit.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He was probably thinking I can't believe I was lucky enough to be drafted by this first class organization and the same staff whose successful development system has produced the likes of David Schlemko.

Reactions: 0point1 and CC96

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Nothing more than I would like to see is to thump this shitty Vegas team tonight.

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Quite the opposite. He's a Florida kid and wanted to go to a similar market. Had good vibes from AZ after the draft interview and was even more pumped to be a Coyote after they traded up for him.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Our Chychrun, who art in Glendale, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy defense come, Thy will be done, in the NHL as it is in the AHL.
Give us this day our daily hockey, and forgive us our goals against, as we do not forgive the mother f***ers who score against us (especially Dustin Brown and Anze Kopitar).
And lead us not into penalty kills, but deliver us from power plays.
For Thine is the goal scoring, the power plays, and the glory, for ever and ever.
In the name of the Chychrun, the Keller, and the Wedgewood, Amen!

Reactions: kbay and Jmmack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad