GDT: Game 30: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 12/9 7:30PM EST | TV: NBC Sports

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
At least we didn't embarrass ourselves on National TV, unlike another team a couple of miles down High St.

OSU likely saved itself a much greater embarrasment in January by not winning that game.

:nod:

InauguralCBJFan

Dec 1, 2013
Columbus
Why go back 12 years? I was thinking more recent history, 2006 and 2007.

Because that Miami team was supposedly unbeatable, especially by a team that was seen as far inferior.

Suppose we did make it to the NC game this year, Florida St. is not "bulletproof". Was just making a reference that no matter the odds, if you show up and play anything can happen. We could have been embarrassed, but it could have also went the other way as well.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Because that Miami team was supposedly unbeatable, especially by a team that was seen as far inferior.

Suppose we did make it to the NC game this year, Florida St. is not "bulletproof". Was just making a reference that no matter the odds, if you show up and play anything can happen. We could have been embarrassed, but it could have also went the other way as well.

True...I'd also add that the 2002 team imo was better coached.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Isn't that what everybody said in 2002 when we went up against an "unbeatable" Miami team and BEAT them? We beat them with CRAIG KRENZEL for God's sake.

2002 Miami allowed more than twice the points of the 2001 team (217 to 103 going into the bowl games). It was a bunch of freshmen and sophomores who weren't anywhere close to what they would become.

The funny thing is that there's only a handful of people within the game whose opinion I truly trust as being unbiased and logical, and every one of them picked OSU in that game. Hell, I picked OSU in that game, and I despise them.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
2002 Miami allowed more than twice the points of the 2001 team (217 to 103 going into the bowl games). It was a bunch of freshmen and sophomores who weren't anywhere close to what they would become.

The funny thing is that there's only a handful of people within the game whose opinion I truly trust as being unbiased and logical, and every one of them picked OSU in that game. Hell, I picked OSU in that game, and I despise them.

Would you take them this year? OSU is a 3 pt favorite atm. I imagine the over/under will be substantial.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Over/under is currently 68, and the spread is down to OSU by 2.5 (opened at 5). For entertainment purposes only, of course.

If the bettors watched OSU with their eyes open the last month or so, Clemson will be a favorite going into the game. Meyer keeps saying they have to fix the pass defense. Unless you're going to get better players, the pass defense isn't getting fixed in a month. I'm surprised the over/under is only 68. This could be a game where the two teams put up a hundy.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If the bettors watched OSU with their eyes open the last month or so, Clemson will be a favorite going into the game. Meyer keeps saying they have to fix the pass defense. Unless you're going to get better players, the pass defense isn't getting fixed in a month. I'm surprised the over/under is only 68. This could be a game where the two teams put up a hundy.

Hell, the winning TEAM could end up scoring 68 by itself!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad