GDT: Game 30: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 12/9 7:30PM EST | TV: NBC Sports

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Cam has been invisible or harmful for this team for a while now. He scores only when everyone scores. When was the last time he scored a meaningful goal?

the opening goal in the second period of a 0-0 game? That was about 4 days ago.

:shakehead

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
You guys are all idiots...There shouldn't have been a 10 called imo, 2 for slashing at most. I don't understand why they both got 10's, the game misconduct didn't matter at that point so he got his money's worth. That ref was hungover from the Boston/Pitt game and was too quick to try to keep it under control, that was not deserving of a 10 or game for that matter.

I think Cherryman is Detroit fan just stirring up things here since this was feature NHL game tonite. So, just one non-regular idiot.

BOTH teams were depleted.

Meh...Malkin and Crosby were on the ice. I think depleted means something different to the CBJ than it does the Pens. Kinda like comparing Warren Buffett being depleted of half his net worth vs. a school teacher being depleted of half her life savings. :laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
... and last year's Vezina winner. BOTH teams were depleted.

Might be better with McBackup. :dunno:
Or at least until Bob regains last year form.
Hard to argue that missing Bob last night caused the loss, imo.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Lucky, yes, but more goals are going to bounce in off of Crosby than just about anyone else because he's always driving to the net and usually dragging one or two guys with him (even if they are using all their power trying to stop him). In that sense its no accident that he scored.

Good point, mm, he just overpowered Foligno to get where he needed to be.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Just thought I'd chime in with 2 observations on tonight's game.

1) We played a heck of a good game tonight. Our speed, puck control, defensive positioning, and containment plan for the big bad PIT power play were all very good. I like the way we battled for all loose pucks. It seems like the team was VERY engaged. I don't even think MAF played a great game for them, it was just we didn't generate enough scoring chances. If this is how we're going to play the rest of the season, I like where we're headed.

2) Every thing out of the announcers' mouths was about the Pens. Even when they talked about the CBJ. Totally expected, yet still extremely annoying.

Where the hell have you been keeping yourself? Nice to see you back, plong.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Dubi... It's only one game :sarcasm: (I just recalled the little conversation in the Ottawa game thread).

Cam has been invisible or harmful for this team for a while now. He scores only when everyone scores. When was the last time he scored a meaningful goal?

He opened the scoring last game, remember? That's worth more than one of the later insurance markers. But he's been slow lately. Injury? Fatigue?

Yeah. He also scored first goal in Toronto. But those games were under the Jackets control since beginning. He doesn't score if a game is tight.
Injury or fatigue - just sit him. It looked like he held his line back.

Nice job moving the goal posts on your argument here.

Nonetheless, I agree that Cam's play hasn't been up to snuff.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
You guys are all idiots...There shouldn't have been a 10 called imo, 2 for slashing at most. I don't understand why they both got 10's, the game misconduct didn't matter at that point so he got his money's worth. That ref was hungover from the Boston/Pitt game and was too quick to try to keep it under control, that was not deserving of a 10 or game for that matter.

Jack Johsnon is now my tr00 choice for captain. He's the one that finally got Dubinsky to shut up. Therefore, he should be named captain.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Jackets could learn something from Crosby, the best player on the ice, and that second goal. Driving the net with some desperation. Rebound off a skate.

I was happy with how we played defensively. We just didn't force their goal tender to work, even though our shot count was high.

Overall; that performance, consistently, will put us back in the playoff race.

I was pleased. Very good road effort on the national stage.

Cam hasn't been helping us win. But harmful? Please. Bizzz's argument died under it's own weight and that prompted some amusing back pedaling. If Cam doesn't pick it up, he might have a hard time with minutes when we get some bodies back.

That play by Dubi was idiotic. After watching the play, 10 minutes seemed appropriate. Not sure a game was in order, however. Swinging your stick at another player like that can't be allowed. Not sure what ca5150 was looking at. The league should probably fine Dubinksy as well.

I'm afraid to look back at this thread more.

One comment. Jenner needs to be more noticeable in his limited minutes. Overall I'm happy with his rookie season. He's chipping in a little. You see it from him inconsistently.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I thought we played a decent game against one of the better teams in the league. We are starting to find our game. I am happy with that.

InauguralCBJFan

Dec 1, 2013
Columbus
Jackets could learn something from Crosby, the best player on the ice, and that second goal. Driving the net with some desperation. Rebound off a skate.
I think EVERYBODY could learn something from Crosby...how to pass, how to shoot, how to control the puck, how to be a leader on the ice, how to get every call to go your way.

As fun as Sid is to watch, I HATE playing him!

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I thought we played a decent game against one of the better teams in the league. We are starting to find our game. I am happy with that.

Pretty much says it all...lots to be happy about with our effort last night.Just need to make sure we are able to bring that same game to the rink tonight vs NJD

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I think EVERYBODY could learn something from Crosby...how to pass, how to shoot, how to control the puck, how to be a leader on the ice, how to get every call to go your way.

As fun as Sid is to watch, I HATE playing him!

The same could be said about a number of guys, like say Peter Forsberg. At least his nasty streak was more than whine whine whine slash whine.

bizzz*

Nice job moving the goal posts on your argument here.

Nonetheless, I agree that Cam's play hasn't been up to snuff.

the opening goal in the second period of a 0-0 game? That was about 4 days ago.

:shakehead

I didn't watch the Wild game and couldn't recall who scored the 1st goal. Reading different sources and comments I got impression that the Jackets played their best game of the year as a team that night. The goal was important, but Atkinson didn't have to do a lot to score it. Nice shot and bad goaltending, that's about all. Skille scored a pair of more earned goals and he sits.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
I didn't watch the Wild game and couldn't recall who scored the 1st goal. Reading different sources and comments I got impression that the Jackets played their best game of the year as a team that night. The goal was important, but Atkinson didn't have to do a lot to score it. Nice shot and bad goaltending, that's about all. Skille scored a pair of more earned goals and he sits.

I was unfamiliar with this qualifier

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Jack Johsnon is now my tr00 choice for captain. He's the one that finally got Dubinsky to shut up. Therefore, he should be named captain.

I think JJ was going over to find out what he was so upset about, not to shut him up, just my opinion, neither of us will know for sure. The arguing was irrelevant after the 10 was given, it was over at that point with 10 min to go, so he gave it to him good. Both players were given a 10 and I don't think that was right, poor officiating, don't think Dubi deserves everyone piling on the way they are, he played a solid game up until that point.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

I was happy with how we played defensively. We just didn't force their goal tender to work, even though our shot count was high.

Overall; that performance, consistently, will put us back in the playoff race.

I was pleased. Very good road effort on the national stage.

Cam hasn't been helping us win. But harmful? Please. Bizzz's argument died under it's own weight and that prompted some amusing back pedaling. If Cam doesn't pick it up, he might have a hard time with minutes when we get some bodies back.

That play by Dubi was idiotic. After watching the play, 10 minutes seemed appropriate. Not sure a game was in order, however. Swinging your stick at another player like that can't be allowed. Not sure what ca5150 was looking at. The league should probably fine Dubinksy as well.

I'm afraid to look back at this thread more.

One comment. Jenner needs to be more noticeable in his limited minutes. Overall I'm happy with his rookie season. He's chipping in a little. You see it from him inconsistently.

I hardly think "swing" is the appropriate word, he had one hand on the stink and gave him a tap on the gloves, should have been a 2 min penalty at most.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I was somewhat surprised by the officiating. I was fully expecting the refs to call any type of contact made on a Penguin, especially with the same ref they had on Saturday. How does the league let that happen anyway. I would have pulled that ref from this assignment and put him on another game. I really think there was a lack of physicality to our game last night. Not enough hitting. The Penguins don't like to get hit and play differently in physical games.

Also, as for Doc Emrick and Pierre Maguire, they are good, but I think the oversold the Penguins being "depleted." They still had their best three forwards, top goaltender and top defenseman. Our roster is far more "depleted" by injury. Guess I shouldn't have expected anything different.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
we def played well...i need to see something more out of Cam soon....and hopefully Skille gets in tonight for Tropp...just one or two bounces our way and we win that game last night...getting closer...just in time to get important pieces back on the team

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 59s
Many have asked why Fleury's empty-net goal attempt wasn't whistled dead as icing. Apparently, puck made contact with Nikitin's stick.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Strong game, great third period. MAF played well though. Dubinsky has to be smarter, we can't afford to lose him in situations like that.

Hate to walk away from that one without even a point, but the fact is that winning these next 2 are much more important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad