GDT: Game 30: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 12/9 7:30PM EST | TV: NBC Sports

Paisano*

When they SHOULD be talking about Malkin's individual effort to get that first goal.

They talk about how "depleted" the Pens are, Yet we sure could have used Gaborik and Wiz tonight.

....and Horton

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Can these guys kiss Crosbys butt any more
He came through for the? It's was a lucky bounce off his leg!

Lucky, yes, but more goals are going to bounce in off of Crosby than just about anyone else because he's always driving to the net and usually dragging one or two guys with him (even if they are using all their power trying to stop him). In that sense its no accident that he scored.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I know we say it every night, but I truly can't wait to see what this team will be able to do when it gets 100% healthy come January. If we go .500 til then and do well aganst Metro opponents, we're going to be a very attractive team imo.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Not saying that at all. Just one missed icing and one questionable waive off in the final minute that leave me scratching my head.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how the Fleury shot wasn't icing. The only way it couldn't be icing was if he scored or if we were on a power play, nether of which happened. The last icing that was waived off seemed like a little home cooking too. Whatever. Unlikely to change the outcome of the game.

bizzz*

Outside of Dubi's stupid penalty, that game was nothing to be ashamed of.

Dubi... It's only one game :sarcasm: (I just recalled the little conversation in the Ottawa game thread).

Cam has been invisible or harmful for this team for a while now. He scores only when everyone scores. When was the last time he scored a meaningful goal?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's only one game :sarcasm: (I just recalled the little conversation in the Ottawa game thread).
Cam has been invisible or harmful for this team for a while now. He scores only when everyone scores. When was the last time he scored a meaningful goal?

He opened the scoring last game, remember? That's worth more than one of the later insurance markers. But he's been slow lately. Injury? Fatigue?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I personally have no problem with what Dubinsky did, outside of maybe the method in which he did it. Suspension? Hardly ... a one handed slash does not merit that much. He got what he deserved for what he did.

But, the team played hard down the stretch, after the penalty, and at least he showed some gumption. Perhaps many people would like to see the old Jackets that just give up and take the chirping in stride?

I like the fire; don't back down from any team in this league, and show the younger guys that it's okay to speak up for yourself. No more bullying the Jackets.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I personally have no problem with what Dubinsky did, outside of maybe the method in which he did it. Suspension? Hardly ... a one handed slash does not merit that much. He got what he deserved for what he did.

But, the team played hard down the stretch, after the penalty, and at least he showed some gumption. Perhaps many people would like to see the old Jackets that just give up and take the chirping in stride?

I like the fire; don't back down from any team in this league, and show the younger guys that it's okay to speak up for yourself. No more bullying the Jackets.

There's a way to do that without being undisciplined and costing your team. It's a fine line. Dubi crossed it tonight. But in no way do I want him traded. Love his fire - and long as he doesn't go all Michael Peca on us.

bizzz*

He opened the scoring last game, remember? That's worth more than one of the later insurance markers. But he's been slow lately. Injury? Fatigue?

Yeah. He also scored first goal in Toronto. But those games were under the Jackets control since beginning. He doesn't score if a game is tight.
Injury or fatigue - just sit him. It looked like he held his line back.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Dumb fight by Tropp. Don't take a beating after delivering a clean hit.

I don't think the plan was to take a beating...I like the effort, never upset about a guy dropping the gloves, unless it's a top 6 forward in the third, otherwise, I'm always happy to see that

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
They need to trade him, at least get something back for him even if it's a bag of pucks.

You guys are all idiots...There shouldn't have been a 10 called imo, 2 for slashing at most. I don't understand why they both got 10's, the game misconduct didn't matter at that point so he got his money's worth. That ref was hungover from the Boston/Pitt game and was too quick to try to keep it under control, that was not deserving of a 10 or game for that matter.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Good period otherwise. Dubi should still be benched as he was responsible for that 2nd goal.

Boy, you are a treat, so glad you joined...your observations are spot on...Dubi wasn't even on the ice for that goal...

He and that line were our best line tonight and most nights.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
That was my reasoning behind the missed calls.

The refs were either: a) Kissing Crosby butt or b)Hating on the Jackets in Pittsburgh.

Or both.

It was the same ref as the Boston/Pitt game, they knew all eyes would be on them tonight, I think they choked(the refs) They went overboard trying to keep things under control..

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008
Just thought I'd chime in with 2 observations on tonight's game.

1) We played a heck of a good game tonight. Our speed, puck control, defensive positioning, and containment plan for the big bad PIT power play were all very good. I like the way we battled for all loose pucks. It seems like the team was VERY engaged. I don't even think MAF played a great game for them, it was just we didn't generate enough scoring chances. If this is how we're going to play the rest of the season, I like where we're headed.

2) Every thing out of the announcers' mouths was about the Pens. Even when they talked about the CBJ. Totally expected, yet still extremely annoying.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

FINALLY one other person in here that understands what happened...it should have been 2 minutes for slashing, that's it! They both got 10 for an altercation after another altercation, but I believe that only applies to fights, there were no fights, so I don't understand the 10, neither did Dubi and he got angry. For the record, had he not argued and just gone to the box, he wouldn't have seen the ice again anyway because there were no whistles after the 50 second mark. I love the fire, the game misconduct for the hit earlier in the season was a clean hit, and this was a horrible call, period. Nash never once showed any passion or emotion. We picked it up after that, he might have been trying to fire his team up after he got the 10. Ever see a coach get tossed to get the team fired up? I like that in my captain, he was one of our best players tonight, their line was dangerous every shift and have been for several games.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Thought we played a damn good game. Could have won, just need more offense. The usual.

Can't win em all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad