GDT: Game 30: Avs @ Capitals | Tuesday, December 12th, 5pm MT | No Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Varly has to be better, Barrie has to be better, EJ has to be better, but especially special teams has to be better. When that much goes bad you typically need a miracle to pull off a win.

I thought Mikko had a good game though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Girard 12:30 of ice time tonight, and I thought he looked bad once again. It's becoming very evident that both he and Jost are not ready for the NHL. Send Girard back to the Q and send Jost to the AHL. Don't risk ruining them in the NHL with limited ice time, uncomfortable roles, and physical shortcomings.

I thought the only players that were good tonight were Compher, Wilson, Andrighetto, and Johnson. Everyone else looked tired and sluggish, and couldn't complete a 5 foot pass with no traffic for god knows what reason.

Varlamov was, once again, bad. This is becoming a recurring theme with him. Not blaming him for the 4th goal but the first three weren't exactly highlight reel quality. His reaction time on both the first and third goals, especially, was awful. He's continuing to show that all he is, is a below average, overpaid starter.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Girard 12:30 of ice time tonight, and I thought he looked bad once again. It's becoming very evident that both he and Jost are not ready for the NHL. Send Girard back to the Q and send Jost to the AHL. Don't risk ruining them in the NHL with limited ice time, uncomfortable roles, and physical shortcomings.

I thought the only players that were good tonight were Compher, Wilson, Andrighetto, and Johnson. Everyone else looked tired and sluggish, and couldn't complete a 5 foot pass with no traffic for god knows what reason.

Varlamov was, once again, bad. This is becoming a recurring theme with him. Not blaming him for the 4th goal but the first three weren't exactly highlight reel quality. His reaction time on both the first and third goals, especially, was awful. He's continuing to show that all he is, is a below average, overpaid starter.
Agree but give some credit to the Caps. Clearly the better team. Easily took away the Avs time and space and were masters at creating it for themselves. Both Avs goals were scored off of a rush (of sorts - more a defensive breakdown) where the Caps D got stretched out. Caps are just rock solid in their own end and don't give up much inside the house. They are also masters at obstructing you just enough to throw your timing off and get away with it (escaping a penalty call).

And yeah, the Avs were tired....

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I know people have been saying Jost isn't ready and should go down, and it might be true, but I think Jost has shown some good things each game.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I really disagree with the idea that Girard was bad tonight or that he needs to be sent down. Sent down to junior hockey? Seriously?

I thought the Avs played well for the most part, it was a very different game than we have seen in past years in Washington.

The power play was the difference. Three consecutive power plays and the Avs could not even gain the zone with the puck. Barrie is playing about the worst hockey I have seen in his career.

Reactions: Arnusson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad