Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers 4/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I've heard nothing but rugged blueline savior being held back only by AV's criminal misuse of him talk.

Oh, you mean when he started actually playing well, people started liking him?

What about a year ago, this time? What about two years ago?

McIlrath was indubitably the most bashed Rangers draft pick since Jessiman. To imply that because he's a draft pick of the Rangers people are giving him a longer leash than they would a free agent is absurd. Kid endured 5 years of **** from a lot of this fan base.

Don Jaroodi*

Loffen, hvor er vår kamp dagen tråden? Er du sover eller er du spise hákarl?

basiscally where is our GDT

Last edited by a moderator:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If skjei is just as efficient playing the right side you would play mcilrath and boyle over him?

I think against Pittsburgh Skjei's skating and speed is extremely helpful and the Rangers should try to keep him in the lineup. Against a heavier team McIlrath might be better if it's down to a choice on the right side.

I think so far the Rangers have done a good job limiting Pittsburgh's speed through a combination of forechecking and decent neutral zone play, and that's a big difference in the comparison of the two teams after the first couple of games. Pittsburgh's D isn't great all together but works well with their system if you let them play it, and the Rangers have been pretty good at taking that away. They have to keep doing that while I assume Pittsburgh tries to adjust and gain that advantage back.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This team needed 7 games vs a team with Ray Emery in net, 2 years ago. LOL.

Anything can happen. Pittsburgh is not all of a sudden a push-over because Fleury is out. They still have Maata, Letang, Malkin, Kessel, Crosby, Kunitz, Daley etc.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Pitt is a very talented team. They have as much top end talent as any team in the NHL. They were arguably the hottest team entering the playoffs. They ended up with a better record than we did. I believe we entered this series as the underdogs. In fact many people felt our season was over after game one. I'm very proud of how we played game two.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
you would think after what happened in Philly....they would scrap that idea. or give them out after the game or something...who knows.

I know how this is going to sound, but a "different class of people" will be sitting in those lower bowl seats here. This isn't Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad